January 2009 PI Applicants

I haven't heard anything from Youth Education Series either. I think they are still trying to figure things out, because from what I heard a good majority of that department are PI's, so it would be hard without us!

When I had my interview, the interviewer was a former manager for the YES program, and she told me that it's not a position that is usually turned into a full time job because the department is mostly interns

So anyone else have a second interview but never hear back?

No one for the YES program that was moved forward has had a second interview.

someone on the facebook group posted this:
I heard that different departments had not made up their mind as to what people to call since they were cut on how many people they could hire for this....supposedly next week is when they are calling....Monday and Tuesday is the word out there

I'm still waiting to hear on the management positions. The buzz over at Facebook is that those should be calling tomorrow or Tuesday. Everything else has dropped off my workbench and I've gotten emails that the positions were no longer available, but the mgmt ones are still there. Still wishin' and hopin' here!

Hey guys!

We are looking for 1-2 roommates to live with us at Coral Cay! Two of our roommates are moving home :(
Currently Coral Cay has about 10 townhomes that are currently being used by other Interns, so its a great place to socialize!
Besides me, its my roommate Lisah, and our friend Selena who is moving in with us December 20th.

Here is a link to Coral Cay to see what the complex is like! We have our own hot tub on our back patio, and a big theater at the club house! We have a big living room with a glass top dining table. We only have two tv's though (ones in the lving room, and ones in the master bedroom). Were in a gated community and we are only one mile away from Walmart, two from Sams Club, and three from Target!
http://www.staycoralcay.com/

We have enjoyed living here, and we think you will too! Message me if your interested!

Thanks!
-Nessa

Web Production Intern has disappeared.

I'm now still stuck with the position that they said I was rejected for?

No emails. No phone calls.

Alas, there will be no salvation for me. :guilty:

Both of my remaining ones (rooms & related and retail mgmt) fell off my workbench tonight. :sad1: There are some over on Facebook who still have them on theirs, so If I had to guess, they are the final candidates and the rest of us will get emails once they accept. I may be wrong about that, but that's my guess.

I think everything is off our workbenches because it hit the 120 day point. I am a bit annoyed that they would bring people in to interview but not have the courtesy to call people back. Especially with a company with such a large HR staff. Oh well I should know by now this is how they operate.

Typically if someone is not hired for a position, even if they were interviewed, they will receive either a letter or an email. Rarely do companies make phone calls to reject applicants (although some do). I believe rejection emails are customary with Disney.

I think everything is off our workbenches because it hit the 120 day point. I am a bit annoyed that they would bring people in to interview but not have the courtesy to call people back. Especially with a company with such a large HR staff. Oh well I should know by now this is how they operate.

That's an interesting observation about the 120 days...maybe that's why some people still have them on their workbenches??? :idea:

I will say that in my experience so far this year, Disney has at least answered my questions where some companies won't respond at all, even to a follow-up to make sure they've received a fax or whatever. It's certainly a test of patience, but that's a good thing in my book. I've grown quite a lot this past few months in that area!

My frustrations are not really as much with the PI process as other issues I am having with my current job location with Disney and it is spilling over.

Has anyone tried to get a hold of casting again to see what's going on?

I called casting yesterday and was told that I would receive either an email or phone call by the end of the week. When I specifically asked about the workbench, she repeated that I'd receive an email or phone call by the end of the week. Still having faith in my dreams and hoping someday (SOON!) my rainbow will come smiling through!

I just got the rejection email for Rooms & Related Management, saying that it was "no longer available". I'm still waiting for word about retail.

Got this email today:

"Thank you for applying for a Disney Professional Internship!

The hiring leaders of the internship(s) that you have applied for are still in the process of finalizing their decisions.

Again, thank you so much for applying and we appreciate your patience!

Disney Professional Recruiting"

The internship is still on my workbench, so fingers crossed!

Got this email today:

"Thank you for applying for a Disney Professional Internship!

The hiring leaders of the internship(s) that you have applied for are still in the process of finalizing their decisions.

Again, thank you so much for applying and we appreciate your patience!

Disney Professional Recruiting"

The internship is still on my workbench, so fingers crossed!

Which one was it for?

I posted this on facebook, but wanted to share it here for all those not on facebook, because it is an interesting and frustrating story. So last night I emailed my recruiter and told her I hadn't heard back because she told me to wait till then and let her know and she would get on it. I get a call at about 3:10 az time, which is about 5:10 fl time from the lady I've been calling for nearly 2 weeks, my phone strangely didn't ring so I got the message about 10 mins later and so I get a lovely message from her telling me that we've been playing a serious game of phone tag, since this is the only time she has called me back, and my recruiter told her i've tried numerous times but apparently she has only gotten one of my 3 messages I have left for her. She says she has good news for me about youth events, my top pick PI. Since it took my phone a while to get the message I decided to be a good girl and wait till school got out a few minutes laterso that my students don't see my phone(since they aren't allowed!). She said if I got the message in the next 20 minutes to give her a call. I called her as soon as I heard the message right after the bell rang and the students left. I barely missed her by like 5 minutes, so now I get to wait until monday to find out my good news! I like how she waited until the end of her day to call me, i can tell she has been trying real hard to contact me!(note the sarcasm!) I just want to ask her if she got the email this morning why did she wait till she was about to go home to call me? But I will be a good girl and try to be more patient! Happy Friday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter