January Scrapbook Challenge

Way to go ladies. Keep up the good work. I'm still hesitating to get started. Pages are planned, but not put together.

I have by passed the "Challenge" threads in the past because I'm just starting and i'm not creative. BUT, after completing a 29 page Memory book for my adopted daughter and her three siblings for Christmas, I felt that I could now join in. Now that I've read that you only have to complete a page, not make them elaborate, I'm game!!

Already have six pages completed. I jump aroung though from one child/event to another. From one size 12"X12" and 11"X . I just went out today to Michael's to get some more supplies. They were scheduled to have a demo for Christmas holiday pages, but the girl was on vacation :(

Gerri

Although the weather outside is frightful,
I have 18 scrapbook pages done, which is delightful.....

A combination of Scout, Cheerleading, and my DD's glamour shots.

Now I have to get that Christmas tree down....
Pam

I did an additional 6 on my wedding album bringing me up to 14 total for Jan so far. Even if I don't win, this sure does motivate me :-). I'm having a Creative Memories party next week so I probably won't work on my books again until then. I'm almost out of sticky stuff but I'm afraid to go to the local scrapbook store because I always find more stuff to buy ~ oyyy.:pinkbounc

Well I keep saying that I am going to participate in the challenge. Every night I say "I'm scrapbooking all day tomorrow" and that must jinx things b/c I have yet to have the time to touch a page. I just got the Christmas tree down and put away yesterday. Thinking I would have this week FREE to scrap...Think again, I am now in charge of this month's Teachers Appreciation Luncheon, and drawing and decorating the backdrop for DD's school music program. Sooooo, scrapping will have to go on hold yet another week. I do have an all-day crop on the 26th from 10am-10pm and I am so excited. Maybe I will get some work done then!

The rest of you keep up the good work!!
Candi

I'm with you Candi. I can't seem to get a minute to start on my pages. My friend Jacque says we'll get together later this week. We'll see if it happens. :)

Well, ladies, I am in need of serious motivation. Not even a challenge is getting me into it! Last night I counted how many pages I did last year and I was amazed to find out it was 155. My goal is to hit 200 this year. Now if only I could get going!! Part of my problem is that I do not have a scrapping area so I have to pull stuff out every time I want to scrap. On top of it, I'm not good at organizing my stuff. For some reason, I managed to get my personal stuff mixed up with my CM business stuff and then I have to organize before I can scrap. So, while doing my year end inventory I separated everything and I'm planning on stealing a corner of my husband's office for scrapping space. I'm hoping to get my stuff organized this week so I can get scrapping next week. This weekend we're off to Albuquerque for a wedding and then I'll have more photos to scrap!! Hopefully at the end of the month I'll be able to report I actually scrapped. Crossing my fingers and praying for scrap time!!
Lisa

Lisa, I have the same problem (no scrap space). I took a stack of 12 x 12 pieces of cardboard ( I saved the ones from CM pkgs of page protectors, etc) and got a cardboard box they would fit in. Now I plan my pages in advance. I gather photos, papers, ideas, die cuts, stickers, etc for a layout and layer them on a sheet of cardboard. Then, I put another cardboard on top and repeat the process. When I have done a small stack, I reverse the order by placing the top one in the box first.

When I am ready to scrap, I don't need to make nearly as big a mess. That makes it easier to talk myself into doing just one page. Most of the supplies I need to make a page are gathered together. I just take the top set out of the box and put it together. At the end of the stack, I always put away the leftovers before I plan my next box of "pages".

Now, having said that, it's time for me to put together another stack and I've been putting it off for days. That is the part that is time consuming, but it is worth it if you don't have space. By the way, this works great for me when it comes to crops as well. I find if I have in mind what I am going to do and have the supplies ready, I can move mountains!

I'm making progress, but don't have any pages to report on just yet :D !! I did spend almost 2 hours last night "organizing" my supplies for this weekend's all-night crop!! More later.

Lisa

Can I join? I'm new to this board (usually hang out on the Resort, Budget, Inspiration and Family boards) I've been scrapping my heart out the past week trying to get ready for my next WDW trip ( in 19 days! ) My rule is that I have to be at least 3/4 done with one trip before I go on the next ROFLOL!! I never make it, but I sure get alot of pages done in those few weeks before each trip!

Since the first I have done quite a few pages. I should go back and count them. I'm going to see if a friend of mine will let me borrow her scanner and let me post them at 2Peasinabucket. Where do other people post their layouts?

:earsgirl:

Welcome to the challenge, catwho. I don't post mine yet, but I plan to after I get my scanner fixed.

With the boards being down, I really went to work on my scrapbooks. I have 47 pages done so far for January.

More Snow Ball dance, sled riding, and my son's Klondike Derby. I created some elaborate pages with Paperkins and the sled race, paper tearing to make snowy hills, etc.

Pam

Well, I'm way behind in this challange; but my page count is up compared to last year. I set a goal of 2 pages a week. And I now have 5 pages done for this year so far. My goal is to finish the Magic Kingdom section of my Disney scrapbook in the month of January, then move on to the other parks. Baby steps...... it will get done :)

I've also moved my pics again. This time to Epson PhotoCenter. If you liked Photopoint, you will like Epson. Looks EXACTLY the same.
http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumList?u=4002141

With no DIS, I made some scrapbook progress. I haven't counted pages, but it really doesn't matter since I posted the challenge. DH had to go to the hospital for a sleep study night before last, so I used the evening to scrap a little. I'll count them before the end of the month, I guess.

Anyone else get a second wind? :)

I finally accomplished some pages so I can join in the challenge.....I worked all day on my Disney May 2000 trip and finished 14 pages today....woooo whooo!! I am so excited. It is very late here so I am off to bed so that I can do some more tomorrow.

Thanks to all of you who made me get a move on....if I can finish the May trip I finally work on the August one...lol

cindy

Well I had my Creative Memories party on Friday I had a HUGE turnout and two classes booked but only $500 in sales so I was only able to get two albums, which is good, but I don't like the fact that you only get credit for bookings after $1000 in sales. That's a bummer. I would have had 4 bookings BUT, I told 2 of my friends to book off one of the other parties since I wouldn't get credit anyway.

I did get an album finished, finally ~ WOHOOOO. So far this month I've done 18 pages. Not the most, but I'm happy. I'm thinking about working on Disney pictures tonight :-)

I have quit a few page ideas together and I was planning on getting much of them done at an all day crop this past Saturday, but we had a big snowstorm and I wasn't able to go. I have 10 days left, I better get myself in gear.

Chessie

Okay.. I guess I should have read more first.... So now I need to think here... I have been scrapbooking for a little over 1 year now so I have lots of past years to work on..... It keeps me busy though ! I just do what ever inspires me and put them in albums later.... so now let me count for January..... I think I am at 15.... going by which pages I have Christmas Punchies and new diecuts on... all that I got for Christmas !!

WOW I guess I am addicted.... that is almost 1 pages every day !!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter