***January 2022 Thread*** - Kicking Off 2022 with WDW!

For me historically my assumptions/worries about an upcoming trip don't come to fruition once we get there. How many plans/spreadsheets I have made that are useless, even ADRs, as the reality of being there is substantially different than the thought of being there for various reasons. My advice is not to worry. Have a basic idea what you want to accomplish and react accordingly when you arrive. Some things (Genie +, ADRs, etc) force you to have a basic plan but prepare for your trip to be different than what was in your head months or week before getting there.
A Disney trip can be full of audibles and it is part of why I like being there so much.

For me historically my assumptions/worries about an upcoming trip don't come to fruition once we get there. How many plans/spreadsheets I have made that are useless, even ADRs, as the reality of being there is substantially different than the thought of being there for various reasons. My advice is not to worry. Have a basic idea what you want to accomplish and react accordingly when you arrive. Some things (Genie +, ADRs, etc) force you to have a basic plan but prepare for your trip to be different than what was in your head months or week before getting there.
A Disney trip can be full of audibles and it is part of why I like being there so much.
I'm much like you once there but the concerns this time are all about physically getting to Disney and not about what will happen once there.

I'm much like you once there but the concerns this time are all about physically getting to Disney and not about what will happen once there.
Understood. Definitely something I have never needed to take into consideration even though I was nervous before my August trip due to the Spirit Airlines issues during that period. Sending positive thoughts your way...your country produced my all time favorite band, Rush.

I know how odd it sounds, but I’m nervous to leave the house. After 2 years of not going anywhere, I find that I am nervous to leave. Not for any specific reason, but I guess it’s just feeling like packing and getting to the airport and staying in a hotel…it’s all almost overwhelming.

I was exactly the same way back in May when we took our first vacation since March 2020. We took the AutoTrain which helped a bit with the transition from "seeing almost nobody and going almost nowhere" to "seeing almost everybody and going almost everywhere." For a little while, I just had to visualize what we were going to do before we did it, and I always had a Plan B in place for times when we did not feel comfortable. I was able to put my nerves away after the first 24 hours or so and we had a great time. I hope that you can do the same!

PS - Heading out in 2 weeks for another trip. Not nervous at all this time!

I was exactly the same way back in May when we took our first vacation since March 2020. We took the AutoTrain which helped a bit with the transition from "seeing almost nobody and going almost nowhere" to "seeing almost everybody and going almost everywhere." For a little while, I just had to visualize what we were going to do before we did it, and I always had a Plan B in place for times when we did not feel comfortable. I was able to put my nerves away after the first 24 hours or so and we had a great time. I hope that you can do the same!

PS - Heading out in 2 weeks for another trip. Not nervous at all this time!

Thank you!! I appreciate your reassuring words and knowing that I’m not alone! I think I just need to be on the ground in Orlando so I can relax and stop worrying about every possible detail and scenario. Just over 24 more hours at this point!

I hope that you have a great trip as well!!

I know how odd it sounds, but I’m nervous to leave the house. After 2 years of not going anywhere, I find that I am nervous to leave. Not for any specific reason, but I guess it’s just feeling like packing and getting to the airport and staying in a hotel…it’s all almost overwhelming.

I don't think its odd at all! I am mostly worried about the crowds for firework shows. I get anxious with people on top of each other. will just play it by ear and maybe do rides during the shows

Oh, boy, I understand that. My husband actually took me out for practice before our trip last summer. If you need an ear to commiserate with more, feel free to reach out either via PM or email (username at yahoo)!

I don't think its odd at all! I am mostly worried about the crowds for firework shows. I get anxious with people on top of each other. will just play it by ear and maybe do rides during the shows

Yeah, I am worried about this, too, so we'll see what comes of it - like, if we go or not. Luckily, we're not generally show people so we'll probably pass on them again. I almost typed "this time" but, uh, do I even listen to myself? :)

Oh, boy, I understand that. My husband actually took me out for practice before our trip last summer. If you need an ear to commiserate with more, feel free to reach out either via PM or email (username at yahoo)!

Yeah, I am worried about this, too, so we'll see what comes of it - like, if we go or not. Luckily, we're not generally show people so we'll probably pass on them again. I almost typed "this time" but, uh, do I even listen to myself? :)

Thank you! I hope your flight goes well Saturday! You should be far enough of the winter weather to not have to worry about delays. And get to Orlando and have warm and sunny weather

Hopefully the weather blows out quickly on Sunday morning and we can have some great park days!

We are staying at the Boardwalk and will be there from tomorrow until Thursday.

Thank you! I hope your flight goes well Saturday! You should be far enough of the winter weather to not have to worry about delays. And get to Orlando and have warm and sunny weather

Hopefully the weather blows out quickly on Sunday morning and we can have some great park days!

We are staying at the Boardwalk and will be there from tomorrow until Thursday.

So... we'll see you there, then! :) But, yeah, weather-wise, flights are looking good from here, so it's a matter of the airlines having what they need to get us there. (To be fair, two years ago, the weather was AWFUL day of departure so we stayed at the airport hotel the night before and roads were AWFUL but runways were clear soooo)

Also, at no point, does it appear to be warmer in Michigan than Orlando. Nor does it appear to be dropping below freezing in Florida. It will all be as good as we make it!

Flying out of CT on Tuesday - weather looks freezing but no snow in the forecast!

I've also been tracking flights from BDL to MCO over the past few weeks - a few minor delays, but NO cancellations!

We arrived Tuesday. Nights have been chilly, but not awful. Days have been gorgeous. We did MK Wed and HS yesterday. One thing that we logically knew but didn't really understand was just how long lines are for everything. It's a little off putting, but we're finding ways to do lots of things without waiting in long lines. We did utilize Genie+ yesterday and that helped a lot. The theming in Toy Story is my favorite!

Right now we're trying to rope drop Rise but it's down for technical issues (of course it is). We'll see how long this takes.

We arrived Tuesday. Nights have been chilly, but not awful. Days have been gorgeous. We did MK Wed and HS yesterday. One thing that we logically knew but didn't really understand was just how long lines are for everything. It's a little off putting, but we're finding ways to do lots of things without waiting in long lines. We did utilize Genie+ yesterday and that helped a lot. The theming in Toy Story is my favorite!

Right now we're trying to rope drop Rise but it's down for technical issues (of course it is). We'll see how long this takes.
What kind of outerwear do you recommend for evenings? Is a hoodie enough?

may the force be with you when it comes to ROTR.

yeah i think those of us who visit this time of the year and usually encounter small crowds are going to be surprised with how busy it is. Hopefully you are still having a great time still!
we head down jan 30th and Ive already decided to genie + most days

I more nervous about the flight then anything. The flight I’m taking leaves daily from my airport so I’ve been checking it’s status every day to see how it’s doing… yes I’m a wacko, but it’s helping ease me a little lol. Luckily it’s been pretty consistent and I even found out it lands 30 mins early quite often so that’s nice too.

I’m like most of you, once we get to the actual resort I’m good!

I more nervous about the flight then anything. The flight I’m taking leaves daily from my airport so I’ve been checking it’s status every day to see how it’s doing… yes I’m a wacko, but it’s helping ease me a little lol. Luckily it’s been pretty consistent and I even found out it lands 30 mins early quite often so that’s nice too.

You are not crazy. I've been checking TSA waits, flight status, and traffic to the airport every Friday and Tuesday this month. It is helpful to be able to accurately estimate how these things may impact you. That's just called being very prepared 😉

right there with you! we usually drive but we have covid canceled flight credit that are use or lose at this point so the flight stress is a new level of fun for this trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter