Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

I need to make a room request and since it has been so many years since I stayed in AKL I am at a loss. I booked savanah view, and have two 13 year old girls in tow. Can anyone suggest a Savannah to request, or does it really matter? These two are tickled to be staying where they can enjoy watching the animals so I know they will not care, or even know if there is a difference, but I do want to try to request a nice spot.
If you’ve booked savannah I would request being close to the pool for the 13 yr olds

I’m hoping we can stay a AKL in April. Come on big discounts! Last year we stayed in room 4555 and while it was a good 7 minute walk to front of lobby we had so many animals every morning. This is a standard view room. All the animals came each morning waiting to be fed or moved.

Good Evening (UK based :)),

Couple of questions for anybody staying in or recently stayed in the Lodge post SWGE launch please as we will be there around 10 Oct.

1. The Mara, is it actually opening at 04:15 and what is available, assuming drinks/cabinet snacks/pastries if it is?

2. What time are the buses starting for the parks based on HS at 06:00 and AK/MK at 07:00, and how busy are they :)

Thanks
Chris

Well, my husband and I just got back a couple weeks ago and we decided Jambo is definitely our home!!!...because we stayed at Kidani. :rotfl:

We rented points at Jambo in 2012 and this year only points available were at Kidani so we thought we would try it out!

Dont mistake, I still ADORE the theming and would stay there over some of the other deluxe in a heartbeat, but it doesnt hold a flame for us compared to Jambo.

I knew the hallways were long going in, I'm used to walking at Disney, heck I run half marathons at Disney and then walk the parks, but that hallway at Kidani is unbelievable! Lol. I didnt get a refillable mug because WHY would I make that walk, then back to the room, then back to the bus stop? You have to leave the front door of the lobby and walk away from the resort to actually get to the pool, which also seems disjointed and far away. Now if I had little kids, I probably would have preferred Kidani pool but Jambo is more relaxing and there are quiet spaces in the palm trees. Also, didnt think not having The Mara would be a big deal but I missed that as well. Jambo is just more condensed yet in your room you still feel secluded because of the savanna, Kidani really was literally secluded! Lol.

In the end we had a fantastic anniversary trip together, even if I was hobbling around with an injured foot by the end (this probably made that walk worse!) and I still really enjoyed it but knowing Jambo already, it just wasnt the same. I was so happy on our last night when we just went over to Jambo and had a drink at Victoria Falls before a nice dinner at Boma and then walked around the resort. It just feels like home! 🦒

Oh and if you have ever considered doing the Starlight safari at Kidani, do it! Best tour, so much fun!!

Since I made a huge post I will add some pics I took last time we stayed at Jambo!

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20190927-182612_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20190927-182612_Gallery.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 21
  • SmartSelect_20190927-182552_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20190927-182552_Gallery.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 22
  • SmartSelect_20190927-182542_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20190927-182542_Gallery.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 21
  • SmartSelect_20190927-182426_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20190927-182426_Gallery.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I’m hoping we can stay a AKL in April. Come on big discounts! Last year we stayed in room 4555 and while it was a good 7 minute walk to front of lobby we had so many animals every morning. This is a standard view room. All the animals came each morning waiting to be fed or moved.

Same here- we want to stay there in May and crossing our fingers for a good discount (and a good tax return lol)

Couple of questions for anybody staying in or recently stayed in the Lodge post SWGE launch please as we will be there around 10 Oct.

1. The Mara, is it actually opening at 04:15 and what is available, assuming drinks/cabinet snacks/pastries if it is?

2. What time are the buses starting for the parks based on HS at 06:00 and AK/MK at 07:00, and how busy are they :)

Thanks
Chris
I'm here now and I went down to Mara at 5:30 try and get coffee. They were closed and I asked when they open at the front desk and I was told 7. But other guests told me they open at 6.
We haven't gone to EEMH at HS yet so I'm not sure about the buses. We are doing that tomorrow so I'll let you know then 🤗

Thanks
Chris
I'm here now and I went down to Mara at 5:30 try and get coffee. They were closed and I asked when they open at the front desk and I was told 7. But other guests told me they open at 6.
We haven't gone to EEMH at HS yet so I'm not sure about the buses. We are doing that tomorrow so I'll let you know then 🤗

The information is all over the place! We were there 2 weeks ago and asked when it would be open at Kidani front desk because we were headed to eemh at AK. They told us 7, which sounded wrong to me since that is when the park opened. We headed over and it was open at 6, but no hot food stations(THOSE opened at 7), just muffins and premade items(which was fine). I'm not sure if that is why there is confusion or what?

The information is all over the place! We were there 2 weeks ago and asked when it would be open at Kidani front desk because we were headed to eemh at AK. They told us 7, which sounded wrong to me since that is when the park opened. We headed over and it was open at 6, but no hot food stations(THOSE opened at 7), just muffins and premade items(which was fine). I'm not sure if that is why there is confusion or what?

That is the normal opening times,

Bakery opens at 6 a.m. Breakfast served from 7 - 11 a.m

Late Aug a number of the blog sites and Disney stated the QS were going to open at 04:15 to the end of October and (02:30 on the first few days), they even had it on the earlier web site opening times, assume take up wasn't great so they have gone back to the normal times (without telling anybody :) ) was expecting that, looks like it will be room coffee/tea and pastries brought the night before, the main issue is when the busses start running, 3 females in the party of 4 so would have to get up very very early to get ready and pointless if no busses earlier than an hour before park opening, was planning based on 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours before opening.

Hello! We will be returning to AKL Nov 30th - Dec 4th. Just wondering how the room refurbishments are coming along? Also wondered if it’s still true that all buses stop at Kidani before jambo except for the Disney springs bus? Thanks so much!

Hello! We will be returning to AKL Nov 30th - Dec 4th. Just wondering how the room refurbishments are coming along? Also wondered if it’s still true that all buses stop at Kidani before jambo except for the Disney springs bus? Thanks so much!

Yes, buses stop at Kidani before Jambo except going to DS. That said, there are times that they do dispatch buses just from Jambo if it is very busy or a lot of people are going to a single park at park opening for instance, we have certainly been on MK buses in the morning that originated at Jambo and went directly to the park, but more times than not they go from Kidani to Jambo to the park.

Surprising hubby with a stay here after a few nights at Pop. Can't wait!

Oct 27 - Nov 2, 2019
(Oct 24 - 27 Pop)
October
10/1 - 10/10 wifey - AKL
10/4 - 10/6 CarolinaBlue99 - AKL
10/20 - 10/26 Ali Carlson - AKL
10/24 - 10/27 nikkita - Pop
10/26 - 11/1 melana - AKL-Jambo
10/27 - 10/30 P'colaBeachBum - AKL
10/27 - 11/2 nikkita AKL

I normally alternate years AKL/ GF & I am going to the GF for the holidays this year - but I'm also sneaking a spring trip in so you can add me:
3/29 - 4/5 sndral - AKL Jambo
April
3/29 - 4/5 andral - AKL Jambo
4/14 - 4/25 cincystamper - AKL Jambo
4/27 - 5/8 lisa12000 - AKL

Can you add my name on this date?
Thank you!!
Oops...

December
11/30 - 12/14 - Ashleylvsgoofy - AKL
11/30 - 12/10 crazycatstacy - AKL
12/1 TammyLynn33 - AKL Jambo
12/3 - 12/6 Disneyhanna - AKL
12/4 - 12/12 rangerxenos - AKL
12/5 - 12/8 MemphisVanessa - AKL CL
12/5 - 12/12 ZOOMAMA - AKL
12/7 - 12/14 NMPensFan - AKL
12/8 - 12/24 Scoobie - AKL Kidani
12/10 - 12/17 Nancyg56 - AKL
12/12 - 12/15 softballmom3 - AKL
12/13 - 12/18 Bubby4Clay - AKL Jambo
12/21 - 12/26 TinkerBelle_325 - AKL CL
12/21 - 12/28 jcthompson2 - AKL
12/26 - 12/30 elsbit - AKL CL

December
11/30 - 12/04 MinnieMouse3 - AKL
11/30 - 12/14 - Ashleylvsgoofy - AKL
11/30 - 12/10 crazycatstacy - AKL
12/1 TammyLynn33 - AKL Jambo
12/3 - 12/6 Disneyhanna - AKL
12/4 - 12/12 rangerxenos - AKL
12/5 - 12/8 MemphisVanessa - AKL CL
12/5 - 12/12 ZOOMAMA - AKL
12/7 - 12/14 NMPensFan - AKL
12/8 - 12/24 Scoobie - AKL Kidani
12/10 - 12/17 Nancyg56 - AKL
12/12 - 12/15 softballmom3 - AKL
12/13 - 12/18 Bubby4Clay - AKL Jambo
12/21 - 12/26 TinkerBelle_325 - AKL CL
12/21 - 12/28 jcthompson2 - AKL
12/26 - 12/30 elsbit - AKL CL

Well, my husband and I just got back a couple weeks ago and we decided Jambo is definitely our home!!!...because we stayed at Kidani. :rotfl:

We rented points at Jambo in 2012 and this year only points available were at Kidani so we thought we would try it out!

Dont mistake, I still ADORE the theming and would stay there over some of the other deluxe in a heartbeat, but it doesnt hold a flame for us compared to Jambo.

I knew the hallways were long going in, I'm used to walking at Disney, heck I run half marathons at Disney and then walk the parks, but that hallway at Kidani is unbelievable! Lol. I didnt get a refillable mug because WHY would I make that walk, then back to the room, then back to the bus stop? You have to leave the front door of the lobby and walk away from the resort to actually get to the pool, which also seems disjointed and far away. Now if I had little kids, I probably would have preferred Kidani pool but Jambo is more relaxing and there are quiet spaces in the palm trees. Also, didnt think not having The Mara would be a big deal but I missed that as well. Jambo is just more condensed yet in your room you still feel secluded because of the savanna, Kidani really was literally secluded! Lol.

In the end we had a fantastic anniversary trip together, even if I was hobbling around with an injured foot by the end (this probably made that walk worse!) and I still really enjoyed it but knowing Jambo already, it just wasnt the same. I was so happy on our last night when we just went over to Jambo and had a drink at Victoria Falls before a nice dinner at Boma and then walked around the resort. It just feels like home! 🦒

Oh and if you have ever considered doing the Starlight safari at Kidani, do it! Best tour, so much fun!!

Since I made a huge post I will add some pics I took last time we stayed at Jambo!

Everything you just said is what's making nervous about our upcoming stay at Kidani. Our home resort is AKL, but we've only stayed at Jambo (it's home to me) and I'm afraid that I'll be completely disappointed with Kidani while longing for my beloved Jambo. I did put in a room request for something closer to the lobby, but I'm not holding out hope. Fingers crossed it's not as bad as I think it'll be.

Now is this room at the Lodge?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter