January 2015

Planning our second trip. First one was just last April. Hoping for good deals to maybe extend our stay! Thinking the week before and into the week after the marathon. All the calendars I see have pretty low crowd levels both weeks with the marathon Friday Saturday being the exceptions. Considering we went week after easter last April any crowd level will seem much slower to us!:banana:

We haven't been to WDW since 2001 when we were DINKS and we went with my Aunt's family of teenagers. Now we have a 9 & a 11 yo DSs who are Disneyland vets (annual passholders right now since we are on year round school) and are well traveled, but never to WDW.

But we are sailing on the Fantasy on January 24 and just booked our flights coming in January 18. That gives us a whole week in Orlando before we sail. Hoping for a great discount so we can justify spending that week onsite at WDW.

My question: we are new Disney Visa holders. Will we get an email notifying us of any early opportunity to book the discounts? Or a mailer? (sorry if this has already been asked, I was lazy and didn't read every page of this thread).

We haven't been to WDW since 2001 when we were DINKS and we went with my Aunt's family of teenagers. Now we have a 9 & a 11 yo DSs who are Disneyland vets (annual passholders right now since we are on year round school) and are well traveled, but never to WDW.

But we are sailing on the Fantasy on January 24 and just booked our flights coming in January 18. That gives us a whole week in Orlando before we sail. Hoping for a great discount so we can justify spending that week onsite at WDW.

My question: we are new Disney Visa holders. Will we get an email notifying us of any early opportunity to book the discounts? Or a mailer? (sorry if this has already been asked, I was lazy and didn't read every page of this thread).

Usually you will get both an email and regular mail from Disney Visa, at least I have in the past. Now, you will find out about it online first and not just the rumors but on the Disney Visa site so you can always check there if you think it's out.

Following along for a January Discount. Dates are Jan 3-10. Would like to stay at GF, but want a discount for that. If not we will be at Riverside since we are a party of 5. I have my dinning booked, but will wait for the discounts to book my room. :thumbsup2

I don't think there will be any discounts for CR week of Jan 3-11 there are no rooms left!

Okay so up front. POP has always been dead last on my list of "where I want to stay at Disney". I mean dead last. I would never set out and think 'Hey I want to go to Disney and stay at POP'.

But I'm doing a 5 night solo in January and keep posting that after staying at Movies I will have done all the values but POP.

Got me thinking that I would kind of like to have stayed at all the values. And it's not like I think I'll hate POP or have a bad stay or that it will ruin my trip cause while I think of myself as a hotel snob the fact is that it's usually middle of the pack on my requirements list for a good vacation. So why not spend the last night or two at POP then I'd get to have the satisfaction of having all that level done plus have some basis for my opinion.

Right now I've just never wanted to stay at POP for the sole fact that I dislike the Icons. I'm not a fan of huge icon decorations. Ursula creep'd me out big time at AoA, and it's not just Disney, I'm one of those people who are not comfortable walking under the full size whale reconstructions at museums and once we visited the Goodyear Blimp hanger and the look on my face as my mom made me get a picture taken standing next to it is painful to see even now. But I do like the ideal of the theme, I am after all a generation X'er and the 60's 70's and 80's are my childhood decades.

The All Stars icons/decoration have not been as bad (but probably why Music is my favorite) but if you notice I left Movies till last :rotfl: .

So I've kind of talked myself in to it, but not completely, the big question is, one night or two....the price difference right now at rack rate is like $10 per night so no hardship. ( I would have to catch DME from POP and that is a little worrying as I know it's a crowded resort though my flight out is at 6:50 AM so maybe not so crowded)

Of course what I REALLY have to keep talking myself out of is, if I'm going to change resorts anyway, why not do the last two nights at POLY or CBR or CSR. :laughing: Budget Trip, Budget Trip, Budget Trip.........

I swear planning is half the fun of the vacation.

can someone explain to me the best way to handle a discount when the dates doesn't perfectly match? say i've got a 2 -10 reservation at POR with tickets almost paid for. i'm not opposed to adding dining plan if a s/p/d opportunity comes along but any discount would be awesome. what course of action is the best take if the offer starts a day or two after i arrive? i can't change my dates, it's all i've got available and i'd rather not switch hotels either. maybe i just haven't had enough coffee yet cuz i can't wrap my brain around how to handle the different possibilities. :faint:

can someone explain to me the best way to handle a discount when the dates doesn't perfectly match? say i've got a 2 -10 reservation at POR with tickets almost paid for. i'm not opposed to adding dining plan if a s/p/d opportunity comes along but any discount would be awesome. what course of action is the best take if the offer starts a day or two after i arrive? i can't change my dates, it's all i've got available and i'd rather not switch hotels either. maybe i just haven't had enough coffee yet cuz i can't wrap my brain around how to handle the different possibilities. :faint:

It will be a split stay with 2 reservations.

Just an FYI - Checked the Disney Visa Rewards page to see if any new discounts were up. There weren't any new discounts up, but the fall Disney World discount was gone. From my experience, that usually means they are getting ready to release the next vacation discount...hoping for it to come out next week (I can dream, right?)

Just an FYI - Checked the Disney Visa Rewards page to see if any new discounts were up. There weren't any new discounts up, but the fall Disney World discount was gone. From my experience, that usually means they are getting ready to release the next vacation discount...hoping for it to come out next week (I can dream, right?)

It came out Oct 3rd last year, so were getting close!

My wife and I just recently signed up for this card. Would you mind linking us to the discount page?

Subbing because I'm waiting for the discount too! We go every year at the end of Jan for both of my kids' birthdays, and have always gotten a great deal starting in Oct. We love that time of year...so much quieter. It's so hard to wait. I just want to start planning!

I also have to decide if I want to brave the construction at our favorite resort, Poly. Guess I'll wait and see what the prices look like :hyper:

Hey all! I'll be joining everyone in early January for my first trip in 4 years!
Never been in January so I'm very excited!!
How are the crowds? I'm getting a bit nervous reading about the Brazilians and value resorts...

I don't think there will be any discounts for CR week of Jan 3-11 there are no rooms left!

Argh! I know! My florida family got a residence discount for CR for the Marathon, so I know it is sold out.

We managed to get BWI really cheap. I should have booked CR, then called to apply the discount when it came out. Live and learn. I did not realize this could be done. There is nothing like being at a monorail resort for the races at Epcot.

I'd love to know where to check for the disney reward visa discounts as well - I've had this card for years, use it, and have never seen anything lol. Maybe I need to pay better attention though!

I'd love to know where to check for the disney reward visa discounts as well - I've had this card for years, use it, and have never seen anything lol. Maybe I need to pay better attention though!

I always get emails.

I am planning a trip for me and My boyfriend, I have convinenced him to go ! :):lovestruc I would really like a discount because he wants to stay at the values, but I am very very nervous about the tour groups :ccat: So I am hoping that Tinker Bell :tinker: can throw some pixie dust my way so we can at least stay at a moderate.

I just booked our flights to WDW for January 28th today. We haven't been there in a few years - can't wait! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Hoping for discounts, because we want to stay on the Monorail route this time.

My husband is doing the DOPEY (all 4 races), would like to a a room so that we can be close to everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter