JEDI Training Sign Up

Just curious, if we're not able to get a spot for jedi training are there places where you can meet darth vader and other star wars characters? Besides SWW....

Last year when we went they counted 15 kids for the first show and that was it. The other kids could stay in line or come back closer to the time they would be signing up for the second show. We got there at RD and walked quickly and were 9 and 10 for the first show. We had to stand there for about 45 min before they started taking names. Then another 30 min before the show started. Of course DH went to get the TSM fast pass.

So my question is do they just sign up everyone up for the whole day at the beginning of the day now? Or do you have to still come back several times a day to hope to get into a show? DS would like to do it again but we do not want to stand in line for a long time again.

Even if you child goes up and they are scared it is ok. DD was 5 and she was shaking when she left the stage after Darth Vader came out. She is my no fear child so I was suprised. The CM's were really nice about it and made sure she still got her certificate.

One more note, if you get the photo pass the photos are awesome and you can add star wars borders to them. They look like jedi trading cards. lol

Thanks

The way they were doing in May & Nov. '10 is that you'd sign up at the beginning of the day. They had little 'return slips' that listed the time that your child needed to be back. They passed out slips for all of the shows during the day so there was no need to keep coming back or even stand around. Of course if you are standing around before a show and a child fails to return in time for their show they will take alternatives from the crowd.

Just curious, if we're not able to get a spot for jedi training are there places where you can meet darth vader and other star wars characters? Besides SWW....

It has been my experience that typically the only time that they have Star Wars characters out and available to M&G is during SWW. There have been a few times when they've had Darth and a Stormtrooper, or two, available but it isn't a regularly scheduled M&G.

Ok...now we are just ONE day away before we leave for WDW. Our plans are much more finalized now. We now know we definitely won't be able to make RD at HS.....probably won't be able to get there until around 11am. Realistically-speaking.....getting there at 11am, what are our chances of getting our son signed up for one of the shows? Will they ALL be full by that time? Does anyone know what time is the last Jedi show??

Ok...now we are just ONE day away before we leave for WDW. Our plans are much more finalized now.

We now know we definitely won't be able to make RD at HS.....

probably won't be able to get there until around 11am.

Realistically-speaking.....getting there at 11am,

1- what are our chances of getting our son signed up for one of the shows? Will they ALL be full by that time?

2-Does anyone know what time is the last Jedi show??

1- You can try. But be prepared (prepare your son) to not be too disappointed if the slots are full.
Remember that there can be kids who don't show up for their "training assignments" as the day goes by, and the CM's will fill those slots with later arrival kids.

2- Showtimes (each week is updated) are available for all of WDW at
www.wdwent.com.

THIS WEEK'S INTO-

Jedi Training Academy
Taking a cue from the popular Star Wars Saga, the power of the Force and the magic of Disney combine for an original and intergalactic entertainment experience. Young Jedi hopefuls learn lightsaber moves before facing off against the evil Darth Vader. Near Star Tours.
20-minute shows
9:15, 10:00, 10:50 & 11:45am,
12:40, 1:30, 2:20, 4:00,
4:45, 5:45, 6:40, 7:35 & 8:30pm

Ok...now we are just ONE day away before we leave for WDW. Our plans are much more finalized now. We now know we definitely won't be able to make RD at HS.....probably won't be able to get there until around 11am. Realistically-speaking.....getting there at 11am, what are our chances of getting our son signed up for one of the shows? Will they ALL be full by that time? Does anyone know what time is the last Jedi show??

Let us know if he gets to do it!!:dance3:

I know the other poster is at WDW now, but I thought this might help out another family (or OP if he/she checks in). We were at rope drop for HS and DH and DS went to sign up for jedi training. They walked to the left side of the park, past 50's Prime Time and waited for the park to open, instead of going up the main way for fear of being trampled by the TSM crowds ;) (I went for fast passes for TOT) He said when they took the rope away, the CM's made everyone walk in an orderly fashion, and pretty much had to stay in a line (ie couldn't pass other families) and walked to Sound's Dangerous where the sign ups were held.

I got back to them by 9:10 and my son had made the last spot of the 10 am show (which is the second show- the first show was at 9:15 I believe). We needed to meet back at Sounds Dangerous at 9:35 and the line for sign ups was huge. I did not hear what showtime they were up to, however, but I have a feeling not everyone who was in the line was going to get a spot, considering my DS was at rope drop, went directly to the sign up spot and still was about 30th on the list (I believe there were 15 spots on the stage per show, give or take a few...I'll have to look at my photos and count the kids.

I do have to say I am glad we got an early time, because my son and all of the other participants were sweating like crazy :scared1: even though the robes were very light weight. I hope this helps someone:wizard:!

Until Robo comes along with one of his maps, here is one in the meantime:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/MGM.htm

I believe the sign-up takes place between #5 (Star Tours) and #3 (Sounds Dangerous). Maybe someone who has done this recently can come along and confirm this?

The Jedi Training takes place just to the left of #5.

DHS-ALL-Sat_031310.jpg

DHS-Ctr-031310.jpg

You are amazing.

I hope this helps someone:wizard:!

Very helpful, thank you for the detailed information! We're heading down next week and my boys definitely want to give this a try. Before reading your post, we were leaning toward the TSMM stand-by stampede!

kla- Glad to be of help. I was hoping I wrote everything clear enough for others to understand :)

I just looked at my photo pass pictures- there looks to be definitely no more than 15 spots- I actually could only see 14 kids but there were a couple of little kids I might have missed;). Also, I wanted to tell you all that the pictures the photo pass guy took were AMAZING :thumbsup2- most of the photo pass pics around the park this year came out barely passable in my opinion, but this photographer was great.

The photopass photographer gave us a slip with the time of our child's show on it. We took it to the photo shop at the front of the park to get the pictures put on our photopass card- if you are leaving the park, the shop is located on the left, last store before the stroller return- I can't remember the name offhand. We left at 2:30 and there wasn't anyone else there, but I'd imagine at the end of the day it would be pretty crowded. The shop clerk goes through the entire shoot with you and he only puts on the pictures with your child in them, as well as few group shots (in case people were nervous about having a stranger having an individual photo of their child). We ended up with 22 individual shots of our son and 2 group shots. I'll see if I can upload any directly from the photopass site- the photopass site is being a little touchy right now, as I am trying to add borders and such.

We will be at DHS on Nov. 26, 2011. The park opens at 8 am for Extra Magic Hours and we have a reservation at Hollywood and Vine for 8:05 am.

Will the JEDI Training Sign Up start at 8:00 with the Extra Magic Hours or will it start at 9:00 when the park opens for everyone?

If the Sign Up does start at 8:00 can I take my DS to sign up for the JEDI Training while my DH heads over to Hollywood and Vine for our breakfast reservation?

If they start the Sign Up at 9:00 when the park opens for everyone will my DS and I be OK if we leave breakfast about 8:45 (let DH pay the check) and get in line?

Any tips or suggestions. I would rather my DS be able to do JEDI Training and skip breakfast so if I need to cancel our reservations or move them to a later time I don't mind.

Thanks for your help.
Allison

We were there in mid August and Jedi signups started at 8:00 on early entry morning. I stopped to ask a manager type CM where sign ups were. I was expecting to be told they started at 9 instead she pointed me to Sounds Dangerous and told me to go there NOW. I don't know if they always take signups before "official" park opening but that day early entry was the way to go. :thumbsup2 We were there around 8:15 and my son was assigned the second show and I don't think we waited more than 10 minutes to sign up.

We were there in mid August and Jedi signups started at 8:00 on early entry morning. I stopped to ask a manager type CM where sign ups were. I was expecting to be told they started at 9 instead she pointed me to Sounds Dangerous and told me to go there NOW. I don't know if they always take signups before "official" park opening but that day early entry was the way to go. :thumbsup2 We were there around 8:15 and my son was assigned the second show and I don't think we waited more than 10 minutes to sign up.

Good to know. I was wondering the same thing. I have 2 boys that have been watching videos on youtube. They are dying to be jedi's.:goodvibes

I just looked at my photo pass pictures- there looks to be definitely no more than 15 spots- I actually could only see 14 kids but there were a couple of little kids I might have missed;). Also, I wanted to tell you all that the pictures the photo pass guy took were AMAZING :thumbsup2- most of the photo pass pics around the park this year came out barely passable in my opinion, but this photographer was great.

The photopass photographer gave us a slip with the time of our child's show on it. We took it to the photo shop at the front of the park to get the pictures put on our photopass card- if you are leaving the park, the shop is located on the left, last store before the stroller return- I can't remember the name offhand. We left at 2:30 and there wasn't anyone else there, but I'd imagine at the end of the day it would be pretty crowded. The shop clerk goes through the entire shoot with you and he only puts on the pictures with your child in them, as well as few group shots (in case people were nervous about having a stranger having an individual photo of their child). We ended up with 22 individual shots of our son and 2 group shots. I'll see if I can upload any directly from the photopass site- the photopass site is being a little touchy right now, as I am trying to add borders and such.

Thanks so much for explaining this. I was wondering how a photopass pictures would be added to your card for the show.

I'm so excited. We leave Sunday morning, and this is the thing that DS is most looking forward to. He's almost 5, and loves Star Wars, so thank you all for the great tips on getting him signed up and into a show.

My only concern is that when he sees Darth Vader, all his training will go out the window and he'll get a little too carried away. Needless to say we do a lot of "lightsaber" battling with foam swords at our house!

DS (8) just did his first Jedi Training Thurs 9/15. He had a blast!! We signed up around 10 am and got the 5:45 show.He was a little nervous at first being upon stage but warmed up quickly. Later he would not stop talking about it!!Really great time--a must do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter