January/February 2018 discounts, who else is in?

I hope it's not a few weeks... wasn't it 9/24 last year?
It was announced September 28th last year for Disney Visa card holders. I booked immediately at 7 am. Hoping it is announced soon. We are planning a trip for mid January. Usually by now there is a lot of chatter about it being released. Seems very quiet but let's hope!

When is it usually released? And off topic but does anyone know how the weather usually is in the end of January. First time going in january, I'm usually a September girl.

When is it usually released? And off topic but does anyone know how the weather usually is in the end of January. First time going in january, I'm usually a September girl.

Sounds like we'll be there around the same time. From what I've read (and it can change GREATLY in January), average high temps are around 71o and lows around 47o.

The new deal is normally released in late September or early October so the watch is on. :)

Some years it has been beginning of October so I was going with that and hoping to be pleasantly surprised. Lol! However, a friend of mine called today and the CM said the packages "should come out before the end of the month". She couldn't/wouldn't say what they were though. Hoping sooner now! Do you you know what day of the week they usually come out? I remember hearing there was usually a certain day, but I don't remember which one.

I hope it's not a few weeks... wasn't it 9/24 last year?

Historically for Jan/Feb discounts....

2017 Discounts:
Disney Visa Cardholders - Wed, Sep 28, 2016 for Room Only and Stay, Play and Dine
General Public - Fri, Sep 30, 2016 for Room Only and Stay, Play and Dine

2016 Discounts:
Disney Visa Cardholders - Thurs, Sep 24, 2015 for Room Only and Stay, Play and Dine
General Public - Mon, Sep 28, 2015 for Room Only and Stay, Play and Dine

2015 Discounts:
Disney Visa Cardholders - Mon, Oct 6, 2014 for Room Only and Stay, Play and Dine
General Public - Mon, Oct 9, 2014 for Room Only and Stay, Play and Dine

LOL - Basically we can see that there isn't a trend except that we will hopefully see something released in the next 3 weeks! :)

Personally, I'm guessing the release may be delayed a bit to give the call center staff a bit of a breather between Irma and new discount bookings. Today is the first day that the General Public are welcome to call and arrange new trips. Until last night there was a message at the beginning of the call queue asking that unless people were arriving within the next week that they wait and call back September 18th or later. The call center is going to begin fielding calls today for those who did as were asked and waited to call today. I can't see them offering a new discount in the next week or so. Those poor people need a bit of a breather before the next onslaught of reservation calls hit the phone lines.

That being said, I would love to be proven wrong. I chose to give up a Free Dining package as we were scheduled to fly in the day before Irma's arrival and rebooked a new package for January paying full rack rate for room and lost our Free Dining. Hoping for a new discount to help offset the additional costs of our new booking.

Can I join the wait? Just booked yesterday for POR - Royal river view. They aren't usually part of the discounts, but would be happy to get free dining :) This is the trip of firsts for The Queen and Princess Trip 2/3 - 2/9. First for resort, first for February, and hoping for first time free dining. Keep fingers crossed!

Following! I don't think they will postpone to give staff a breather. If anything, they need to quickly recoup lost revenue (closure for several days was a big hit and they'll need their numbers up before the end of the quarter) so I suspect they'll go right on cue as expected at the end of September (looking at the history.) Anyone working calls wanting more hours is going to be really pleased, is my guess. We'll have something in the next two weeks, I'm sure.

Can I join the wait? Just booked yesterday for POR - Royal river view. They aren't usually part of the discounts, but would be happy to get free dining :) This is the trip of firsts for The Queen and Princess Trip 2/3 - 2/9. First for resort, first for February, and hoping for first time free dining. Keep fingers crossed!

I'm hoping we see something along the lines of some sort of a dining discount, I wouldn't hold my breath for Free Dining. Historically Free Dining is only offered on select dates from Aug - Dec and those dates seem to be ever decreasing.

I can't remember a time when Free Dining was offered in the spring but possibly someone else does?

Following! I don't think they will postpone to give staff a breather. If anything, they need to quickly recoup lost revenue (closure for several days was a big hit and they'll need their numbers up before the end of the quarter) so I suspect they'll go right on cue as expected at the end of Jan (looking at the history.) Anyone working calls wanting more hours is going to be really pleased, is my guess. We'll have something in the next two weeks, I'm sure.

I like your spin on it much better than mine! Bring on the discounts! :)

Agreed! I'm ready to plan! I have our package already booked at rack but I'm ready to see if we'll be doing something like Stay/Play/Dine or just a room-only discount. VP

I'm the same as you has I have a package booked at rack rate and paying full price for the DDP.

I chose to cancel due to Irma and it's currently costing me about $350 more for 1 less night and no water parks. Hoping for a discount to at least bring the cost down. Okay with losing the water parks in January. :)

Following... We are looking to book end of January-early Feb. We had our first trip last May and left saying next we want to go when the weather is cooler! We don't mind chilly weather!

I'm on hold right now calling to see if it came out which I don't know yet, did anyone get through ?? I called right at seven and I really can't stay on the phone that long

I chose to give up a Free Dining package as we were scheduled to fly in the day before Irma's arrival and rebooked a new package for January paying full rack rate for room and lost our Free Dining. Hoping for a new discount to help offset the additional costs of our new booking.

This is my story too! I am really hoping for the Play Stay & Dine because the loss of free dining adds a lot of expense for 4 adults. I will still have to pay more to go in January, but I won't have to worry about a hurricane!

I was told it's not out today ... Took me about 28 minutes to get through and I was told it's because of the hurricane

January used to be our time to go, we went every end of January, usually arriving the week before the Super Bowl.

Evenings would go down into the 40s or 50s at the extreme, Daytime would be anywhere from low 70s to 80's. We always packed shorts and long pants and brought layers of clothing. Also you must bring scarves, gloves and hats. Be prepared for it to be very chilly and you won't regret it. Parks empty out when it's cold, people somehow thing it's Florida - it's hot. I've seen people really suffering in shorts and t-shirts when it's around 55 degrees. That's cold!

We've stopped going because of school, and also because we drive and there's been some bad snow during that time.

Following Booked 25 Feb to 3 March at AKL (Birthday week for DD and me, First time going off-peak, and first time at AKL). Hoping for any discount. Currently have rack rate at AKL, with DDP and Hopper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter