Jersey Girl Heading West Updated 7/26 Final Day and Final Thoughts

puggymom

Mouseketeer<br><font color="00a0ba">The Tag Fairy
HI:wave2:, I’m puggymom and I’m fairly new to the DL boards, stopped here a bit in 2005, which was my last trip to DLR, which was a hastily planned trip and the folks here really did help quite a bit:thumbsup2. That 2005 trip, I found myself falling in love with DLP. If I had 1 Disney wish I would switch MK with DLP. There truly is something special about the original. I guess it’s because Walt was personally involved, but whatever the reason, I absolutely love this park. So I am heading back to Walt’s park for the 3rd time in May, (first trip was in 1976, I remember all the bicentennial themed stuff going on).

My trip dates are May15th – May21st.

Well, before we get much further, here I am…

ry%3D400

I’m the blonde on the left.;)

This is a solo trip, well except for the time I will be hanging with my fellow Focker and Dis’ser, DisneylandMama, hi T!

And if you are wondering what a Focker is, stop by the Community Board, it's a wonderful group of Dis'sers who I am very fortunate to have in my life.:goodvibes

A couple of years ago I bought into DVC and will be using points to stay at the DL hotel. One thing I remember clearly about the 1976 trip was wishing we stayed there but it wasn’t central to the other touristy stuff my family had planned. Then in 2005, I was working for a company that was outsourcing a lot of work overseas and didn’t know how secure the job was so I did a budget trip. I promised myself next time would be at DLH. Silly, yes, but I know if I made another trip out West and didn’t stay at DLH I would regret it. I had the points available and while many would argue that there are better uses for DVC points (especially with the 5 for 3 deal just announced:rolleyes:) for me this is the best use, fulfilling a childhood wish. And let’s all be honest aren’t we all kids masquerading as adults anyhow?

Next up - let the planning begin or who is up for a little roulette?

I'm here :yay:

I'm so pleased you told me which one was you in the photo as I couldn't tell ;) :rotfl: LY Mo :hug:

Looking forward to more!

I feel the same about the DL Hotel...always wanted to stay there & finally did for 2 nights of our trip (March 7-14). I would have loved to stay there the entire time, but financially it didn't work for us....but I took a ton of pics from the hotel, memorabilia & grounds. If you get a chance, check them out on my TR.....I have tons & tons & tons of pics scattered thru out the entire report & now I'm adding more from each day of the trip. DLH will be on Days 1 & 2.

Anyway......looking forward as you fill us in on your plans!!!!

I'm here :yay:

I'm so pleased you told me which one was you in the photo as I couldn't tell ;) :rotfl: LY Mo :hug:

Hey look a Brit (or shall I say a supposed Brit;)) has stopped by, love ya too Jo.

Hey Janet!

Looking forward to more!

Did I tell you I got the adaras on your recommendation, I am trying to break them in for DL

I feel the same about the DL Hotel...always wanted to stay there & finally did for 2 nights of our trip (March 7-14). I would have loved to stay there the entire time, but financially it didn't work for us....but I took a ton of pics from the hotel, memorabilia & grounds. If you get a chance, check them out on my TR.....I have tons & tons & tons of pics scattered thru out the entire report & now I'm adding more from each day of the trip. DLH will be on Days 1 & 2.

Anyway......looking forward as you fill us in on your plans!!!!

Thank you, I will stop by, I love looking at pics of DLH, I am so excited to finally stay there.

Welcome to all the Fockers!!!!:welcome:

And 20 Focker points to Katt for the present!pug:

:teeth:

Hey.. when I spot a "pug" I always send it your way...
I thought he was a cutie.. been hanging on to him till you showed back up !!

Hey there Mo--Im in!!!
Glad to see you have started this-- cant wait to hear everything
Let me guess---you are packed already:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Hey there Mo--Im in!!!
Glad to see you have started this-- cant wait to hear everything
Let me guess---you are packed already:rotfl2::rotfl2:

T2, how are you?

Um, yes I am sort of packed, now that doesn't surprise you.

I was just thinking of you and P yesterday. I tried the Greek place that is above Fresh City and Baumgart's. If P hasn't tried that, he should the food was excellant.:thumbsup2

So when do the May hours get released, I keep checking the DLR site and still no hours???

Makes trip planning interesting, I did find that other site that has the historical hours, but I would love to see 2009's!

I also want to get some good books to read on those long flights. I finally bought Kingdom Keepers, but I would love a great Walt biography. I was going to get the Gabler book, but I saw some reviews that indicated it wsa dry. I would love to read one that really talks about who Walt was, tells a story not just regurgitates facts, KWIM?

I also want to get some good books to read on those long flights. I finally bought Kingdom Keepers, but I would love a great Walt biography. I was going to get the Gabler book, but I saw some reviews that indicated it wsa dry. I would love to read one that really talks about who Walt was, tells a story not just regurgitates facts, KWIM?

I just finished Walt Disney: The Triumph of AMerican Imagineering by Neil Gabler. If you want it, let me know I will mail it to you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter