Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Just called to change over there

I requested the partial view of savanna but she said these rooms are at the very end and there a bit more dark and it's like a poll is across them so you need to tip too to see anything and she said I may just be better with a standard room

Can someone please explain this a bit more to me

What is the standard view over looking

Just called to change over there

I requested the partial view of savanna but she said these rooms are at the very end and there a bit more dark and it's like a poll is across them so you need to tip too to see anything and she said I may just be better with a standard room

Can someone please explain this a bit more to me

What is the standard view over looking
Are you trying to book a DVC villa (studio/1 br./2 br./GV) or an AKL resort room?
Who did you call? If it was WDW about a regular resort room booking realize that the people who answer the phone are not at WDW and 'she' has probably never set foot on AKL property, let alone stayed in any of the AKL rooms or villas.
A standard room at Animal Kingdom Lodge could face out front towards the parking/road, face the pool but be obstructed by foliage or roofs, or could be a partial savanna view which would include those rooms at the far ends of the halls (called trails at AKL) where the savannas are narrow, or those closer to the lobby rooms that overlook what's called people pens or those that just see a small slice of Sunset savanna but are nonetheless closer to the lobby. There is no booking category called 'partial savanna view' many people book a standard view and request 'partial savanna view' hoping to see animals rather than road while paying less than the cost of paying for the more expensive savanna view booking category. There's I believe a pool view booking category which costs a bit more than a standard view, but at least you guarantee that you won't be looking at a road/parking lot.
If you are considering a DVC villa that's different so the above wouldn't apply to the villas.

Crap. I need my half-n-half in my coffee in the morning. I s'pose I can buy those little cups like you get at the convenience store, but it's just not the same! I can bring my Britta pitcher, too... grrr. Wonder how much cream I can snitch from the Mara... (JK... mostly...)
.....I don't think that it'd be too much of a problem taking some coffee cream to your room. Of course, you should be wise about it - just take enough for a cup or two, on a daily basis, as opposed to enough for your entire stay [all at once]...

We were also going to request a King room and it’s does seem as if there are just 2 one with a daybed and WC accessible.

Yeah, we really don't need an accessible room. I might call WDW reservations to see if a CM has any more info, but I am guessing they won't know much.

Are you trying to book a DVC villa (studio/1 br./2 br./GV) or an AKL resort room?
Who did you call? If it was WDW about a regular resort room booking realize that the people who answer the phone are not at WDW and 'she' has probably never set foot on AKL property, let alone stayed in any of the AKL rooms or villas.
A standard room at Animal Kingdom Lodge could face out front towards the parking/road, face the pool but be obstructed by foliage or roofs, or could be a partial savanna view which would include those rooms at the far ends of the halls (called trails at AKL) where the savannas are narrow, or those closer to the lobby rooms that overlook what's called people pens or those that just see a small slice of Sunset savanna but are nonetheless closer to the lobby. There is no booking category called 'partial savanna view' many people book a standard view and request 'partial savanna view' hoping to see animals rather than road while paying less than the cost of paying for the more expensive savanna view booking category. There's I believe a pool view booking category which costs a bit more than a standard view, but at least you guarantee that you won't be looking at a road/parking lot.
If you are considering a DVC villa that's different so the above wouldn't apply to the villas.

Thanks that's interesting that info

So just to confirm I'm on about the standard AKL rooms as we are going for 2 weeks we are priced out of pool or savanna view

So are the rooms itself that are further away still as nice inside as she made it sound like there a bit dull on the phone

So is there anything I can do to request this "partial" view ?

Do you see much from it ?

Surly it's better than over a parking lot, bit of a shame if we end up with a parking lot view as it is our honeymoon but it's just to much more for us

So just to confirm I'm on about the standard AKL rooms as we are going for 2 weeks we are priced out of pool or savanna view

So are the rooms itself that are further away still as nice inside as she made it sound like there a bit dull on the phone

Surly it's better than over a parking lot, bit of a shame if we end up with a parking lot view as it is our honeymoon but it's just to much more for us

some of the standard view rooms are quite a hike, but worth it since you have a partial savanna view. I have booked standard view every stay except when we stayed club level and always gotten partial savanna. The view and variety of animals was great. We had these beautiful birds hang out below our room all the time. There were giraffes, zebra, and so many other animals. OF course, YMMV

The rooms inside are exactly the same, no difference, she had no idea what she was talking about. When you call just say that you want to add a request to your existing reservation, once they pull up your existing reservation your request would be 'partial savanna view please'. Most people that I have seen post their partial savanna view rooms have had very nice views and have been pleased with the result, asking is certainly better than not asking.

The rooms inside are exactly the same, no difference, she had no idea what she was talking about. When you call just say that you want to add a request to your existing reservation, once they pull up your existing reservation your request would be 'partial savanna view please'. Most people that I have seen post their partial savanna view rooms have had very nice views and have been pleased with the result, asking is certainly better than not asking.

Ok I'll need to do that

Does anyone have a pic of the partial savanna view, that would be really helpful

Ok I'll need to do that

Does anyone have a pic of the partial savanna view, that would be really helpful

There are MULTIPLE partial savanna view rooms and they would all have a different view so what you get may not be the same as what someone posts here, although they can post examples of what that have received in the past.

Starting to really get the excitement bug and my trip isn't till Dec 12th! My friend is joining me now so it's not a solo trip anymore. We decided we'd drive straight through (from Illinois) and booked a room at the Hilton at Disney Springs. Should arrive around 7ish, which is plenty of time to go get a bite to eat at Springs ;)

.....I don't think that it'd be too much of a problem taking some coffee cream to your room. Of course, you should be wise about it - just take enough for a cup or two, on a daily basis, as opposed to enough for your entire stay [all at once]...
When we stayed in June I would go down and make my coffee and bring DH's back to the room for him as he woke up. I grabbed one of the smallest to-go bowl thingys and put a bunch of half and halfs and sugar in there for him. It lasted a few days.

As long as you are on the phone, asking for a partial savanna view and being chatty, don't forget to mention that you are celebrating your anniversary. Never hurts for them to know this... you know, Pixie Dust and all! :tinker: pixiedust:

When we stayed in June I would go down and make my coffee and bring DH's back to the room for him as he woke up. I grabbed one of the smallest to-go bowl thingys and put a bunch of half and halfs and sugar in there for him. It lasted a few days.
...sounds PERFECT! :thumbsup2

Hubby and I will be at AKL in a savanna view room Sept 9-12 to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary! He will be 4 weeks post surgery for left knee replacement and 8 weeks post surgery for having the right knee replaced so we're going to be hanging at the resort to relax. We do have reservations for anniversary dinner at Sanaa, plus breakfast at Boma and Ohana. Any recommendations for something we just can't miss.....keeping in mind that hubby isn't going to be able to walk a long way.

Super simple, but we loved sitting on the rocking chair patios overlooking the main Jambo safari--lots of breeze, the music is piped in, and great animal views. Usually pretty quiet.

Do they charge a fee for packages? Wanted to order from Amazon Prime before we go but worried that Amazon will deliver in more than one package. If they charge a fee per package it could really add up. :rolleyes:

Starting to really get the excitement bug and my trip isn't till Dec 12th! My friend is joining me now so it's not a solo trip anymore. We decided we'd drive straight through (from Illinois) and booked a room at the Hilton at Disney Springs. Should arrive around 7ish, which is plenty of time to go get a bite to eat at Springs ;)
we will be there on December 16- driving as of now on the 15th and staying at the Hilton about an hr away then driving to AKL around 9am and head to a park then back to rest before MVMCP. if you see us say HI. We will be proud grandparents with 3 grands 2 girls and 1 boy. Staying Jambo house 2br villa. Grandkids first trip.

If anyone is at AKL now, is the length of your stay refillable cups are changed to the Halloween theme? We check in this coming Saturday and was wondering about those cups.

If anyone is at AKL now, is the length of your stay refillable cups are changed to the Halloween theme? We check in this coming Saturday and was wondering about those cups.

There's a thread about this on this board; most recent post (from 8/18) from someone now there says the CMs say this is all just random chatter, they haven't heard anything about a Halloween mug. Of course, we all know how much confidence we sometimes have in CM info, hahaha! ;)

Yeah, we really don't need an accessible room. I might call WDW reservations to see if a CM has any more info, but I am guessing they won't know much.
If using TP room finder, you need to check each floor. I always forget, though K+DB is usually accessible. I needed and there were only 5; two parking lot view, two savanna and one partial....... fingers crossed. But we have learned we need to take what we get. Two days to go

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter