January 2015

I just booked our flights to WDW for January 28th today. We haven't been there in five years - can't wait! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Hoping for discounts, because we want to stay on the Monorail route this time.

My wife and I just recently signed up for this card. Would you mind linking us to the discount page?

disneyrewards.com/offers

Here is the link to the Disney Visa card offers, or you can google Disney Visa Rewards and it usually comes up...just make sure to check under the tab "Limited Time Offers" on the webpage...that is where the travel discounts usually are.

disneyrewards.com/offers

Here is the link to the Disney Visa card offers, or you can google Disney Visa Rewards and it usually comes up...just make sure to check under the tab "Limited Time Offers" on the webpage...that is where the travel discounts usually are.

Make sure to put https:// in front of disneyrewards.com/offers

I was having issues posting the link

We managed to get BWI really cheap. I should have booked CR, then called to apply the discount when it came out. Live and learn. I did not realize this could be done. There is nothing like being at a monorail resort for the races at Epcot.

We have stayed at BWI last two times, and this time I realized from posters here that BWI had some good discounts going on. But I had already told my kids we were going to CR and they were pretty excited so I didn't want to be a party pooper and change.

I always pick the resort that doesn't have a discount going on.

I'd love to know where to check for the disney reward visa discounts as well - I've had this card for years, use it, and have never seen anything lol. Maybe I need to pay better attention though!

I posted the link...last year they released the discounts four days before the general public discounts...it was released on Oct. 3rd for Disney Visa card holders and Oct. 7th for general public...guessing it'll be about the same time frame this year, maybe Oct. 2nd since I think they try to give Disney Visa card holders the weekend to book...

Thank you, Dani! Ha, I've had this card for 3-4 years and apparently know nada! It is set up under my husband so I wonder if the emails go to his junk addy.

Do you have to use the card to book the trip then I assume? How does that work if you already have the trip booked and pretty much paid for? Guess I'll find out if/when discounts get released :)

We had a vacation planned with some payments already made. We called to get the Disney Visa free dining promotion and we were told we only needed to put $200 down. It has been a couple of years, but I think we rebooked a reservation with the $200 on Disney Visa, then transferred our previously paid funds over to the new reservation. I don't think they let me just add $200 on a current booking, but I may be wrong.

Argh! I know! My florida family got a residence discount for CR for the Marathon, so I know it is sold out.

We managed to get BWI really cheap. I should have booked CR, then called to apply the discount when it came out. Live and learn. I did not realize this could be done. There is nothing like being at a monorail resort for the races at Epcot.

We switched from the runDisney package to a regular Disney package when they were released. We had a Bay Lake Tower room at CR initially and when we switched, only TPV was available. the primary reason i changed the package was in hopes of a discount. At least we will have a great view, and my husband will be able to hop the monorail to the starting line (even if we are paying through the nose LOL)

We're going in January also - first ever trip!!! 12 nights at POR :cloud9:

Travelling a fair bit to get there (9704 miles - not a typo *laughs* )

We're not good with the heat, or crowds, so hoping Jan will be good :)

Kinda bummed that I cant get the Disney Visa card because I'm not from the states - so no early discounts or awesome benefits.
Just trying to monitor twice a day to see when the general public discounts are released :P

We're going in January also - first ever trip!!! 12 nights at POR :cloud9:

Travelling a fair bit to get there (9704 miles - not a typo *laughs* )

We're not good with the heat, or crowds, so hoping Jan will be good :)

Kinda bummed that I cant get the Disney Visa card because I'm not from the states - so no early discounts or awesome benefits.
Just trying to monitor twice a day to see when the general public discounts are released :P

January is usually pretty great...February usually is too...however, January has some dates that can get kind of crazy, starting with New Years, then marathon weekend (Jan. 7-11) and then Martin Luther King Jr. weekend (Jan. 17-19). In the US, a lot of places get Monday, Jan 19th off for MLK Jr. day, although out of all those dates, it is probably the least to worry about.

Thank you, Dani! Ha, I've had this card for 3-4 years and apparently know nada! It is set up under my husband so I wonder if the emails go to his junk addy.

Do you have to use the card to book the trip then I assume? How does that work if you already have the trip booked and pretty much paid for? Guess I'll find out if/when discounts get released :)

No problem...I think you have to use the card to at least put the deposit down or something along those lines...the plus side to putting it on the Disney Visa card is they offer you 6 months no interest to pay it off, and all that money gets you Disney dollars back to spend on your vacation ;)

Great, thank you! I won't make anymore payments on the trip then until discounts are hopefully released so I can account for that and hopefully a nice discount!!!

While booking a client yesterday the CM told me to look for FD in January 2015... so here is hoping for them!

January is usually pretty great...February usually is too...however, January has some dates that can get kind of crazy, starting with New Years, then marathon weekend (Jan. 7-11) and then Martin Luther King Jr. weekend (Jan. 17-19). In the US, a lot of places get Monday, Jan 19th off for MLK Jr. day, although out of all those dates, it is probably the least to worry about.

Awesome! Thats good to hear :thumbsup2

I had a look at a few of the calendars and tried to avoid the craziness so ended up booking after the 19th, so technically I guess I'm doing January and February *laughs* but mostly Jan! :)

So, hopefully by arriving after the 19th there aren't any super busy days I overlooked o_O

Tend to get myself a little confused (and overwhelmed) with trying to plan having never been there / it being such a big place / having to rely on internet (sooooo much information) rather than calling to check things (its always like 2am there when i have time to call :P )

Awesome! Thats good to hear :thumbsup2

I had a look at a few of the calendars and tried to avoid the craziness so ended up booking after the 19th, so technically I guess I'm doing January and February *laughs* but mostly Jan! :)

So, hopefully by arriving after the 19th there aren't any super busy days I overlooked o_O

Tend to get myself a little confused (and overwhelmed) with trying to plan having never been there / it being such a big place / having to rely on internet (sooooo much information) rather than calling to check things (its always like 2am there when i have time to call :P )

I like that late January/early February time so much that I'm planning my honeymoon for that time frame :)
When I was little, my family either went in early November or early February and the weather was nice and the crowds were low. However, after going last year in early November, I decided the crowds were a bit more then what I wanted for my honeymoon, and my fiance isn't big into Christmasy stuff. I loved Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, he wouldn't. I've also gone in early August, and although fun, it was HOT (and pushing my grandma around in a wheelchair made it even hotter)...
So, long story short, picked the end of January-beginning of February :) I think it should be an absolutely grand time to visit Disney, and if they offer free dining, even better! By the way, if they offer free dining, or any other discount, it will, after a few days, be released to the general public. So even if you don't have a Disney Visa card, you still can partake in the magic, just a little later.
By the way my favorite sites for Disney info, besides you know, this one, are www.mousesavers.com and www.undercovertourist.com. Mousesavers has a lot of good information and tips, and I love the crowd calendar on undercovertourist. I also have the Disney World app on my phone that connects to myMagic+, and it gives wait times for rides. Used it a lot last November.

staying in January for the first time in years...hoping for a discount

Quick question regarding discount availability. I always book room only at rack rate. When the discount appears, I call to apply the discount to our reservation. I know it's all subject to availability, but it has always been available . . . until now.

We currently have a reservation at AKL, then at GF then at BWI for early January. I just checked BWI for our BWI dates, and they are sold out. I'm guessing that means I'll be out of luck regarding a discount. Can anyone confirm? If that's the case, we may end up just staying at GF.

Quick question regarding discount availability. I always book room only at rack rate. When the discount appears, I call to apply the discount to our reservation. I know it's all subject to availability, but it has always been available . . . until now.

We currently have a reservation at AKL, then at GF then at BWI for early January. I just checked BWI for our BWI dates, and they are sold out. I'm guessing that means I'll be out of luck regarding a discount. Can anyone confirm? If that's the case, we may end up just staying at GF.

If by early January you mean any time around the 3-5 (some schools still out on winter break since New Years Day falls mid week), 8-11 (marathon weekend) or, 17-19 (presidents day weekend) then yes you may be out of luck as those are popular weekends. They usually will sell plenty at the popular resorts without discounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter