***January 2022 Thread*** - Kicking Off 2022 with WDW!

I remember that when we went in January 2020 the hours were probably one of the only downsides, for us at least, of that trip. The lack of humidity, comfortable temperatures, and lower crowds (we didn’t go during a holiday weekend and aren’t this time around, either) made up for it. We also got to do an awesome after hours event at Animal Kingdom that was icing on the cake—-here’s hoping for more of that to return.

that would be so amazing!! We do have club level so we can do the lounge but I'm also hoping the nightlife opens up at the boardwalk. My thoughts are that Disney wants my money right? here's hoping! I am looking forward to the reported lower crowds but after the pandemic, I think all bets are off so not hanging my hat on that!!!

I am considering this. will you do park to park? Is it possible to do a lot for only 10am-6pm park hours? I am so disappointed that we are losing Everest. last time I was there we got rained out of AK!!!!

I am dying waiting!!!!

:oops:
We did one day at Universal a few years ago just to see The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. We did park to park so we could take the Hogwarts Express and experience both parts. Since HP was our only focus, we managed to see and do it all with enough time to spare to ride some other non-HP Universal rides. We did not have express pass. This time, we will do park to park again, but might also purchase express pass. We do want to visit both HP lands, but we also want to ride roller coasters. I think we were there on our first visit from about 11 - 7. We should have arrived earlier, but we overslept. Honestly, I don't know how much we will be able to accomplish since we have two main goals this time, but hopefully we can do enough to make up for missing Everest. One day at Universal will be very expensive. I would love to hear that the Everest refurb gets pushed back until after our trip! Not very likely, I'm sure, but I'll keep hoping!

Joining the Jan train! Going Jan 27- Feb 5 for my sons 7th bday which is on the 30th of January. This will be his first trip. Staying at POP but might upgrade to a deluxe the last two nights. We were tentative on going but it seems little kids will have the option to be vaccinated soon so looks like it’s a go!

Also glad people will be testing Genie for a few months for us lol. Don’t think we will splurge the $600 for Genie+ so this will be our first time going without “fast pass”. Hoping it’s not too bad. 🤞🏻

Husband and I went with some family Feb 2020 (luckily just before the world shut down!) and was sad Space 220 wasn’t open but now stoked to try it out! We also just missed MMRR opening by a few months so excited for that at well!

Congrats everyone on your trips!

After several tries to find a week that worked for all of us, we've landed on January 2nd to 14th. Jan 2nd to 6th at Universal, and Jan 6th to 14th at Disney, staying at AKL Kidani :simba:!
It will be DH and myself, our 17yr old ds, 24yr old dd and her fiance at Universal. It will just be Dh, Ds, and I at Disney.
We are Canadian, so now just to hope we are fully vaccinated and that the border opens in time, which it's looking like it should.
Just quoting myself from way back in May. I was fully vaccinated as of June, but the Canada/USA land border remained closed. It was just recently announced that it would open and we held our breath to see if our mixed vaccines would be accepted (common in Canada) and it was announced Friday that they will be!!!!
I live on the border with New York State. I can not tell you how much it means to us to be fully planning a trip again. We are SOOOO excited. :sunny:

We're in! Villas at Grand Floridian, Jan 8 to 12. Short trip before DS and DD have to go back to college. Excited because they could not join us on the 50th celebration trip. Looking forward to seeing everyone! Hoping for Space 220 this time! :smickey:

Yay! So excited for Festival of the Arts. It was going the last time I was there and I really enjoyed browsing the artwork booths. More opportunity for a unique souvenir. I wonder now that they've announced this festival if there will be an announcement for discounts for the start of the year.

Has anyone been during opening day of Festival of the Arts? If so, what are the crowds like? We are schedule to go opening day but may change it if crowds are really high. We might try a food or two but not sure if it is worth it on opening day when we can go on say Wednesday and not have to deal with crowds at all.

Has anyone been during opening day of Festival of the Arts? If so, what are the crowds like? We are schedule to go opening day but may change it if crowds are really high. We might try a food or two but not sure if it is worth it on opening day when we can go on say Wednesday and not have to deal with crowds at all.

I've never been on opening day, but I would imagine it doesn't bring in the larger crowds of F&W or even F&G. I think it being a lower crowd time of year and not as popular as those other festivals it will mostly be busy, especially for bloggers/vloggers, but not packed.

Over the years we have had the opportunity to be at Epcot for all of the festivals and Festival of the Arts is our favourite! Hope others enjoy it too!!

I found it to be more 'family friendly' than some as their were more hands-on activities (paint by number, chalk to draw with, interactive snacks) which meant my daughter and I could both enjoy it together!

I am headed down in January 2022!
I am going to be down from the 24th through the 30th.
I am V E R Y excited that the Festival Of The Arts is happening.
I love EPCOT and of the videos I have seen, the festival looks fun!

Has anyone heard any rumblings of the After Hours (non seasonal) events coming back post holiday/January? I would think with park hours being shorter and things looking up with Covid this would be a no brainer cash grab they'd be happy to take advantage of, especially during the anniversary year. A lot would probably depend on the ability to staff the park, but even as an upcharge I enjoyed the event enough that I would definitely be willing to go again if it were offered this coming year.... even at more than one park if it meant access to some long wait rides.

Has anyone heard any rumblings of the After Hours (non seasonal) events coming back post holiday/January? I would think with park hours being shorter and things looking up with Covid this would be a no brainer cash grab they'd be happy to take advantage of, especially during the anniversary year. A lot would probably depend on the ability to staff the park, but even as an upcharge I enjoyed the event enough that I would definitely be willing to go again if it were offered this coming year.... even at more than one park if it meant access to some long wait rides.
Unfortunately no official chatter of that happening yet. Hopefully for those who would attend they bring them back sooner than later.

We are going January 3rd to the 8th. this is a trip rescheduled from covid may 2020.. It's me my husband and our 21 year old son staying at Windsor hills for the 1st time. Just wondering how the marathon will impact the parks.

We're booked for Jan 2-7. We have a big group of 8 adults and 5 kids (ages 9,8, 7, 7, 5) at the time of the trip. It will be by nieces' and nephew's first (and maybe only) trip to Disney World. My kids have been twice. We rented DVC points to stay at Bay Lake Tower. When I booked the crowd levels looked low and I thought these dates would work for the post-holiday lull, but now Touring plans has crowd levels at 10 for our whole trip and I'm so stressed. Anyone else have any idea how busy it might be? It's so hard to guess since everything is changing so much.
Thanks!
Ugh. Us too. Hopefully crowd calendars are wrong. Afraid to tell my family. They still think crowds will be low

Joining the January crowd. I'll be in the bubble Jan 26-31st with my brother for a siblings trip. We're booked for Pop, but if any promos pop up our resort may change. We had to push back our November 2021 trip because my husband was recently injured and will require surgery. At this point, my brother is thinking of adding G+ but I am not, but that may be because I have an AP and recently moved to FL so it's relatively easier for me to get to the parks! I'm a little anxious for our ADR day as I'll be getting all the reservations myself, but so far we want to try for BOG, Space 220, and Oga's. We're considering a dessert party for Enchantment, but we waffle each time we talk about it. Glad to be here, and happy planning, everyone!

We have been to all but one of the Festival of Arts so far. Opening day twice and it wasn’t any busier than normal. Just more vloggers lol
Was hoping to catch it while we are at Boardwalk but we are at BW 8-13! So we miss it by a day.
Luckily we then switch to GDT for two nights so I will still swing over for opening day.

Anyone have thoughts on when they'll release the hours for January? Seems to me its going to have to be this week. Next Tuesday marks 60 days until 1/1/22. Anyone arriving that day or at other points in the month are going to have their dining reservations date popping up and it would be nice to know park times prior to that. I'm guessing news on park hours, discounts, any other events going for January (after hours) is going to be out the end of this week so that anyone thinking of booking last minute (60 days or less) has some time to make decisions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter