January Scrapbook Challenge

Scrappinbear welcome to the board! I responded about ideas for Disney on the CB, but let me know if need more info.

Now for my update so far. I just counted and I've completed 38 pages so far in January. I'm so psyched. This is the most I've done in one month in a while. Some of my themes are as follows: Pool Party, Swimming Lessons, Mari Beth's BD, Biltmore House Grand Prix, Clemson Fan Day, Matthew's 1st BD, Emily's Eye Surgery, Halloween 2001, Thanksgiving 2001, Gymnastics, First Day of Preschool, WDW Trip - December 2001.

I'm still pretty far behind in my scrapping, but at this rate I think I CAN catch up!! Thanks for the motivation.

Lisa

well add 4 more to my list bringing me to a total of 16. sigh! not much but I am getting there.
Doing this Dis trip with the CM idea of keep it simple get it done!! Maybe that way I can complete it.

cindy

Cindy, I know what you mean. We went to WDW 4 times in 18 months. The first album is incredible, with lots of detail, paper piecings, etc. The second trip is pretty good too. However, I am now running out of ideas for the last two trips. I'm just wanting to get finished so I'm going for a much more simple look.

Lisa

I hope I don't get that problem Lisa ! We went in 2000 and it took me a long time to finish that album, but it was my very first one ! We are going again on Feb 8th and DH is already wanting to book for Oct. 02.... I am determined to take more pictures of my kids and less of the scenery... I took 18 rolls of file last time ! We'll see how it goes.... I have been scrapping a little over a year now so this album should come out really good !

Debbie

I know what you mean about all the rolls of film. I average 2 rolls per day. Our trip in the summer of 2001 was for 14 days - yikes the developing charges I had when we returned. AS for secenery pics, I always wish I had taken more. I am terrible about not taking any of the different ride signs or displays. Most of my pics are us with characters. We LOVE meeting them. I have page after page of us with various characters and the ideas are gone! Happy Scrappin' to all.

Lisa

I did 22 more pages bringing my Jan total to 36 so far. I'm working on several albums. I finally finished Disney 2000 pictures and have started 2001. I've started an album for my son and I have a wedding and vacation album going ~ oyyy, maybe I'll complete one of those projects one day :-)

My grand total for this month and the year 2002 is 4 pages. I didn't get started until this past week. I hope to complete a few more this week. The way I look at it, I at least was able to accomplish something.

Chessie

Here's my update on the SB challenge:

I went to my "big crop" yesterday and did 17 pages and two recipe books. I wish there was a way for you all to see the recipe books, and a way for me to explain them via the message board.--they are too cute. Made entirely from SB supplies. They are die-cut envelopes with "tags" you put the recipes on that pull out, with ribbon at the top. The front and back cover are attached together with cardstock that has an "accordian style" spine. Maybe I can take a picture of it and post it sometime. If you ever have the opportunity to take a class on making one, please do, it is really fun. The ones I made yesterday were for Valentine's gifts, so I used pinks and reds, and heart prints and I'm putting chocolate recipes inside. I didn't get as many layouts done as I would have liked as we were there for 12 hours!! But I did see some old friends, make some new ones, and saw a lot of new tools and techiniques. I might work on some stuff today...If I do I'll let ya know!

Happy Scrapping,
Candi

Don't worry, Chessie. I have only gotten a whopping 4 pages done also. And I had such high hopes...
sigh:rolleyes:

I've got 5 more pages done - so I'm up to 52 pages for Jan.

Now if I can only get motivated to do that darn Disney 2000 trip!!
Pam

Okay... I got 4 more pages done yesterday while sitting on the floor listening to DH scream for the Patriots !! This brings my January total to 19..... after 1 week of staring at my pages I got a new magazine in the mail and got lots of ideas !!!!

I also went to Joanne Fabrics... they are expanding their scrapbook section ! YEAH !!!!! Now I only have to travel 1 mile vs. 20 when I run out of something !!

Hey... has anyone used the eyelet tool for their pages at all?? I saw it in a magazine and had to have it.... I did a page last night... It looks really neat !

Happy Scrappin !!

Debbie :bounce:

Well folks, only one more day to scrap away before reporting our totals. I completed 6 more pages tonight and will work a little more tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing everyone's results.

Lisa

I've gotten very little done, but since we are having an ice storm I may pick my album up and do something tomorrow. I'm really proud of all of you that have accomplished so much this month. Way to go!

Well, today's the 30th and I don't think I'll get any done today so my "grand total" is 13 pages. Bring on the February challenge!!! :D
Congrats to whoever won!!

As I'm on my way to have oral surgery - YUCK! I don't think I'll be able to scrap anymore today (I've only done one page today, heehee) - here's my total for January, 2002..........

This is by far the best I've ever done in a month. I think it's the new year resolution thing (you know how you always do well at first - :rolleyes: )

I can hardly wait to check back and see how everyone did. Congrats to all!!

Lisa

Ok... My total is 21 for the month... I may get another one done tonight with this storm going on.... but the little ones are sick so who knows !!!!

CONGRATS TO THE WINNER !!!!!

Debbie

OK, it's now February - are we doing a challenge?!?! Last month was fun and it helped motivate me that I was reporting my totals.....anyone???

Lisa

Was 58 the winning number this past month? Did anyone do more than that? Let's see who was this month's winner - although we were all winners in my book!

I sure wasn't a contender. Decided that my total was 10 and I didn't even journal those! I did get a whole stack of "kits" ready with pictures and paper and die cuts, etc. I'll be ready to start on them this month. In fact my scrappin' buddy said we might get together one day this week. I'm up for a February Challenge. Maybe I can beat this month's impressive total of 10?

I'm reporting my Jan total. (with an embarrassed look on my face) 22.
Since I'm a new scrapper, I guess that's OK, but FAR from the winning scrapper :)
Congrads.
Now To get reporting on Feb.
Gerri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter