Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

I’ve actually done two trips to Jambo post-Covid and will be there again next week. Some folks have returned from stays complaining about the lack of amenities and a tomb-like feel. For me, the quiet has been a rare treat and something I’m looking forward to one last time before the reopening of the full resort next month with all the hustle and bustle of activity that you would normally find there.

By the time you visit in September, I would expect much more will reopen and things will be in full swing. It is such a special place… I’m sure you will make some wonderful memories!:cloud9:
I wondered if it felt ghost-town-y from what some have said. Did it to you?

I wondered if it felt ghost-town-y from what some have said. Did it to you?
[/QUOTE
Absolutely. You walk into that huge lobby and can hear your voice echo LOL

Remember... since the reopening last year, the major portion of the resort has been and remains closed. The fact that The Mara is open at all will be new for me... I was there last November and in March when it was still closed... it only opened limited hours and menu last spring.

It's all about managing expectations. I like the solitude and quiet... got enough action going on in RL! The pool is open and with so few guests a real treat to use. And you never need to wait for an elevator! Food isn't an issue if you plan. I do an Instacart order, eat in the parks, DS, and do delivery. Having The Mara will be a bonus!

I'll be interested to see next week whether there is evidence of them prepping for reopening. Jambo will return to being Jambo with all the excitement and chaos that brings... and I really do look forward to that return to normal... but will definitely look back on these stays as special.

We are staying at Jambo, July 9-18.

Where are the refillable mug stations and what are the hours?
Trying to decide if we buy mugs or not

TIA

We are staying at Jambo, July 9-18.

Where are the refillable mug stations and what are the hours?
Trying to decide if we buy mugs or not

TIA

I asked this a few pages back- for the same reason! We will be there the 11-18! :)

Anyone there now or just back that can say what the situation is on refillable mugs at Jambo? Is there a place to refill them or do you have to go to Kidani? Thinking about them for our trip for am coffee/ afternoon tea or soda.

We just got back from a Kidani stay yesterday, but visited Jambo also. The gift shop at Kidani did have half gallons of milk every day we were there. At Jambo you can fill your mugs at the Mara if open (not currently for lunch) or at the pool bar. Kidani you can fill them in the gift shop or at the self-fill station at the pool bar there.

I’ve actually done two trips to Jambo post-Covid and will be there again next week. Some folks have returned from stays complaining about the lack of amenities and a tomb-like feel. For me, the quiet has been a rare treat and something I’m looking forward to one last time before the reopening of the full resort next month with all the hustle and bustle of activity that you would normally find there.

By the time you visit in September, I would expect much more will reopen and things will be in full swing. It is such a special place… I’m sure you will make some wonderful memories!:cloud9:
I have been to Mexico where the resort was like a ghost town and absolutely love it. I am sure if it is quiet at AKL I will cherish it even more. I go with an open mind wherever I travel so there will be no complaints from me. If we travel during these times then we need to be open to anything.

Sorry if this is posted somewhere and I just missed it, but when will non-DVC visitors be able to book Jambo House Deluxe Studios again? I've been looking out as far as July/Aug 22 and it always shows no availability.

Sorry if this is posted somewhere and I just missed it, but when will non-DVC visitors be able to book Jambo House Deluxe Studios again? I've been looking out as far as July/Aug 22 and it always shows no availability.

People who don't own DVC should be able to book Jambo House studios now on the Disney World website. I don't think they were blocked due to COVID.

However,

a) AKV rooms have been "declared" into DVC inventory. Disney only owns a small number of them.

b) Typically, DVC rooms cannot be booked more than 11 months out. July 2022 can't be booked until August 2021.

c) Lots of DVC owners have excess points because they couldn't or wouldn't travel earlier in the pandemic. They are using their own points to book DVC rooms, which leaves less excess inventory for Disney to use.

Edited to add: Some DVC owners have been reporting that they are getting calls saying they can't have the DVC room that they booked, and they will be given a hotel room instead. Nobody knows what's up yet. Maintenance? Disney's desire to give the rooms to VIPs? Who knows.

Last edited:
We're booked for our first stay at AKL. One standard room and one standard room - king. We were booked at Coronado and I upgraded us and my parents as a surprise to them and my kids. 9/29-10/3

Anyone else noticing some wonky availability on the WDW site? This morning, AKL had all room categories apart from suites available for my dates in Nov and now it’s showing as no availability. Could be a glitch, because I’ve definitely seen some odd things when looking up availability in the past few months. Example: Try to book 3 nights at a specific resort and be told there is nothing. Expand the search to 7 nights (including the original 3 you tried for) and miraculously a room is available lol.

Anyone else noticing some wonky availability on the WDW site? This morning, AKL had all room categories apart from suites available for my dates in Nov and now it’s showing as no availability. Could be a glitch, because I’ve definitely seen some odd things when looking up availability in the past few months. Example: Try to book 3 nights at a specific resort and be told there is nothing. Expand the search to 7 nights (including the original 3 you tried for) and miraculously a room is available lol.
Same thing happened to me this morning for my week in October. There is no way every resort is full

Same thing happened to me this morning for my week in October. There is no way every resort is full
I think it’s a glitch. And it appears to be limited to the Animal Kingdom Area Resorts. Other than All Star Movies, I can’t get even a single night of availability at AKL, AKV Jambo, AKV Kidani, CSR, ASSports or ASMusic ANY month from Aug 2021 and into 2022.

I think it’s a glitch. And it appears to be limited to the Animal Kingdom Area Resorts. Other than All Star Movies, I can’t get even a single night of availability at AKL, AKV Jambo, AKV Kidani, CSR, ASSports or ASMusic ANY month from Aug 2021 and into 2022.
I think you are right. I just searched AKL and nothing available at all through mid 2022

I am working on booking a trip for my family (4 adults, 2 kids - ages 4 & 7) for 12/16-12/24. Room options are limited due to pent-up demand, and we're currently deciding between one room for all of us or two rooms. This decision hinges on the bathrooms. We can get a one-bedroom suite at AKL (not AKV). I cannot for the life of me find a floor plan for these (apparently rare) one-bedroom suites at AKL. Does anyone know about the bathroom(s) for these??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter