January 2015

The half marathon is January 9 and the full marathon is January 10. I know because I crazily signed up to run both this year. I'm doing my trip after the races as I think it will be a little less crowded that week then the week leading up to it. However, if I wasn't running then I'd probably do the trip another week later just to be safe from the crowds. That being said, this is my first time both running in the WDW marathon and taking a January trip to WDW.

Thanks for the info

Thanks so much! Could I split my reservation in two once I know the discount dates for sure?

I'm not as clear on this but hopefully one of the more knowledgeable people on here will answer. I believe that you can as long as the rooms with the discounts are available.

Does anyone know what the dates are for the marathon in January?
thanks

The marathon weekend starts Jan 8 with the 5k, 9th is the 10k, 10th is the 1/2 and 11th is the Full marathon. Some people are signed up for Dopey doing all 4 races so lots of people coming in over that time period. The expo starts on Jan. 7-10

I just checked EasyWDW and touring plans and they both have the week of
Jan 3-Jan 9 as being pretty busy.
I'm guessing Brazilian tour groups.

Thoughts?

I'm wondering if Dec 13-19 has less crowds. It's the week after Pop Warner but before the Christmas rush.

We are in the early planning stages of a three day Disney adults trip, an add on after cruise, so back on these great boards!

I completely forgot about the Brazil tour groups...my question is do these groups typically stay on site? If so, is it normally the value resorts? I was thinking of trying Art of Animation on this trip, but may want to splurge on a moderate if large groups are staying the value resorts.

We are in the early planning stages of a three day Disney adults trip, an add on after cruise, so back on these great boards!

I completely forgot about the Brazil tour groups...my question is do these groups typically stay on site? If so, is it normally the value resorts? I was thinking of trying Art of Animation on this trip, but may want to splurge on a moderate if large groups are staying the value resorts.

Yes they stay on site and usually at a Value, but that varies as to which one. AoA is probably pretty safe as it's still so new and popular that they have no problem filling it up.

Southwest's prices came down on a few dates so we changed things up a bit! Instead of 3 days Disneyworld, 4 day cruise, 3 days US...Original dates January 30-February 9. We are just going to go to Disney January 29-February 2 then 4 day cruise then back for only one night at Disney. The savings for those flights was almost 180.00 RT. We are staying at Pop for the first part but I'd like to stay somewhere more relaxing for the one night at the end as we won't be going anywhere. Any suggestions? We will have a 1 and just turned 3 year old with us. :wizard:

Southwest's prices came down on a few dates so we changed things up a bit! Instead of 3 days Disneyworld, 4 day cruise, 3 days US...Original dates January 30-February 9. We are just going to go to Disney January 29-February 2 then 4 day cruise then back for only one night at Disney. The savings for those flights was almost 180.00 RT. We are staying at Pop for the first part but I'd like to stay somewhere more relaxing for the one night at the end as we won't be going anywhere. Any suggestions? We will have a 1 and just turned 3 year old with us. :wizard:

I think it would be SO fun and magical to end your trip in a Royal Room at Port Orleans Riverside. There are boat rides to DTD, really fun theming at the resort, and of course the beauty of the actual room for your little ones.

I just checked EasyWDW and touring plans and they both have the week of Jan 3-Jan 9 as being pretty busy. I'm guessing Brazilian tour groups. Thoughts? I'm wondering if Dec 13-19 has less crowds. It's the week after Pop Warner but before the Christmas rush.

I think early Jan is so busy, as people haven't returned to school yet. After marathon weekend, crowds seem to thin out significantly.

Dec might have slightly less crowds, but if imagine the closer to Christmas, the more crowded it'll be, as people will head down as schools let out.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We are going in January 2015 as well! :banana: We rented a huge house (6 BR, 5.5 BA, sleeps 16) in Emerald Island for January 11-18, and are being joined by a large group of family and friends. We will be celebrating a number of birthdays with trips to Epcot (DATW) and to Universal for the new Harry Potter land.

Then, to get over that week (lol), we made a reservation for AoA for January 18-22 to get our full-on Disney experience for a few days. We may change to POFQ or another Value resort depending on whether any discounts are available.

We went around the same time in 2011 and had a great trip. The Harry Potter ride was literally a walk-on - the only line was at Olivanders. The weather was in the 70s most days, except for the last day which had highs in the low 50s. We will be driving this time, so we will have room to carry all kinds of clothing options. :goodvibes

We just booked our flights and will be there from January 21-31!

We are hoping to get some good discounts and book at AKL, but we would be happy with any of the moderates as well! I am just waiting until the discounts are released in October to make the hotel choice.

Coming from Canada, the weather should be better than what we will be leaving behind, so I think that we will be happy no matter what! Who knows, maybe it will become a family tradition to go every January, if this trip works out well!

change of plans.... joining this thread and hoping to see discounts....:cool1:

Planning for the 18th-30th! It will be our 5 yo DS's birthday/first trip and the first trip for our newborn (7 months in January). Ready to see discounts!! I have been planning a trip for 2 years and am ready to make it a reality.

Planning for the 18th-30th! It will be our 5 yo DS's birthday/first trip and the first trip for our newborn (7 months in January). Ready to see discounts!! I have been planning a trip for 2 years and am ready to make it a reality.

Hopefully we'll see some discounts in early October for January stays

We are going for our first January trip. We have never been later than Veteran's Day, so we are hoping for the best!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter