Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

I don't know if this question has been asked, but is there any section at Jambo where you can see giraffes and/or zebras in the savanna?

....absolutely! Arusha rock has some great views....we were also in a standard room ("people pen" view) and saw both zebras and giraffes every day. It was on Zebra Trail...

....absolutely! Arusha rock has some great views....we were also in a standard room ("people pen" view) and saw both zebras and giraffes every day. It was on Zebra Trail...
Thanks for the info!
I'm wondering if I should request a specific section in my room request?

I don't know if this question has been asked, but is there any section at Jambo where you can see giraffes and/or zebras in the savanna?
The 3 larger savannas typically have both giraffes and zebras.
The middle savanna, Arusha, can be viewed from the outlook behind the lobby which is called Arusha rock. Half the rooms on Zebra and Kudu trails overlook this savanna. There are usually several giraffes and at least a pair of zebras.
Uzima savanna is on the right/pool side of the lobby. Last Dec. the giraffes on Uzima included the 2 new baby giraffes. They usually have a pair of zebras too - but not always IME. Some rooms on Zebra trail overlook Uzima savanna and there is an overlook out beyond Jambo’s pool. I'm not sure about access to that Uzima overlook for the duration of the pool closure.
Sunset savanna is the largest savanna and is to the left of the Jambo lobby and lies between Jambo and Kidani. Sunset can best be seen from the overlook behind Kidani's lobby (an easy 10 minute walk from Jambo or a quick shuttle ride.) Half the rooms on Kudu trail and some rooms on Giraffe trail front the Sunset savanna. Sunset has giraffes and also has a herd of zebras which are part of a breeding program which AK/AKL is part of.
See p. 1 post 6 of this thread for a map that helps to orient you. https://www.disboards.com/threads/jambo-the-newest-akl-information-thread.3567178/

Got my call from Guest Services regarding the email I sent...end date for pool rehab is scheduled for Dec. 4th, according to the CM who called me, so no need for me to relocate (and I'm very happy about that).

Email again. I got a call back in 24 hrs, and with good news (pool should be done before I arrive).

So sorry if this topic has been covered in depth, but is the information of the pool being re-opened by December 4 what is consistently being said by Disney? My MIL would love to stay at AKL in February, but with our group having 8 kids in it, a pool (and hopefully warm enough weather) would be nice.

Thanks in advance for the help!

The 3 larger savannas typically have both giraffes and zebras.
The middle savanna, Arusha, can be viewed from the outlook behind the lobby which is called Arusha rock. Half the rooms on Zebra and Kudu trails overlook this savanna. There are usually several giraffes and at least a pair of zebras.
Uzima savanna is on the right/pool side of the lobby. Last Dec. the giraffes on Uzima included the 2 new baby giraffes. They usually have a pair of zebras too - but not always IME. Some rooms on Zebra trail overlook Uzima savanna and there is an overlook out beyond Jambo’s pool. I'm not sure about access to that Uzima overlook for the duration of the pool closure.
Sunset savanna is the largest savanna and is to the left of the Jambo lobby and lies between Jambo and Kidani. Sunset can best be seen from the overlook behind Kidani's lobby (an easy 10 minute walk from Jambo or a quick shuttle ride.) Half the rooms on Kudu trail and some rooms on Giraffe trail front the Sunset savanna. Sunset has giraffes and also has a herd of zebras which are part of a breeding program which AK/AKL is part of.
See p. 1 post 6 of this thread for a map that helps to orient you. https://www.disboards.com/threads/jambo-the-newest-akl-information-thread.3567178/

Thanks so much for the info! So it looks like Sunset and Arusha would be our best best for giraffes, yes? Sorry for all the questions; in all of our Disney trips we've never even visited AKL so with this being our first time staying there I feel a bit out of sorts.

Thanks so much for the info! So it looks like Sunset and Arusha would be our best best for giraffes, yes? Sorry for all the questions; in all of our Disney trips we've never even visited AKL so with this being our first time staying there I feel a bit out of sorts.
No problem, AKL is a lovely resort - it’s truly unique. For a first time visit with savanna view booked I’d ask for Arusha savanna view on Zebra trail. Zebra trail is convenient to the Mara (quick service restaurant,) and the pool, and a bit closer to the buses and store. If you have a standard view booked ask for partial savanna view.

So I'm going Dec 11th-17th 2018, but at work today I was beginning to think of when I should go in 2019 and came up with Dec 2nd-11th in a Studio Savannah at Jambo... is it bad I have this planned already and can't even book it till January due to DVC? :crazy2:

Hi all! We are staying at a standard view Kidani 1 bedroom in June (under 300 days now, woot! Lol)

Anyway- do any of you know if partial savanna views are an option for that room type? Thanks!! :)

We are at AKV Jambo right now and thought I would give updated intel about bus times to get to the parks.

MK: 21 mins
HS: 12 mins
Epcot: 14 mins
AK: 5 mins

Get back from the parks is an extra 2 mins since the bus stops at Kidani first.

All in all, shorter than expected.

I am contemplating a Disney tripe that August. Can anyone tell me if the one bedroom concierge has a king bed or two queens?

Many thanks!

We are at AKV Jambo right now and thought I would give updated intel about bus times to get to the parks.

Thank you for this! I feel like the reported time is takes to get to Mk can often be grossly exaggerated (and I’m sure at times it does take longer).

there aren't any trails or anything at AKL for running/walking are there? (other than treadmills in the fitness center I mean)

We are on the last night if our 5 day stay at AKL. It truly is magical here. We are in room 3324 standard view. I requested partial Savannah View and the view is amazing! Just as good as the Savannah View room we paid for last Summer. Lots of animals all day. Lovely time, sad to be returning home tomorrow.
Is this a studio, sounds awesome! Thanks!

Thank you very much for posting your experience with the bus duration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter