January/February 2018 discounts, who else is in?

My husband and I have our fingers crossed for this too - we're already set on AKL for late Jan/early Feb, and a nice chunky discount would be such a bonus!

Too unpredictably cold. Spent a whole week the highs in the low seventies but low sixties fifties at night or lower. Nope for us unless deal is sweeter.

Very unpredictable weather. But for us this past February, it was awesome.

Meeee! I'm going to put a R/O deposit down for the POP this weekend! I'd be happy with even 10% discount with the current exchange rate!

Edit to add: If I make my reservation now, do I lock in at the current rates with only a deposit?

I most certainly am! If there any AP rates available, when do they typically come out? I am new to the whole AP thing :)

My sisters and I are planning on going the first two weeks of Feb to Port Orleans (either one) and are hoping for the Play Stay Dine promo. They had it this year and 2016 too so with luck it will be back for 2018. I heard its a discount on the whole package, which would be amazing since we are from Argentina and the Dining Plan would help us save a lot.

Meeee! I'm going to put a R/O deposit down for the POP this weekend! I'd be happy with even 10% discount with the current exchange rate!

Edit to add: If I make my reservation now, do I lock in at the current rates with only a deposit?

I was told that you can make the reservation with the deposit, and when the promo comes out you ask your agent to apply it to your reservation, That way it will adjust the price.

Me too! We're hoping to go Jan 31-Feb 13 which will be a first- we've only ever gone Nov/Dec. The weather may be unpredictable but it's better than the cold we normally have at that time of year -25C.

Last edited:
Us too! We're going later February so we're not holding out much hope for a discount but I'll be on the lookout anyway :)

I will be there late Jan into Feb. A word of warning to anyone going at the same time. Whenever I am at Disney, they have record breaking cold weather. We wore our winter coats and gloves in the parks the last 2 years.

I will be there late Jan into Feb. A word of warning to anyone going at the same time. Whenever I am at Disney, they have record breaking cold weather. We wore our winter coats and gloves in the parks the last 2 years.

I really hope you break the spell this time...

I really hope you break the spell this time...

Me too!! Though it is still better than the sub freezing weather we have at home. I would just like to be able to gloat about being in a sundress to my family and coworkers one of these years though!

It was beyond awesome during that time this past February.

I was told that you can make the reservation with the deposit, and when the promo comes out you ask your agent to apply it to your reservation, That way it will adjust the price.
That is correct. If you make the reservation without an agent you can do it online (I think there's like a 5 day in advance limit on that, but don't quote me on it). Otherwise the agent is the only one who can modify the reservation.

Question; we are going in January after our cruise on DCL. So far we have splurged on everything else so figured why not this part too. So we're doing AKL. I want to book as soon as Jan opens to get my room. If it goes on sale thou can I go online and get the lower rate OR if it's the Play/Dine then add a package and still keep my room? I'm confused. Someone mentioned a similar question but sounded like online was different so maybe I should use an agent? Thanks!!!

If they have your room available for the offer or discount you can keep it. If not, you can choose to leave your reservation alone or change your room type to get the discount. I would call them once the discount is released and discuss options. Last year I booked a room at POR before the discounts and then I called but they had no standard rooms available for the discount so I upgraded to a princess room and still save a little money.

I am planning on 2/1-2/9. Split stay AKL and Boardwalk. Would love to get a good discount.

We are planning on January 31 through February 7. Initial plans are for POFQ, but if discounts come out, we will try for Wilderness Lodge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter