Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

I was at AKL for dinner on Thursday night. We like to get there early to look at the animals. I got bit several times on my legs by this. On Friday, my bites were welts and very itchy. Today, my bites are oozing blisters. My husband has not a single bite!

Beware of the yellow flies!
I was at AKV last week and I got 3 bad fly bites too. They itched like crazy and then blistered and oozed. My DH also did not get a single bite. I brought some Benadryl cream but they opened up and oozed before I could treat them, so I used some Neosporin and bandaids. I still have sores more than a week later.

We recently got back from our stay at AKL and we were blown away by how amazing the resort is. Had a standard view room, but we were on the Kudu Trail wing so we could partially see the savanna! Jiko was superb and it’ll be a must-do on our next trip. The only disappointment was The Mara- we didn’t love the food we got other than the zebra domes, which were life-changing.

Overall we loved it and will be looking forward to returning soon!

I was at AKV last week and I got 3 bad fly bites too. They itched like crazy and then blistered and oozed. My DH also did not get a single bite. I brought some Benadryl cream but they opened up and oozed before I could treat them, so I used some Neosporin and bandaids. I still have sores more than a week later.
The calamine spray from CVS saved me. I had 10 blisters the size of peas 24 hours later. Almost a week later my legs still look gross. And, I still get itchy when I'm having my walk. Is this an extreme reaction or what??

It happened here, on the large balcony above the fire pit.
1653484547528.png

The calamine spray from CVS saved me. I had 10 blisters the size of peas 24 hours later. Almost a week later my legs still look gross. And, I still get itchy when I'm having my walk. Is this an extreme reaction or what??

It happened here, on the large balcony above the fire pit.
View attachment 671605
I had to get antibiotics it was so bad. Unfortunately I still have a discolored patch on my leg almost 3 years later.

Does the pool at Jambo still have folks coming around taking drink orders? They had it last summer, am hoping that's still going on (dunno if it existed in my prior stays, kiddo wouldn't let me out of the pool with him long enough to see).

Does the pool at Jambo still have folks coming around taking drink orders? They had it last summer, am hoping that's still going on (dunno if it existed in my prior stays, kiddo wouldn't let me out of the pool with him long enough to see).

No. Just returned and neither pool had CM's walking around taking orders. The Polynesian still had them though...

We recently got back from our stay at AKL and we were blown away by how amazing the resort is. Had a standard view room, but we were on the Kudu Trail wing so we could partially see the savanna! Jiko was superb and it’ll be a must-do on our next trip. The only disappointment was The Mara- we didn’t love the food we got other than the zebra domes, which were life-changing.

Overall we loved it and will be looking forward to returning soon!

My only complaint about AKL is The Mara. I've stayed here half a dozen times, and never liked the food choices.

Hoping someone can answer a quick question for me - on our first 2 trips to AKL (2017 and 2018) we had a Deluxe Studio in Jambo Villas and loved it, but for our upcoming trip in August it looked like they weren't booking any rooms in the Jambo Villas so we just have a "standard" savanna view. When they say "Animal Kingdom Lodge" but don't specifically mention Kidani or Jambo where will we end up staying? Is Kidani only DVC/Villas so we'll be in Jambo as before (meaning the only thing we'll be missing is the mini kitchenette from our previous stays)?

Hoping someone can answer a quick question for me - on our first 2 trips to AKL (2017 and 2018) we had a Deluxe Studio in Jambo Villas and loved it, but for our upcoming trip in August it looked like they weren't booking any rooms in the Jambo Villas so we just have a "standard" savanna view. When they say "Animal Kingdom Lodge" but don't specifically mention Kidani or Jambo where will we end up staying? Is Kidani only DVC/Villas so we'll be in Jambo as before (meaning the only thing we'll be missing is the mini kitchenette from our previous stays)?

Unless you booked a studio or villa, then you are in Jambo.

You will also be missing the couch, we stayed in Savanna view room in Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House, we had had two queen beds, and only a small table with two chairs, and a coffee station near the wardrobe closet. Maybe a king room has a different setup.

Awww, I will miss the couch/coffee table. Such a nice place to enjoy a beverage with the sliding door opening listening to the savanna sounds.

Awww, I will miss the couch/coffee table. Such a nice place to enjoy a beverage with the sliding door opening listening to the savanna sounds.
I know what you mean, I always enjoy having something other than the bed and and a hard chair to sit on. It's nice to have something else to relax on during your stay.

We are checking into Jambo on Saturday. I'm seeing on the app that Mara doesn't start breakfast until 7:30. That seems late given park hours. Can anyone confirm that opening time for breakfast?

We are checking into Jambo on Saturday. I'm seeing on the app that Mara doesn't start breakfast until 7:30. That seems late given park hours. Can anyone confirm that opening time for breakfast?

That sounds right if they haven't changed it from May when I was there. I find it ridiculous that nothing is open early enough to rope drop at the parks. I ended up eating Gideon's cookies and coffee in the room each morning before leaving for the parks. Yeah, not a healthy breakfast, but I wasn't wasting valuable park time waiting in line at the parks when they opened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter