Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Just returned from a great stay at AKL Jambo. Boma was outstanding for us and the woodcarvers at the gift shop carved us a custom animal which we thought was so cool and special. The hotel cast members were very kind and helpful. We had some issues with genie plus and the buses, and was way too cold for our liking but still an amazing long weekend! We used TP to request a room (standard view) and received an awesome view step from the lobby, all the animals came by and it was so fun to watch them. View attachment 641688View attachment 641689View attachment 641690
Great photos! What was the room number?

Just returned from a great stay at AKL Jambo. Boma was outstanding for us and the woodcarvers at the gift shop carved us a custom animal which we thought was so cool and special. The hotel cast members were very kind and helpful. We had some issues with genie plus and the buses, and was way too cold for our liking but still an amazing long weekend! We used TP to request a room (standard view) and received an awesome view step from the lobby, all the animals came by and it was so fun to watch them.
Thanks for sharing your amazing photos! Which room did you request? So glad to hear you had a wonderful experience at AKL.

I requested 3322. I also called to pay the reservation off with gift cards a few days prior and said we’d be very grateful for a partial savannah view on the lobby floor, close to the lobby so not sure which request they followed. We were assigned 3132 on the Ostrich Trail and it was fantastic, the animals were very active and the location was super convenient.

Do you (or anyone else know) if there are places outside to sit and eat a meal we pick up from Sanaa? We have an ADR but I'm going to give that up in place of ordering via mobile ordering and find a location outdoors to sit. Bonus if we can see animals!!

Thanks!

If I remember correctly there is a room that has tables (like a sitting room kind of like the sun room area at the Beach Club) down the hallway from Sanaa. I think it is just past the restrooms.

Just returned from a great stay at AKL Jambo. Boma was outstanding for us and the woodcarvers at the gift shop carved us a custom animal which we thought was so cool and special. The hotel cast members were very kind and helpful. We had some issues with genie plus and the buses, and was way too cold for our liking but still an amazing long weekend! We used TP to request a room (standard view) and received an awesome view step from the lobby, all the animals came by and it was so fun to watch them. View attachment 641688View attachment 641689View attachment 641690
Do you mind me asking what room number? We are also standard view in March

If I remember correctly there is a room that has tables (like a sitting room kind of like the sun room area at the Beach Club) down the hallway from Sanaa. I think it is just past the restrooms.
Thanks. Do you know if it's indoors or outdoors? We're avoiding eating inside as much as we can so I decided to cancel our reservation and get mobile order instead

Thanks. Do you know if it's indoors or outdoors? We're avoiding eating inside as much as we can so I decided to cancel our reservation and get mobile order instead
Best place to eat outdoors at AKL is at Jambo outside of the Mara (QS). You could get your take out and take the shuttle back to Jambo or walk.
I don't recall any good outdoor eating areas at Kidani except maybe the pool area.

Best place to eat outdoors at AKL is at Jambo outside of the Mara (QS). You could get your take out and take the shuttle back to Jambo or walk.
I don't recall any good outdoor eating areas at Kidani except maybe the pool area.
Thanks so much for this. We are not staying at AKL so are not allowed into the pool area as it’s for AKL guests only.

I appreciate you sharing that it’s best to walk back to Jambo and eat there. Helpful info. Thanks!

Thanks so much for this. We are not staying at AKL so are not allowed into the pool area as it’s for AKL guests only.

I appreciate you sharing that it’s best to walk back to Jambo and eat there. Helpful info. Thanks!

Pre-COVID, there was a shuttle van between Kidani and Jambo. You could ride it without having to show proof that you were staying at one of those hotels. If they resumed it after COVID, and if it happens to be there after you get your food, you could ride it over to Jambo rather than walking. If you would have to wait, you might prefer to walk. And based on your COVID comfort level, you might not want to get in a van with other people. Also, watch out for wet seats left by people wearing bathing suits. (At least I hope that's why some of the seats were wet when we rode it years back.)

If you are interested... we had some great take out meals at Olivia's at OKW. There is a mini boardwalk outside of the restaurant, set up with tables. Olivia's also has an outdoor section if you want to dine in as well.

Pre-COVID, there was a shuttle van between Kidani and Jambo. You could ride it without having to show proof that you were staying at one of those hotels. If they resumed it after COVID, and if it happens to be there after you get your food, you could ride it over to Jambo rather than walking. If you would have to wait, you might prefer to walk. And based on your COVID comfort level, you might not want to get in a van with other people. Also, watch out for wet seats left by people wearing bathing suits. (At least I hope that's why some of the seats were wet when we rode it years back.)

The shuttle still runs, that's how we got to Sanaa in December!

It was indoors. I don't think it is used very much we were there during the lunch rush waiting for our table at Sanaa and no one else came in during the 20 minutes we were there. I think there was an outside area connect but I don't know if there were tables or if it was just for viewing animals.

Does anyone know if I can get pull-ups at Jambo/Kidani? And if so, how much they are?

It was indoors. I don't think it is used very much we were there during the lunch rush waiting for our table at Sanaa and no one else came in during the 20 minutes we were there. I think there was an outside area connect but I don't know if there were tables or if it was just for viewing animals.
Thank you! That sounds like a great option for us to check out! A view of the animals and if inside, fairly quiet. We'll look for this for sure. Thank you!

Thank you! That sounds like a great option for us to check out! A view of the animals and if inside, fairly quiet. We'll look for this for sure. Thank you!
I'll also add that the shuttle is not a bad option between the 2 resorts if you wind up trying to eat outside of The Mara. This past July, we asked the bell services person working outside about the shuttle one night going from Jambo to Kidani and they called it to come get us. Took about 5 minutes. We did share a ride on it with a couple of cast members headed to work at Kidani, but we all were masked and it was a quick trip. There are definitely plenty of tables available outside of The Mara.

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJhEXFAVqRLtK_3wCY9IWz9QqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJjWZ6k4eQvzG3QOR4XRfMrHVZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJjm05wGAeZ7L3MPXokLJ3WWVZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJiI0xhnVQkg9umdRfLgIEFEldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJhLwSIB86oXVdZEm2125e965cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJimpj5TEo7d7-Fm7Xzo9pNlaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJhBRStVTssTN_TacJN329V9Kwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJiaa2unf6_dRfknWmxYSreTrnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJiZOoakIM4QlOB39fIdPkuRaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJhVWMvD3o5ncSoep6mm8LGcaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA

....our stay didn't start off too cool, but we did have a happy ending...and, yes, it WAS a bit too cold!
Jambo or Kidani? Sorry you didn’t have a great start to your trip. I know you were really looking forward to it. But, yay for the happy ending!

The tables and chairs outside of the Mara at Jambo are not inside the fenced pool area. You would be able to sit there with no problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter