Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Switched our res this morning to AKL. December 4 - 9!
December
11/28 - 12/2 tcrandal - Kidani
12/4 - 12/9 firedust - AKL
12/09 - 12/09 Sadeesmom - Kidani
12/10 - 12/11 Sadeesmom - Jambo
12/10 - 12/20 sndral - AKL
12/12 - 12/19 Brook~n~Matt - AKL

I'm in! Savanna View King Bed 8/25-29/2022 just before my cruise on the Disney Wish!!
August
7/28 - 8/4 sticker231 - Kidani
8/5 - 8/19 ThinkBelieveDream&Dare Jambo
8/15 - 8/22 GinnyBear's_mom - AKL
8/17 - 8/21 Wayland10 - Kidani
8/18 - 8/25 myth2001 AKL
8/25 - 8/28 Ecomommy09 - Kidani
8/25- 8/29 Dug720 - AKL
8/27 - 8/30 myth2001 - AKL
8/30 - 9/3 Naglejen - Kidani

August
7/28 - 8/4 sticker231 - Kidani
8/5 - 8/19 ThinkBelieveDream&Dare Jambo
8/15 - 8/22 GinnyBear's_mom - AKL
8/17 - 8/21 Wayland10 - Kidani
8/18 - 8/25 myth2001 AKL
8/25 - 8/28 Ecomommy09 - Kidani
8/25- 8/29 Dug720 - AKL
8/27 - 8/30 myth2001 - AKL
8/30 - 9/3 Naglejen - Kidani

Mine is 2022...just making sure. :)

We booked savanna view for October! We stayed club level last time and were pretty close to the elevator. Are all savanna view semi close? Just do not want to walk all the way down those hallways!
I assume you booked a cash room at Jambo? If so, not all savanna view cash rooms are close to the lobby. You might request Zebra trail since those rooms are on the pool/Mara side of the resort & thus considered more convenient by some, or request close to lobby.

How are the standard view rooms? Are they really far away? Worth paying for savanna view ?

In many/most cases, the Standard View could be directly across the hall from a Savanna View. So some will be closer and some will be further out. Some have a partial Savanna View (or did before COVID - not sure if they are doing any reclassification), but that would be a request only. So if a Savanna View is important to you, I would book that rather than hoping a request for a partial view (because I'm pretty sure most people who know about them make that request) comes through.

Whether Savanna View is worth it to you is personal. It is to me because I like the view and the animals. It may not be for you if you're not going to be in your room a lot and/or are fine with leaving your room to see them.

We just booked AKL- Jambo for September. It’ll be our baby’s first trip to Disney and our first trip back since 2019. Previously, we were going almost every month (FL passholders) so to say we are excited is an understatement.

I booked a pool view room but am wondering if there are any requests I should try to make given we have a 1-year-old who still naps during the day and goes to bed early. Would an upper floor be quieter? Should I request closer to the lobby or another location to be closer to the lobby and/or pool? That said, if we have to choose, a quieter room is more important to us than having short walks— we don’t mind walking!

Has their been any word on Boma or Jiko opening when the resort re-opens in August?

Nothing yet but I have my fingers crossed
Us too! We have a 1 bedroom villa reserved for Club in Oct and I believe that Boma and Jiko need to be open in order for the Club to be open. Plus I love to eat at Boma and it just would not be the same with it closed!

I just hope they bring it back the way it was and don't make it family style.
Family style in club would suck but would be better than pre-packaged food which is what one of the rumors is saying!

Now in terms of Boma ....... there is such a variety of food there that I can not imagine trying to do that family style. I love the Pod concept and not having to wait through a whole line to get the 2 or 3 things you need more of! It was always a must do on our trips and we often did a breakfast and a dinner!

I booked the Jambo House for 6/23-25. in the Kilamajro room. So am confused. Hopefully they will be open

How did this turn out for you? We are booked through dvc at Jambo house end of July and I’m wondering- is there anything open to eat/do/see outside the walls of the rooms ?? lol

Rumor From Len Testa of Touring Plans/ Unofficial Guide: Boma and Jikko WILL reopen with the rest of Jambo house in August. His source has to remain anonymous.

Fingers crossed!

I'm still worried that they're going to mess with Boma and it won't be a buffet anymore. Have any of the restaurants that used to be buffet re-opened as buffets? I just don't see how they could change it to anything else, but who knows?

Fingers crossed!

I'm still worried that they're going to mess with Boma and it won't be a buffet anymore. Have any of the restaurants that used to be buffet re-opened as buffets? I just don't see how they could change it to anything else, but who knows?

None have reopened as buffets.

I wish I could be hopeful but AYCTE seems the way they are going… even those restaurants with distinctive menus like O’Hana, Tusker House, Cape May Cafe. If they wanted to, there is no reason they could not do the same with Boma.

I’d really, really like to be wrong… but I’m not particularly hopeful.

I just do not see Boma as any thing but a Pod/Buffet place. They had such a huge offering and variety of foods that it would just not be the even similar as a family style!

Perhaps they could have a server at each pod/station to serve the food you pick to you. That would work for me but please do not limit the offerings! Boma is a must do for us on every trip for at least two meals, a breakfast and a dinner!
Fingers crossed!

None have reopened as buffets.

I wish I could be hopeful but AYCTE seems the way they are going… even those restaurants with distinctive menus like O’Hana, Tusker House, Cape May Cafe. If they wanted to, there is no reason they could not do the same with Boma.

I’d really, really like to be wrong… but I’m not particularly hopeful.

I just do not see Boma as any thing but a Pod/Buffet place. They had such a huge offering and variety of foods that it would just not be the even similar as a family style!

Perhaps they could have a server at each pod/station to serve the food you pick to you. That would work for me but please do not limit the offerings! Boma is a must do for us on every trip for at least two meals, a breakfast and a dinner!
From your lips to God’s ears!

As I said, I would love to see it come back in some semblance of what it was. Thus far, though, Disney has really decimated the buffets by turning them all into ATCTE… or prize fix with separate dishes like CP, H & V and can’t help but wonder if this is a temporary Covid accommodation or whether this will turn into a long term shift. :guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter