• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

You can order from the full menu in the lounge including the full bread service during the Sanaa operating hours (late night in the lounge is a limited menu after Sanaa kitchen closes). We have never had a problem getting a table for 3. There are two small tables, a long communal table, and about 8 seats at the bar that are all first come first served.

Awesome! The bread service is our favorite so I think we'll do that for an appetizer and then something else for dinner instead of our ADR. Maybe get the candy bar dessert to go, too. Thanks!

We are down to 6 days until our 2 week stay at Jambo House. It's our first stay ay AKL,my DW and DD are very excited to be staying at a Deluxe resort.
Looking forward to some warm temps and green grass, we have been dealing with snow and ice for the last 2 months.
It is suppose to be in the 60's during the day and 40's at night so do bring some warm clothes . That might feel like a heat wave to you. Weather is crazy this time of year...we have had air on one day and heat the next and back to air.

Hey all! Just arrived today around 1:45 and much to our suprise 5 characters shows up in the lobby for impromptu meet and greets! Donald, Launchpad McQuack, Chip and Dale, and King Louie! They were unannounced and clearly unexpected. I was told by the front desk that this was a special happening but they did not elaborate as to whether it would occur again. The lady in line ahead of me said she comes every year and has never seen characters meet and greet in the lobby! It was amazing. AND they sang my daughter happy birthday (the castmember support/ with gestures from the characters). AMAZING! Hope this happens again!

It is suppose to be in the 60's during the day and 40's at night so do bring some warm clothes . That might feel like a heat wave to you. Weather is crazy this time of year...we have had air on one day and heat the next and back to air.
Thanks for the temperature forecast, we have been in a cold spell for a couple of weeks, day time temperatures have been -1F and night -8f. We plan on some coats and sweatshirts for the evenings.

Hey all! Just arrived today around 1:45 and much to our suprise 5 characters shows up in the lobby for impromptu meet and greets! Donald, Launchpad McQuack, Chip and Dale, and King Louie!
That is a wonderful bit of pixe dust. I hope we get that lucky.

Hi there! I have a question about breakfast. Does the Mara sell boiled eggs? It's a favourite breakfast item in our house. Thanks so much!

Do the pool hours change? We'll be there in September and I'd love a dip in the pool after a day in the parks. Will they really be closing at 8pm?

Is there a thread or even a post within this thread for Kidani Village?

The main thread for Kidani is on the DVC Resorts board because it is a DVC resort. That thread though is not as active as this one and is often found on page 2 or 3 of the DVC resorts forum. Kidani questions can certainly be posted here, many of us have stayed at both. There are also a few individual threads here and there answering specific questions about Kidani on the DVC Resorts forum that may be helpful for you.

Hi!
we had to change the dates of our trip last minute and the only room left at a discounted rate is a one bedroom villa at Jambo House - standard view. ( we are a family of 5) Any chance we will get a partial savanah view room or are most of those rooms looking at parking lots?

Need some help with figuring out a room request for pool view. I was wanting to know how do you get out to the pool on the Giraffe Trail? Are there stairs on the end and an elevator near the lobby? I was thinking about requesting 3rd floor but we would like to be near an exit to the pool.

Hi!
we had to change the dates of our trip last minute and the only room left at a discounted rate is a one bedroom villa at Jambo House - standard view. ( we are a family of 5) Any chance we will get a partial savanah view room or are most of those rooms looking at parking lots?
The only villas with parking lot views at Jambo are the value villas and are max occupancy of 4, so you won’t get a parking lot view.
I love the 1 br.s.. The washer/dryer in the villas are so convenient & I always grab bath bombs at Basin in the GF or DS for the spa tub.
I assume you booked through Disney CRO? The standard view villas are located on the 5th floor above the lobby, or down Kudu or Zebra trails. The views are partial savanna or pool - including pool obscured by foliage or pool beyond roof overhangs. I request Kudu trail since all of those standard view villas have partial savanna views. You could request partial savanna view, but I don’t know if the room assigners know what that is.

The only villas with parking lot views at Jambo are the value villas and are max occupancy of 4, so you won’t get a parking lot view.
I love the 1 br.s.. The washer/dryer in the villas are so convenient & I always grab bath bombs at Basin in the GF or DS for the spa tub.
I assume you booked through Disney CRO? The standard view villas are located on the 5th floor above the lobby, or down Kudu or Zebra trails. The views are partial savanna or pool - including pool obscured by foliage or pool beyond roof overhangs. I request Kudu trail since all of those standard view villas have partial savanna views. You could request partial savanna view, but I don’t know if the room assigners know what that is.
Thank you so much! So glad to hear that we will not have a parking lot view. I will definitely request Kudu trail . ( but will not be too disappointed if we get a pool view either though) Thank you so much for the info!!

We are staying CL and plan to partake in the appetizers there, but would also love to have a few items from Sanaa and Jiko. Would rather not make ADRs since we will probably only want a couple of appetizers and if we are too tired or full from the CL, we may not go at all on any particular day.

Does anyone know if the Sanaa lounge / bar is considered part of Sanaa and takes TiW?

Also the Lounge area outside of Jiko (Cape Town?). The description on the official Disney site mentions getting appetizers, but the menu only shows alcohol. Can you order the appetizers from Jiko in here? Anyone done this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter