Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Arriving in 11 days!!!

We are staying Club Level (non DVC), so I know we will be overlooking the Arusha savanna, either on the Kudu Trail or the Zebra Trail - is one better than the other? Any major differences? Going to put in a room request!

Please help, I’ll be arriving on Jan 12th to celebrate my 11yr olds birthday. She’s a animal lover and loves this resort. I booked a standard room though. Is there a way to get a room with a partial savanna view? Can I request a particular room number if anyones knows of a standard room with sone sort of view? I know requests aren’t guaranteed but I would like to try. Thanks in advance!

Please help, I’ll be arriving on Jan 12th to celebrate my 11yr olds birthday. She’s a animal lover and loves this resort. I booked a standard room though. Is there a way to get a room with a partial savanna view? Can I request a particular room number if anyones knows of a standard room with sone sort of view? I know requests aren’t guaranteed but I would like to try. Thanks in advance!
Even if you end up in a room with no savanna view, there are so many places around the resort to stop and watch the animals. It's not nearly as convenient as doing it from your own balcony, but some of the overlooks and observation areas are very nice. If you go to the pool, there are lookouts from either pool that are very good for animal watching.

...there are standard rooms on Zebra Trail that have partial views of animals/savannah, with a view of the 'people pen'....

When we were taking our young animal-loving niece, we asked for a 3rd floor room close to the lobby. There is a wonderful sitting room and balcony right off of the lobby, and it was close enough for her to be able to go often, and has fabulous views of the animals.

Do the new remodeled rooms still have the bunk beds? If so, how many rooms? We definitely do not want to end up with bunk beds!

Anyone know if the Kidani pool already closed for the refurb? Also, do we know if the kids splash area is also closed with the pool? Have a short trip 1/20-1/24 and my DD loves the play area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter