**January 2018 Check-in Thread**

I hadn't been to DL for a while, but the Dole Whip lines were soooooo long last week I couldn't believe it! (long to me, anyway)

They do get long, but you can go inside and order from the other side of the stand as well. oh I can't wait for a dole whip!!

11 days to go for me! Switched our accomodation to del sol (was booked out) saving $200 plus giving us (basic but fine for us) breakfast!

We just got back from our trip last night! It was so much fun and really exhausting. Thanks so much to everyone on Disboards for such helpful information! I could not have wrapped my head around everything without this board.

I do wish there were fewer closed rides, but it didn't have a big effect on our enjoyment. It just meant we had time to do some rides more than once, especially with Max Pass. We also really took advantage of park photographers. They were in all the major photo spots and sometimes with some of the characters positioned around the parks.

We took my daughter to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique on her birthday, got the lowest-priced package, and didn't even do the photo add-on. But with the photographers in front of the castle, it didn't matter. You still get your own little photo session as long as you have Max Pass or Photo Pass, and it felt pretty special anyway. We got some great shots of Astrid dressed up in front of the castle. (Pardon her shocked face. She really did enjoy it!) And one of the photographers asked if she could take pictures of my daughter in front of Rapunzel's tower, too.

We also got her a birthday cake, which I posted about in the cakes thread.

Be forewarned, though, that it is still really crowded. Lines were still long, wait times were still extensive, and I always felt like I was in someone's way. But, again, Max Pass helped a lot. I don't know what it's going to be like when almost everyone is using it. But right now, it gave us such an advantage when planning our day.

bbb-2018.jpg

Panic is starting to set it. I stress myself out everytime I travel. I know it’s ridiculous lol

Sunday is my only only day off before we leave next Saturday and I’m pretty sure I will be leaving right from work that afternoon.

Thinking I should pack a little of everything to cover the weather haha. Hoping to get away with wearing jeans but will Bring capris just Incase plus a rain coat.

For those of you who have gone what did you find best to wear. I’m thinking the evenings will be a little chilly and am hoping to get away with out carrying a backpack with me.

For those of you who have gone what did you find best to wear. I’m thinking the evenings will be a little chilly and am hoping to get away with out carrying a backpack with me.

For most days, I wore jeans and a short-sleeved shirt. I kept a light cardigan in my backpack, which I usually started needing by about 5pm. On the first day, we rented a small locker ($7/day) and kept our jackets, etc. in it until later in the day. You could try that if you don't want to carry a backpack. There are lockers on Main Street near the Starbucks.

Don't underestimate the cool nights. It's 55 in Anaheim right now at 11:00pm. Tomorrow the low is forecasted to be 39, but we're getting a few chilly days this weekend (high of 64/65 for Saturday and Sunday). But next week it should be in the 70s during the day and 50s at night. I'm going Monday (high of 70). I'll wear light-weight pants and short sleeves and bring a zip up medium-weight jacket for nighttime, and possibly a vest too just in case since we're staying for Fantasmic. Don't forget sunscreen for the day time (yes, even in January!). I think when you come it will be a high of 77 some of the days. I personally wear shorts for that weather but capris would be fine too.

Panic is starting to set it. I stress myself out everytime I travel. I know it’s ridiculous lol

Sunday is my only only day off before we leave next Saturday and I’m pretty sure I will be leaving right from work that afternoon.

Thinking I should pack a little of everything to cover the weather haha. Hoping to get away with wearing jeans but will Bring capris just Incase plus a rain coat.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/anaheim-ca/92805/daily-weather-forecast/327150?day=10

So... 10-ish degrees C at night for us and 20-ish daytime.... probably no shorts for me. I’m still bringing my bathing suit! :rotfl:

We just got back from our trip last night! It was so much fun and really exhausting. Thanks so much to everyone on Disboards for such helpful information! I could not have wrapped my head around everything without this board.

I do wish there were fewer closed rides, but it didn't have a big effect on our enjoyment. It just meant we had time to do some rides more than once, especially with Max Pass. We also really took advantage of park photographers. They were in all the major photo spots and sometimes with some of the characters positioned around the parks.

We took my daughter to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique on her birthday, got the lowest-priced package, and didn't even do the photo add-on. But with the photographers in front of the castle, it didn't matter. You still get your own little photo session as long as you have Max Pass or Photo Pass, and it felt pretty special anyway. We got some great shots of Astrid dressed up in front of the castle. (Pardon her shocked face. She really did enjoy it!) And one of the photographers asked if she could take pictures of my daughter in front of Rapunzel's tower, too.

We also got her a birthday cake, which I posted about in the cakes thread.

Be forewarned, though, that it is still really crowded. Lines were still long, wait times were still extensive, and I always felt like I was in someone's way. But, again, Max Pass helped a lot. I don't know what it's going to be like when almost everyone is using it. But right now, it gave us such an advantage when planning our day.

View attachment 296604
Pretty pretty!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter