January Exercise Challenge - First Things First!

DH did a 30 min run last night! I'm so proud of him! I did a measly 5 min of arms. Oh well.

1005/1500

I still have a run planned for tonight or tomorrow, so we're still going! :)

I'm a bit tubby, so i'm going to take my friends son who has lots of flubber for a run. I can't wait to see him fit!

1/28 17 minutes running
1/29 30 minutes running

708/1000

not gonna quite make my goal this month but I do have an 8 mile run tomorrow. that will get me quite a ways there.

Changed it up and ride the bike for 30 min. At 522/700. I think I am going to dance class tonight for 50 minutes which put me at 572!

60 mins strength tonight brings me to

1115/1200

Probably won't get the chance to workout tomorrow but I am proud of myself for making it to 90% :banana:

Yesterday was one of those days that even though I only got in 20 minutes, it was a feat to get in those 20 minutes, you know what I mean?

20 minutes

686/800

Is it the last day of January already?!?

Monday:
30 min C25K
60 min karate

Tuesday it started snowing and everything closed down. We did get out and walk/play for awhile:

45 min walk

Wednesday we woke up to 8 inches of snow! (We live in the South so this is RARE.) Of course everything is closed. To stave off cabin fever, we went outside three times to run/hike/walk/play.

90 min snow time

Thursday, everything is closed and it's still too icy to drive (our neighborhood isn't plowed or salted.) Walk/hike to grocery store.

30 min walk

Today, nothing yet. Just barely made it out to work. DH wants to try running later--LOL. We don't have snow appropriate running shoes or traction aids, and everything is still under either 6 inches of snow or two inches of ice!

So unless we get out again today, my total for the month is 1915/2400. By my calculations that's less than 80% of my goal. *sigh* I purposely set my goal high, but I didn't expect to miss it by so much.

60 min at the gym last night. 45 min run this morning (the ice is finally melting)
I'm going to try to work in the last 30 min with weights tonight. So close.
thanks for hosting. :)
1571/1600

2099/2200

Good with it, cause I decided a week or so ago that as long as I hit 2014, I would be happy. :)

Thanks for hosting!

Gotta admit, I'm a bit disappointed in myself that I came so short of my modest goal.

27 minutes

713/800

This week I was a bit crazed so my workouts were less frequent than I had planned. I did 240 minutes this week.

Final Update!!

Jan 2014 is in the books! Great job to everyone for helping to motivate each other and for working so hard for your health. :goodvibes What an inspiration y'all are for me - with your marathons, your dance lessons, your martial arts workouts - totally awesome!

As a group, it was a tough month. Between the weather and sickness and injuries, some of us struggled. (like ME!) We had a total goal of 45400 minutes, and we completed 23511, getting us to 52%. We also had some folks who initially wanted to join, but didn't/couldn't report back, so I encourage everyone to join again, with YOUR goal - big or small - and send in your minutes. Use the efforts of everyone here to motivate you and maybe push you just a little bit when you need a nudge.

See y'all in February :thumbsup2

I failed miserably this month but will try again in feb-sorry for letting the side down and well done to those of you who made it :goodvibes

I failed miserably this month but will try again in feb-sorry for letting the side down and well done to those of you who made it :goodvibes

Me too. I decided to commit and then got sick again. :-(

Today is a new day and feb will be better then Jan!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter