Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Can anyone give an update on the frequency of the park bus transportation right now? I'm reading that some people are waiting 40+ minutes for busses at different resorts but haven't seen any specific input as to AKL busses.

I was thinking of booking a dvc room at jambo in December a week before xmas, but the lack of amenities is concerning and dont want to waste the points. Does anyone think they'll be open by then? Or are we expecting 2022?

I was thinking of booking a dvc room at jambo in December a week before xmas, but the lack of amenities is concerning and dont want to waste the points. Does anyone think they'll be open by then? Or are we expecting 2022?
Which amenities are you looking for? The Mara is starting to open for dinner now and I can only assume by the 50th in Oct everything will be back to open unless something drastic happens in the mean time

Which amenities are you looking for? The Mara is starting to open for dinner now and I can only assume by the 50th in Oct everything will be back to open unless something drastic happens in the mean time
Victoria falls, jiko and boma, along with the gift shop.

I am booked June 19-21. Happy Father's day. Jambo
June
5/29 - 6/5 AliceIn Kidani
5/31 - 6/8 Bluegoat - Jambo
6/7 - 6/10 Kerr84 - Kidani
6/19 - 6/21 lelesmith11 - Jambo
6/23 - 6/25 Tinkerbelle83 - Kidani
6/23 - 6/27 Calminthestorm - Jambo
6/25 - 7/1 DisneyDiana - Jambo
6/27 - 7/2 sabrecmc - AKL

I miss Jambo being open so much. I’m having serious withdrawals. Just want to go to Boma and stay at the lodge with everything open. :sad:

Was at Jumbo 3/20 to 3/27, this has always been my wifes favorite resort. To say the least it was a major disappointment. There was not the usual vibrant vibe one usually gets when entering the lobby. Too much closed. Not enough food choices. The best resort gift shop still closed. Just a big let down. Will not go back here until they open it back up.

Trying to game out costs of rental car vs Uber/Lyft. does anyone know approx how much ride shares are from AKL to each of the four parks?

Wow is Jambo house a ghost town. So odd. It’s like they’re purposely trying to keep it quiet/dead. I didn’t detect any music playing in the lobby, there were very few CMs and the ones I interacted with seemed annoyed. I can’t imagine what it was like before The Mara was open, like where could you even buy water without lugging over to Kidani? Also, what would be the harm in staffing one bartender at Victoria Falls for afternoon/evening hours? Surely even a few drinks sold would pay their hourly wage. Seems like an easy way to at least give your guests one more option. If you’re looking for an extremely quiet and low key stay you won’t be disappointed.

Kidani on the other hand was very busy. There was routinely a wait to get into the gift shop and Sanaa’s walk up list was at capacity the few times I checked. Even the to go option took an hour plus, then another 15-20 minutes for the food to be prepared.

I hadn’t stayed here in years and it was nice to see the grounds again. I look forward to it’s official reopening with Boma, Jiko and Victoria Falls bringing this place back to life.

How was the pool situation been at AKL? Considering staying here end of August with my wife and two boys (7 and 5) but I'm a little leery of the fact that it seems like everything at the resort is closed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter