January 2019 car rental thread

Thanks ashleyrm. I just saved $28 with the BJ's code and that coupon!

My lowest rate yet for midsize SUV with Alamo 5 days @ $160, end of January. Costco & $30 coupon AD8913MJR

Nice price drop today for our 1/22-29 trip (Alamo via Costco): minivan down to $213 from $261 (and the $261 was down from a $400+ booking we initially made with Alamo, so I'm thrilled)!

Yes, I have seen that rates are starting to ease up considerably at the Costco rental car site. I will try to rebook with Alamo at some point, as their car pickup procedure seems preferable to the other companies.

Yes, I have seen that rates are starting to ease up considerably at the Costco rental car site. I will try to rebook with Alamo at some point, as their car pickup procedure seems preferable to the other companies.
This will be our first time using Costco for a rental car but so far, so good. I've already cancelled several bookings with them as the rates have dropped (ridiculously easy online process). The Alamo pick-up process at MCO has always been a breeze for us, so my personal preference is to book with them whenever rates are competitive.

I’m down to $276 for a standard size (so really full size) with Alamo via Costco, 1/27-2/6. Midsize SUV is the same price. I’m happy with that considering it was over $400 when I started looking.

Mine went to 147 (midsize)for a week from Avis through Costco. I cancelled all previous Budget Alamo reservations.
I saw that price couple hours two weeks ago and havent seen it since. It has risen
and continues to rise.

Just booked with Alamo using AP code and AD3868JST coupon ($25 off) and got a full size for $124.50. $3 is $3. Lol.

So I ended up using a different code and paid $112.92 with Alamo for a full size for 4 days. Pick up was excellent. Got to pick my own car. Lots of cars available. Got an upgraded Altima - nice car but had a low pressure light and when I looked at the tire after a couple of days, I noticed it was almost flat. Stopped at the WDW National/Alamo Car Center and they gave me a new car right away. Return was quick and easy as usual. Only bummer is that I'm 99% sure I left my Florida Sunpass in the Altima and Alamo has not been able to find it. No charges have been put on my Sunpass but I'm guessing I'm going to have to report it as lost. I can now bring my EZPass from Delaware and use it so at least I don't have to pay for a replacement.

I’m down to $276 for a standard size (so really full size) with Alamo via Costco, 1/27-2/6. Midsize SUV is the same price. I’m happy with that considering it was over $400 when I started looking.
I’m down to $251.85 with Alamo for a standard size car 1/28-2/6. Now I just need to hope the weather stays calm.

So I ended up using a different code and paid $112.92 with Alamo for a full size for 4 days. Pick up was excellent. Got to pick my own car. Lots of cars available. Got an upgraded Altima - nice car but had a low pressure light and when I looked at the tire after a couple of days, I noticed it was almost flat. Stopped at the WDW National/Alamo Car Center and they gave me a new car right away. Return was quick and easy as usual. Only bummer is that I'm 99% sure I left my Florida Sunpass in the Altima and Alamo has not been able to find it. No charges have been put on my Sunpass but I'm guessing I'm going to have to report it as lost. I can now bring my EZPass from Delaware and use it so at least I don't have to pay for a replacement.

Mind sharing the code you ended up using? Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter