January 23, 2005 4 Day Thread...

The Docs Are In!! :rockband:

Room assignment is 6089 with Second dinner seating. No upgrade, but that is fine for our first cruise.

Our party is just myself and my new bride, Laurie.

We will be staying at the Quality Inn at Cocoa beach the night before, so we can get to the ship early. Flying in on the 21st, and we'll be visiting my parents in Tampa that evening.

Picked up my docs today too. Cool little boxes I would have to say - very Disney! We did not receive an upgrade either - oh well. We fly in the 21st too, out of Buffalo and are spending 2 nights at the Radisson.

There is myself, DH and our 4 wonderful (most of the time!) DD's.

it was VERY windy, and slightly chilly on our castaway day... I would say it never got about 75, and was overcast. A HUGE cold front had just moved through Florida, so it had brought the temp down. I still got some sun though, and it was nice spending the day on the beach, and not being so hot. I read an entire book the day at Castaway.... didn't get in the water though.

Weather has been great the past few weeks down here, so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I keep looking at my docs every day, I can't wait. I have a long week ahead of me, 7 days straight of work before my vacation! For those going to the parks before or after.. great time to come. It has been empty the past two weeks.

Anyone planning excursions?? We are probably both staying on the ship that day. We have both been to Nassau several times, so we might take advantage of the spa that day, and the rainforest room.. maybe a facial or massage. I still might have to convince him to get off so I can shop a little!

Has anyone heard if they are really doing Pirate night on the Wonder?? One thread mentioned 1/16 being the date they might start it. Pirate night was a blast on the Magic. I sure hope the bring it on the Wonder, although I am not sure how they would fit it into the dining roation, unless they did it the last night.

Ah well, it's late and I gotta work tomorrow.. boo :)

I'm still waiting for my docs. DHL was supposed to deliver them yeterday, but nothing yet. I'm so excited! Can't wait!

Does anyone know what is the earliest time you can board the ship?

Thanks, Jeanette

We have the Dolphin Encounter booked and the parasailing at CC. You girls are looking so forward to this trip. They saw the Disney boat while we were in St. Maarten last year and thought that would be a cool way to travel.

I have all of my docs filled out and put back in the little box, so now if next Friday would just hurry and come we would be almost landing in Orlando!

I guess we will be by you, greysworld. We have stateroom 6081. We are also staying at the Quality Suites on the 22nd.

We have booked the stingray swim at Nassau, 4 adults and 4 kids. My parents decided to do the Atlantis tour.

lilsoccerchik - the stingray swim was my choice but I got out voted 5-1. So it is Dolphin Encounter. You will have to let me know how you liked it.

I'll be glad to let you know about the stingray swim. We were a little nervous about it since it doesn't have a review in the Passporter, but we decided to go for it.
In case you are wondering, I used to use the name lilsoccerchik, which was my teen daughter's, but I finally got my own!

Tomorrow is the one week mark!!! Exciting... I can't believe I will be on another cruise already. It's so addicting, I am lucky to not only live in Florida, but am a CM, so I can take advantage of the cruise a lot more then if I lived somewhere else.

I don't think we will be doing any excursions, but you all are making me jealous talking of them. But me and my friend aren't really beach people, and he's not too interested in Nassau, so we will probably be staying on the ship. Let me know how the stingray excursion goes. I am curious, but I am also a big whimp, so not sure if I could work up the courage to go.

Anyone have room assignments?? seems like most of us were sailing GTY. I had booked a cat 9 GTY, via the FL rates, but when we got our documents we were assigned a cat 6, 6650!! that was exciting. Then we were told there might be a Cat 5 available, so we might end up with that... I was on deck 7 during my 7 day, and it was really nice only have a few flights of stairs to get to the beverage station. I can't get on the DCL site to check though.. oh well, I got the upgrade either way. I am going to be so spoiled...

Well, trying to keep this thread active. This is a tiny DIS group... can't believe we are the only one's on this sailing! I heard the ship is fairly full though. Anyway, can't wait!

I guess I'm late posting this...but we'll be on the 1/23/05 also, and very excited! This is everyone's first cruise! Me, wife, sons 12 and 1.
We took my son to WDW for the first time in August, he had a great time, but he didn't really know who any of the characters were. Now he knows E-E (Mickey) and Quack (Donald) So, I can't wait for him to see them!

Also looking forward to possibly playing some Disney trivia against some other knowldgeable players, as I always beat family and friends hands down at all our Disney trivia board games!

We got an up grade from a 12 to a 9...no big whoop I guess, but it was kind of exciting.

We are driving down from PA Friday overnight (only way to do it!), Spending the day at WDW Saturday (Maybe MK...but possible just Downtown) Staying at a cheepie on 192 and driving over first thing Sun. Morning...ready to eat!!!

Good Times!

welcome!

I am so ready for this cruise! Anyone coming to FL a few days early, be sure to pack your jacket... cold front moved thru!

Is it Sunday yet??????

I'm up here in (UF) Gator country in North Florida freezing my Mickey Ears off, but loving it! It was so warm the last couple of weeks you didn't realize it was winter. It's 31 degrees right now, but feels like 25 and it's about 5:30 a.m.

I'm so excited about our trip! Anyone started packing yet? I have to start soon since I'm taking our 18month old and have a lot of stuff to pack. We didn't book any excursions since I think we are just going to take it easy and have a restful (as restful as possible with our 18 month old) :jumping4: vacation. I think the only thing we have planned is to taxi or water taxi to Atlantis on our day in Nassau. My DH loves that hotel and all the fish.

Jeanette :boat:

Jeannette... Go Gators!! I graduated in '01, I live down in Orlando now..And you are right it is freezing!!!

No I haven't started packing yet... I am a procrastinator when it comes to that. I will start Thursday though. First I have to tackle the laundry :(

Just started doing the laundry so today is the day to start packing. I had better get on that as we do leave on Thursday!! I was looking at the 10 day forecast and they are calling for showers on Sunday :guilty: :guilty:

It had better not rain on our sail away party! There could be some pretty grumpy dis'ers on board if that happens!

We are going to be in Florida on Fri, Sat then cruising Sun - Thurs and then staying until Fri. afternoon. With this cooler weather should I bother to pack more than a couple pair of shorts for my girls? There are 6 of us so luggage is always a HUGE issue when we travel - I always take way too much, but I would hate to run out. I guess I could always do a load at the Radisson on Saturday night and everything would be clean for the cruise. Any thoughts?

My kids are getting harder and harder to put to bed at night - they know it is only 2 more sleeps until we are out of here!

There are two Gators aboard?! :badpc: Dad gummit, and I was trying to keep quiet too, but since you guys brought it up I only have two words to say:

F-L-O-R-I-D-A S-T-A-T-E Florida State, Florida State, Florida State

:thewave: :thewave:

LOL! Sorry, had to get that out of my system :blush:

We need to pack as well, and we aget to arrive in sunny Florida this Friday after an early early flight.

Packing will be fairly easy, though since we have begun to collect the needed items.

Hope everyone has a good day, especially the Gators! :flower3:

Man, it's been chilly down here in Florida the past two days... but it should warm up a little as the week progresses. I saw that there might be showers on Sunday.. lets keep our fingers crossed that the stay away! Think good Mickey thoughts.

Still haven't attempted the wash. Yikes... it's not gonna be pretty once I do.

I got my room assignment changed. Was assigned to 6650, which is a CAT 6 with a solid verandah, but then I was offered a CAT 5, 7130 (also, solid steel verandah) so we took it, since it's a little closer to the food, and the spa. That way we don't ever have to wait for a elevator to get ice cream!

Two more work days left... thank goodness. Anyone going to the parks before hand?

We're going to the parks when we return. I think we'll be doing Epcot on Friday and Saturday we're going to try Cypress Gardens since we already have tickets to Wild Adventures in Valdosta, GA.

Shelly, do you go to the parks often since you're so close? We lived in Orlando for a year while my husband was doing his internship and loved it. We lived in Hunter's Creek and were just a short drive from the parks. We would take off when my hubby would come home from work and spent lots of time and money at the parks that year. I miss that a lot, but at least we still go often. It takes me about 2 1/2 hours to get down there from up here.

Congrats on the great room. We booked a Cat 12 and were bumped up to a 9 on deck 2 near the front elevators. Hope the room is not too noisy. Anyone have experience with a noisy room on deck 2? Can't wait!

Jeanette

I actually work at Disney, at the Studios to be exact... so I do get to go to the parks regularly. I really enjoy Epcot and Animal Kingdom. I am not really into rides, so I enjoy all the shows, shopping, etc. at those two parks.

We did luck out with our room. We booked Cat 9 GTY, got the upgrade... and then was offered the CAT 5. Really not much different in the room were were assigned, but I was on deck 7 on my last cruise, and really enjoyed being a little closer to deck 9.

Well, tomorrow is my last day at work before vacation !!!!

Then it's time to start packing :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter