Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

I just submitted my touring plans room request but I'm not sure I did it right. Did you specify a room or just the information you posted above?
You have to specify a room number, but in the body of the email just explained why I had requested that room number and if unavailable, my preferences in order were:
Savannah view
Renovated
King bed preferred but 2 Queens ok
Location to bus and lobby least important.

Is there anyone in house at the moment? Is the October activities guide out? Does it mention what’s happening on Halloween night?
If not, does anyone know when we find out? Do we find out what character goes to which resort or is it all a surprise?

Is there anyone in house at the moment? Is the October activities guide out? Does it mention what’s happening on Halloween night?
If not, does anyone know when we find out? Do we find out what character goes to which resort or is it all a surprise?

Always a surprise.

Update: Looks like the October resort activities are now posted. Not really too much on the Halloween events for Animal Kingdom detailing the Halloween Spooktacular activities through the day at the pool areas.

Orlando Theme Park News normally posts the resort activities guides each month. They haven't updated the page for October yet but we keep refreshing in hopes of finding out if the Halloween activities are listed.

https://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/recreational-calendars.html

Last edited:

For Jambo House it's (407) 938-4799
For Kidani it's (407) 938-7474

You should fax any requests 5 days prior to arrival. If you Google it, you'll find some sample faxes for wording.
I just faxed it to the number for Jambo House and it didn't go through. Can anyone confirm if this number is still good? 407-938-4799.

Thank you!

I just faxed it to the number for Jambo House and it didn't go through. Can anyone confirm if this number is still good? 407-938-4799.

Thank you!
I read somewhere on the board that they no longer accept request faxes at the resorts....or was that just faxes from TP?

We just got home from an amazing stay at AKL. I booked a standard room and requested a partial Savannah View via TO aaaaand we got a full on savanna view on Kudu!
We were in the park when I got the room ready text and I was so excited but I thought it might be a mistake so I didn't mention it to anyone. When we walked in the room and saw a giraffe I teared up. It was just magic. We took a couple hundred pictures over our 5 night stay. I couldn't stop myself.
The resort itself is stunning. It was just a dream come true.

We just got home from an amazing stay at AKL. I booked a standard room and requested a partial Savannah View via TO aaaaand we got a full on savanna view on Kudu!
We were in the park when I got the room ready text and I was so excited but I thought it might be a mistake so I didn't mention it to anyone. When we walked in the room and saw a giraffe I teared up. It was just magic. We took a couple hundred pictures over our 5 night stay. I couldn't stop myself.
The resort itself is stunning. It was just a dream come true.
So glad that you got some pixie dust and had a wonderful stay! AKL is amazing! Be sure to post some pics. 😍

This resort is on our short list for our next visit. Never stayed here before so we’re a bit apprehensive about the transportation situation (we spend the most time at Magic Kingdom). Also, is it worth the cost to get a savannah room if we don’t plan on spending much time in the room during the day?

This resort is on our short list for our next visit. Never stayed here before so we’re a bit apprehensive about the transportation situation (we spend the most time at Magic Kingdom). Also, is it worth the cost to get a savannah room if we don’t plan on spending much time in the room during the day?

The bus ride from AK to MK is only about 20 minutes (was as fast as 18 minutes on a previous trip and the longest was only about 23 minutes). Transportation is something that is completely blown out of proportion amongst people who have either never stayed there or are looking for a reason to be negative about the resort. The reality is transportation can be hit or miss regardless of where you stay and really should be a non-factor when deciding where to stay.

As for the cost, that is up to you. For us, sitting on the balcony in the morning overlooking the savannah with a cup of coffee and éclair from Amourette's (we usually get a few the first night we are there and take them back with us) while my wife gets ready is a great, calm way to start the day and makes the cost well worth it. Also, it is nice to unwind after a long day in the parks by sitting out on the balcony (probably with another cup of coffee) and see what animals are around.

Hey everyone. Help me out with this. I've read on multiple websites that all renovations to the Jambo house will be completed by the end of the year. However, I've read on some other places that it won't finished until the first half of next year. Just looking for some clarification on this. Thanks!

This is my question also! I’d rather stay at the new Gran Destino or a fully renovated resort if there’s a chance that AKL renovations won’t be completed before January 2020.

With the discounts coming out today I changed from Kidani to Jambo 2/18-2/24 :D
For the $1,400 I'm saving I'd say I can live with only one bathroom in the one bedroom villa!!

Did the villas in Jambo get renovated this year as well?

I'm still in disbelief as just this morning switched to AKL standard view from POFQ. I am looking forward to reading through this thread to get the ins and outs of this beautiful resort. I booked a standard view, but it looks like we can request a savannah room during online check-in? Crazy!

I'm still in disbelief as just this morning switched to AKL standard view from POFQ. I am looking forward to reading through this thread to get the ins and outs of this beautiful resort. I booked a standard view, but it looks like we can request a savannah room during online check-in? Crazy!
Me too, me too! I'm so excited! I need to figure out what Standard view means? Where are those rooms located (obviously over the parking area or roof, but which buildings are standard). I don't care for the view, as we are going to be out a LOT and very late, but I'm still excited to be at AKL.

No Savannah View is a room type, not a request. It costs a lot extra. At AKL Standard view is usually the parking lot or you might get partial savannah if you’re lucky or pool view.

No Savannah View is a room type, not a request. It costs a lot extra. At AKL Standard view is usually the parking lot or you might get partial savannah if you’re lucky or pool view.

A PP said she booked a standard room, requested a partial savannah room and received a savannah view. Wishful thinking, I know, but was very curious to see if this even was possible?

A PP said she booked a standard room, requested a partial savannah room and received a savannah view. Wishful thinking, I know, but was very curious to see if this even was possible?
Oh sure it’s possible to be upgraded. Doesn’t hurt to be optimistic!

I just switched to AKL this morning. I was originally booked in a pref room at CBR, but a standard room at AKL was only $12.97 more with the 2020 discounts...so it seemed like a no-brainer. It's not my first time to stay at AKL. I stayed there back in 2013...booked a bunk bed room with a pool view and wound up with a bunk bed room with a really nice savanna view. In fact, I recall having three savanna options when putting in my room requests for that trip. Being in a standard room this time, room location seems to be the only thing I can request...which is understandable. Thinking close to the lobby is my best choice, but any insights or thoughts on things that may have changed since 2013 would be appreciated.

Doubt I'll have the awesome balcony view this time, but who knows...maybe I'll get one and have a new favorite AKL animal pic to top this one from our last stay (still cracks me up)...

9961172444_20885cd779_z.jpg

With the discounts coming out today I changed from Kidani to Jambo 2/18-2/24 :D
For the $1,400 I'm saving I'd say I can live with only one bathroom in the one bedroom villa!!

Did the villas in Jambo get renovated this year as well?

No. The DVC villas are not part of the current renovation. They were renovated (both Kidani and Jambo) a couple years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter