***January 2022 Thread*** - Kicking Off 2022 with WDW!

The cast member I spoke to mentioned no rooms available for that time I was looking at. I'm bummed, but we'll have fun nonetheless!
I suggest checking online for the extra single night, at rack rate. For instance, I am seeing non-discounted (rack rate) rooms at Values, such as 2 of the 3 All Stars, Pop, etc., as well as Moderate & Deluxe for very end of March, though there were no discounted rates. If staying at a Value, the discount does not amount to much for just one night, anyway. I wonder if the CM you spoke with was trying to extend your current booking, at the same rate, instead of also checking for a single night at your resort, at any rate.

Hope you can find something, so you can fully enjoy your last day there.

Last edited:
Just wanted to put this out there once more before I drop it -

I have a Space 220 Lounge reservation for 2 people - 2/2 at 3:10pm that I do not need.

If anyone is interested PM me and I'll coordinate a drop with you! Just lmk!

Dropping a 1/19 9:30 am Topolino’s for 4 (was able to get the later time I needed!).

PM if you’re in need and we can coordinate a drop time.

Side note I’ve been working the dining alerts and have had them all come in for me in the last week or so. Don’t give up hope for those must haves!

Who is everyone using for grocery delivery?
Both Garden Grocery and Instacart inflate product prices so I'm going to try Amazon Fresh.

Both Garden Grocery and Instacart inflate product prices so I'm going to try Amazon Fresh.
I haven’t decided yet though I usually Instacart Target. I’ve already started getting my cart ready though and sadly lots of the stuff I need is out of stock. Probably because of recent crowd levels so hope it all comes back in stock before I go. If it doesn’t maybe I’ll try Amazon fresh as it seems to have more of what I need.

For those who usually visit in January, what time does it start getting cold? ish? For example, forecast looks like mostly 70’s for a high and 50’s for a low. would a midday pool test be in the cards? what would you say the hottest times are? up here in the northeast it would be from 11-2ish.

For those who usually visit in January, what time does it start getting cold? ish? For example, forecast looks like mostly 70’s for a high and 50’s for a low. would a midday pool test be in the cards? what would you say the hottest times are? up here in the northeast it would be from 11-2ish.
As soon as the sun starts to set, so do the temperatures. It’s amazing how fast they can change when the sun goes down.

We are using either Amazon Fresh or Whole Foods through Amazon. I need to finalize and put in our order tonight so it's there tomorrow! I've used both of those before in other places and been happy, so I'm sticking with what I know.

PLEASE READ:

Just a quick note that there is a thread on the Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations board dedicated specifically to dining reservations that people are cancelling.

Please use that thread to list reservations you will be cancelling. January 2022! CANCELLED ADR Thread - Guidelines in first post

https://www.disboards.com/threads/j...-adr-thread-guidelines-in-first-post.3858859/
Please note: Requests are not permitted to be listed there or here.

Thank you.

I know it’s still warmer than home and that there is plenty of time for it to improve, but watching the Orlando temps continue to slide down for next week is painful. What had looked like highs in the low to mid 70s is now looking like mid-60s.

I know it’s still warmer than home and that there is plenty of time for it to improve, but watching the Orlando temps continue to slide down for next week is painful. What had looked like highs in the low to mid 70s is now looking like mid-60s.

yikes!! well we will just have to pack layers, hats and gloves!! still going to be amazing!!
my weekend is looking like 80’s so i hope it doesn’t slide back

I'm going with Amazon. No minimum $ really and I just want a few things for the morning. If you get over a certain $ they don't charge a $5 fee, but I'd rather pay the $5 than order more than I need with someone else.

Last time I was down it was in the 40s with 30s overnight. 60s and 70s will still feel better than home without bordering into surface of the sun temps in the summer lol!

I have orders ready for both Amazon Fresh and Publix through Instacart. I will decide which to go with on arrival day! 16 days to go.....

This is pretty typical for this week of the year, I've learned. I may have been moaning to my husband about how it's not warm enough for me.... However, nothing beats 2020 when we were waiting at HS in the days of "get into the park to join the virtual boarding group for Rise" and finding out it was warmer here in Michigan than it was in Disney (it was below freezing at 6am).

It doesn't mean I still don't want WARM temperatures. Like, we went to Disneyland in mid-November and happily complained about it being in the mid-80s. :)

I have orders ready for both Amazon Fresh and Publix through Instacart. I will decide which to go with on arrival day! 16 days to go.....

I keep looking at Amazon Fresh and they keep being out of stock of the items we need the most (our daily caffeine). I'd initially planned to go to a grocery store but, turns out, we're not comfortable doing that right now. I wonder if Instacart is a better option for us, at this point, for the peace of mind. We fly out Saturday, I guess I need to figure this out ASAP.

My husband and I just became DVC (resale) and received our points last week so we added on a little overnighter next Tuesday at the Poly! It's my first time staying there and I am beyond excited. And we'll pop into MK twice; it will be his first time!! We are just driving up from Miami, so we hope we aren't shocked by the cooler temps ;) I am so glad he and I get to go for our teensy "Welcome Home!" trip before I visit the world with my brother the following week.

This is pretty typical for this week of the year, I've learned. I may have been moaning to my husband about how it's not warm enough for me.... However, nothing beats 2020 when we were waiting at HS in the days of "get into the park to join the virtual boarding group for Rise" and finding out it was warmer here in Michigan than it was in Disney (it was below freezing at 6am).

It doesn't mean I still don't want WARM temperatures. Like, we went to Disneyland in mid-November and happily complained about it being in the mid-80s. :)

I hear you!!

Our first trip in January of 2016, I packed like such a fool! We’re from the north east, so I totally know what winter is, but when I saw temps in the 60s, I packed a hoodie thinking I’d be good. We froze! Once the sun went down, it went from a bit chilly to flat out freezing!! And since the sun sets at like 5 in January, there were a lot of very cold hours! Haha

I’ve learned from my mistake and now pack winter hats and gloves and coats next to bathing suits.

I was hoping that I might not need so much cold weather gear this trip, but better safe than sorry.

I hear you!!

Our first trip in January of 2016, I packed like such a fool! We’re from the north east, so I totally know what winter is, but when I saw temps in the 60s, I packed a hoodie thinking I’d be good. We froze! Once the sun went down, it went from a bit chilly to flat out freezing!! And since the sun sets at like 5 in January, there were a lot of very cold hours! Haha

I’ve learned from my mistake and now pack winter hats and gloves and coats next to bathing suits.

I was hoping that I might not need so much cold weather gear this trip, but better safe than sorry.

And now.... showers all day Sunday. It IS only Tuesday. Things WILL change but, bleh. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter