January 2019 car rental thread

Does anyone have experience booking Alamo through AutoSlash and then also applying the Costco benefit of the free additional driver? It's $30 less to book through AutoSlash right now vs. through Costco...debating if it's worth the hassle of going to the counter to show the Costco membership card (and wondering if Alamo will still apply the free driver benefit if it wasn't listed at the time of booking). Any insights would be very much appreciated!

Does anyone have experience booking Alamo through AutoSlash and then also applying the Costco benefit of the free additional driver? It's $30 less to book through AutoSlash right now vs. through Costco...debating if it's worth the hassle of going to the counter to show the Costco membership card (and wondering if Alamo will still apply the free driver benefit if it wasn't listed at the time of booking). Any insights would be very much appreciated!
I think you have to book through Costco to get the discount.

Alamo sent me an email for anniversary a double upgrade. I could not use that but there was an offer for $20 off SUV or van from 1/2 to 2/6. AD2862FFA
So I cancelled $246
And I booked book for $200.82. Weirdly at first I had pick up and drop off both at 1:30pm but I do like cushion so I changed pick up to 1pm and drop off 2pm and the price dropped $14 more. I had just grabbed my luggage and I remembered the DIS saying just before your trip the price could drop~ thanks.

Well, total of about $50 off so far. 8 more days of trying to get even lower. Keep going back and forth with Costco and $25 coupon.

On a better note, flights just went down $140 total, for the two of us.

Wow, my daughter’s 4 day rental really dropped last night. She’s down to $130 full size using coupon and dvc code. If she could do a mid size it’s $99, but she’s a party of 5. A midsize suv was $126. She stayed with full size in hope of an upgrade in the full size aisle. Alamo Jan 12-16

Wow, my daughter’s 4 day rental really dropped last night. She’s down to $130 full size using coupon and dvc code. If she could do a mid size it’s $99, but she’s a party of 5. A midsize suv was $126. She stayed with full size in hope of an upgrade in the full size aisle. Alamo Jan 12-16
Do you know the coupon code and what's the DVC code (I only ever knew of AP codes for Alamo!)?

My trip's mid-SUV dropped again to $181, with Alamo, yesterday it was $192.

January 13-20, Alamo using Costco Travel, Mid SUV.

My trip's mid-SUV dropped again to $181, with Alamo, yesterday it was $192.

January 13-20, Alamo using Costco Travel, Mid SUV.

Wow thats great, our suv is at $217 for 1/26-2/2 with enterprise. Alamo charges up to $12 for additional driver so I went with enterprise, maybe it will come down soon.

Yep, little more chip off the price, by about 20 dollars for full size. Then saw mid size SUV for $30 more, for 7 to 16. Holding both for now, most likely will take the full size, but hey, I have 3 more days to keep checking. Using Costco and the $25 coupon, with my insider sign in.

Costco rates improved a bit today for my one-week trip. Intermediate car from Budget at MCO, $165, all fees included. Not enough to switch, but getting closer.

By using carrentalsavers we have 2 weeks with Budget for 315.00. It's more when I use the Budget site.

Was planning on not getting a car for my last minute-ish trip next week (1/9 - 1/12), but got a full size with Dollar today through carrentalsavers for $127 so decided to go for it. I swore I wasn't going to get a car unless I could get it for under $100. Now to see if the resort parking police catch up with me at Sports. ;)

Rates dropped again today for me. Was able to switch back to Alamo (using Costco) for $283 for an intermediate SUV. That's $10 cheaper than the rate I had through budget. 3 weeks to go!

Yea, my daughters 4 day full size rental went from $124 to $105 today.

Was planning on not getting a car for my last minute-ish trip next week (1/9 - 1/12), but got a full size with Dollar today through carrentalsavers for $127 so decided to go for it. I swore I wasn't going to get a car unless I could get it for under $100. Now to see if the resort parking police catch up with me at Sports. ;)

Just booked with Alamo using AP code and AD3868JST coupon ($25 off) and got a full size for $124.50. $3 is $3. Lol.

Just booked with Alamo using AP code and AD3868JST coupon ($25 off) and got a full size for $124.50. $3 is $3. Lol.

Do you know where that coupon code comes from? I googled it but couldn't find anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter