Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Thanks. still trying to figure all the changes out. there isn't a sticky somewhere that lists all the updated changes is there?
I know they are not doing luggage delivery and now I know package delivery.

I thought I read in the above link you can have them hold packages at the park and then pick it up before you leave.

Are there any DVC villas on the 6th floor of Ostrich or Giraffe trail ? Or are those regular hotel rooms?

Are there any DVC villas on the 6th floor of Ostrich or Giraffe trail ? Or are those regular hotel rooms?
6th floor has the DVC club rooms. There are very few DVC club rooms, like 10 I think, so I don't know if there are non-DVC club rooms on that floor, or just few rooms. Non-DVC club hotel rooms are on 4th mostly I think. 5th floor is all DVC.

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but I think the sixth floor is only the rooms that essentially would overlook the lobby when you come out of your door. So they aren’t actually on one of the trails. Some of the concierge rooms overlooked the pool area and some overlook the sunset Savannah

I could be wrong, but I think the sixth floor is only the rooms that essentially would overlook the lobby when you come out of your door. So they aren’t actually on one of the trails. Some of the concierge rooms overlooked the pool area and some overlook the sunset Savannah
I thought that too, but didn't know.

I was looking at this map
http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5.php
And wonder if all or which part is DVC on the 6th floor.
That map doesn't actually show 6th floor. There is a clickable link, but it is still just 5th floor. I do know the 6th floor rooms 6202, 6203, 6205, 6206, 6208, 6209, 6401, 6402, 6405, 6406 are the DVC club rooms. I don't think there are any other rooms on 6th floor, but not sure.

I can’t speak for any of the other areas of the hotel just based on the places we’ve actually stayed. But the ostrich trail has no sixth floor.

The 6th floor is all DVC and those rooms all face the lobby (either pool or Savannah view.)

They are 2-bedroom lockoffs that most often book as studios and 1-bedrooms.

There are no Ostrich or Giraffe trails on the 6th floor. In fact, no Kudu or Zebra trails either!

Oh! I always assume the whole 6th floor is like all the other floors but where all the Club Level hotel rooms are located (for hotel guests paying by cash). I have only been up there on one trip for one night, we didn't go anywhere except to the lounge. So whole lounge is just for those DVC club level villas?

Oh! I always assume the whole 6th floor is like all the other floors but where all the Club Level hotel rooms are located (for hotel guests paying by cash). I have only been up there on one trip for one night, we didn't go anywhere except to the lounge. So whole lounge is just for those DVC club level villas?

There are only those 10 rooms on the 6th floor. They all overlook the lobby, the 6th floor is NOT a full floor.

No, the lounge is for the 6th floor DVC club level rooms as well as the regular club level rooms (I believe those that book regular club level rooms at AKL are all placed on the 4th floor).

I am trying to plan a trip for early July and I would like to know what building is the closest to the bus stop or are there a few bus stops? I haven't found a resort layout map. Thank you.

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2021 & 2022
If you have any updates please let me know…
January
1/26 - 2/6 Elsaalltheway - AKL
February
March
3/21 - 3/26 karen4546 - AKL
April
4/4 - 4/10 mom23guys2 - Jambo
4/11 - 4/17 kayteekt - AKL
May
5/2 - 5/6 Tinkerbelle83 - AKV
5/25 - 5/29 MickeyT - AKL
June
6/23 - 6/25 Tinkerbelle83 - Kidani
6/23 - 6/27 Calminthestorm - Jambo
July
7/11 - 7/19 preemiemama - AKV Jambo
August
September
October

November
December

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter