January 2009 PI Applicants

Jana928

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! I thought that I would go ahead and start the thread for anyone that is going to be applying for the January 2009 Professional Internships at Walt Disney World! Yeah!! Anyway, I know that most of the internships are not available on the website yet, but I thought that this would be a good place for people to talk about any questions or concerns that they have, the internships that they will be applying to, how the interview process is treating them, etc.

So...to start off. I am Jana. I will be a senior this year at the University of Florida. I did the Fall Advantage Program 2005. I was a Recreation Hostess at Wilderness Lodge, Fort Wilderness, and the Contemporary. I also drove the Fireworks Cruises for Wishes. It was AMAZING. I am going to be applying for the Events Assistant-Magic Kingdom, Cast Special Events, and College & International Operations-Event Planning. I am so excited and so nervous!

So, now it is your turn. :)

Hi everyone! I thought that I would go ahead and start the thread for anyone that is going to be applying for the January 2009 Professional Internships at Walt Disney World! Yeah!! Anyway, I know that most of the internships are not available on the website yet, but I thought that this would be a good place for people to talk about any questions or concerns that they have, the internships that they will be applying to, how the interview process is treating them, etc.

So...to start off. I am Jana. I will be a senior this year at the University of Florida. I did the Fall Advantage Program 2005. I was a Recreation Hostess at Wilderness Lodge, Fort Wilderness, and the Contemporary. I also drove the Fireworks Cruises for Wishes. It was AMAZING. I am going to be applying for the Events Assistant-Magic Kingdom, Cast Special Events, and College & International Operations-Event Planning. I am so excited and so nervous!

So, now it is your turn. :)

I am Justin, although I won't be applying for Jan PI's, I will be applying for those in June, specifically rooms and related ( Hotel Mgmt). I am going back to RIT for my masters in hospitality-tourism mgmt, so hopefully that added degree will lend credibility to me, and my potential of managing a high value resort, such as those at WDW. I did the CP in 2005 in QSFB at MK, and I am also doing my second tour of duty as a campus rep, so hopefully I can get it. I may also try and apply for other areas, maybe DEG, or Operations.

Hey! I am a campus rep as well. I have been doing it for the past 3 semesters. My major is Recreation, Parks, and Tourism with specializations in Recreation and Event Management and Tourism and Hospitality Management. I am hoping that this, with my added event related work experience, will be enough to push me over the edge to get this internship.

I've decided I'm going to apply for a PI in Spring '09 as well as the CP (just in case). I've not done a CP before, so I'm hoping to find something that doesn't have that as a requirement. I'm older, 43, and in grad school for my Master's in Management. I have a B.A. in English/education and would love to be an instructor somewhere. I'm also a small business owner, so have lots of experience with product design, marketing, and sales. I've not had the chance to peruse the PI jobs, so I'm just waiting for them to be posted to make some decisions.

Graygables: Have you thought about also possibly doing one of the internships at Disneyland? Their whole program is geared to the graduate management student. Just another option that you might want to consider in addition to the college program and WDW PIs. Which internships were you thinking of applying to?

Graygables: Have you thought about also possibly doing one of the internships at Disneyland? Their whole program is geared to the graduate management student. Just another option that you might want to consider in addition to the college program and WDW PIs. Which internships were you thinking of applying to?

Disneyland isn't really doable for me at this point. I live in Ohio and still have homeschooled kids at home. My older 2 are CMs at WDW, so my plan was to live with them and have hubby bring DDs several times throughout the program to visit. We can get a direct flight from our house for pretty cheap on Southwest; flying to California would be a big no. I've also got DVC and we have a 1BR reserved for the month of January to help transition DDs and hubby to my working there.

I really have no idea what to apply for since I haven't seen the PI/MIs that are available, but something along the lines of education or management. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate them!

Disneyland isn't really doable for me at this point. I live in Ohio and still have homeschooled kids at home. My older 2 are CMs at WDW, so my plan was to live with them and have hubby bring DDs several times throughout the program to visit. We can get a direct flight from our house for pretty cheap on Southwest; flying to California would be a big no. I've also got DVC and we have a 1BR reserved for the month of January to help transition DDs and hubby to my working there.

I really have no idea what to apply for since I haven't seen the PI/MIs that are available, but something along the lines of education or management. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate them!

If you go to disneyinterns.com there is a list of most of the positions that they offer.

For education, they have
* Disney Institute Facilitation Assistant
* Disney Institute Program Assistant
* Disney Youth Education Facilitator

For management, they have
* Catering
* Culinary
* Food and Beverage
* Operations
* Recreation
* Retail
* Rooms and Related

Good luck!!!!!

I'm going to be a junior at Dartmouth College and I'm trying for a PI for Spring 09 as well, and like many others my "fallback" is the CP.

My ultimate dream is to work as an architectural or show/ride engineering designer at WDI, so I'm excited to see what positions they have available, but I'm excited for anything I could get!

Hi!!! I'll be a junior at UCF then (I'm in the process of transferring down there and making the big move right now, actually...eek!), and I'm applying for certain for Guest Relations (I've REALLLLY got my fingers crossed for this one, it's my first choice by a landslide :yay: ), and I'm also looking at Guest Talent Coordinator with Disney Event Group and Epcot Events! Good luck everyone!!!

Just thought that I would bump the thread. Anyway, they have started taking down all of the fall internships. So, hopefully that means that they will put up the spring ones soon. Here's hoping! :)

Hey everyone,

My name is Allie! I too am hoping to get a PI for the spring semester. In the past I have applied for many PIs with not so much as a phone call in return and figured that out of all the applicants, they are going to probably choose someone who has done the CP first over someone how hasn't. SOOO in August I start my CP in merchandise and I hope to meet some people, figure out more of what I would like to do within Disney and apply for some professional internships. I graduated with a BBA in Marketing about a month ago and am crossing my fingers that if I go right from a CP to a PI, I am still eligble for the PI even though I have graduated. (According to my interviewer, this shouldn't be a problem). Anyways, I would like to work for Disney long-term so I essentially have one shot at landing a PI so I gotta work hard during my CP and hopefully make some connections and good impressions!

Hello!

My name is Mariah and I think that I, too, will be applying for a January 2009 PI. I'm actually a seasonal CM with Guest Relations at the Studios, and have been since 2006 after my first PI in that area and my Spring 2003 CP. I stayed seasonal because I had to move back home to TN, but I'm looking to move back to Orlando, if not as a part of Guest Relations, then definitely something in the communications field at Disney. I'm currently a grad student in Public Relations, and am hoping for some type of Communications internship to get started in that area. Here's hoping the internship openings will be posted soon! :thumbsup2

-Mariah

hey, everyone I am hoping to apply PIs as well for the spring 2009 term. Currently I am now doing the CP program at Liberty Inn, its hard work but well worth it, I am networking seriously with my manager. I really would like to work at PI with Guest relations with disabilities or retail PI. After my program is up in January, if I don't get the PI, I plan to transfer out of qsf&b into attractions.

So....the time has come! The internships for spring are starting to be posted on the Disney Careers website. So far, the only one up is Guest Services. However, start looking for them! :cool1:

thanks for the heads up!

Question...do I need a full blown resume? If so, I've got to get cracking on it!

Also, I noticed the decision date for this in in late November. I'm going ahead and interviewing for the CP as my backup plan, so do I accept and then decline the CP if the PI comes through? (I know that's been asked before, but I just need to clarify once and for all!)

You definitely need a full blown resume.

Also, I know that there is a lot of controversy over this topic. What I would do is explain the situation to your recruiter. Ask them what they would rather have you do. That way, you will avoid any hurt feelings. I know that this is a little vague, but every recruiter is different and I am sure that they all have different philosophies on how you should handle this situation.

I know we need to have a full blown resume to apply for the PI's, but do we need to have a cover letter as well? I want to say I thought it was optional to do a cover letter, but I'm just wondering if you do one, I'm guessing it would have to be general enough to cover all the internships that you are applying for.

hey guys, i'm currently on a PI so i just went throught the long drawn out process of interviewing and waiting...if ya'll have any questions about the process just snd me a personal mess...good luck to everyone and happy waiting:thumbsup2

Hey I'm Jenn and I did my CP last year in entertainment and I am still seasonal and I am hoping to do the wedding planning PI or Special events for MK because event management is my major. Does anyone know how soon they get back to you once you have sent in your application... like your 1st interview?

07-19-2008 10:50 PM
Fantasmic1 hey guys, i'm currently on a PI so i just went throught the long drawn out process of interviewing and waiting...if ya'll have any questions about the process just snd me a personal mess...good luck to everyone and happy waiting

Hi there!

I'm new at replying on this board, but was hoping that I could find out a bit more info before applying this fall. I'm a former CP as well as a Campus Rep... just want to know more about the app process and whatnot. I would LOVE any help, and was hoping you could answer a few of my questions!

Thanks so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter