Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

If anyone is currently staying at AKL, would you be able to send me a picture of the Private Dining menu please? Specifically the breakfast section and the section with the white wines. I need to get something ordered as a surprise for my wife.

Thank you!

See if these work for you.
Breakfast 1.jpg Breakfast 2.jpg Wine.jpg

It's been many, many years since we were able to stay at a deluxe resort and are staying at AKL during our next trip in August! Whoo hoo!!! The last time we stayed at a deluxe (Yacht Club) they had a turn down service and we had little chocolates left for us each night. Does that still happen? And if so, does AKL do it?

You can request turn down service at any deluxe (it just comes automatically with club level). You just call the housekeeping button on the in room phone. We've requested it and received it at YC, BC and Poly.

Thinking about a pool view next year... Do the first floor rooms all have patios? I’ve seen some pictures that look as though there is a railing right outside the sliding door, leaving no room for a sitting area. The sitting area is my coffee/makeup spot so it’s a must have!

I just did a lap of the first floor pool view rooms at Jambo, as far as I could tell all had a regular full patio. That said, if you are looking for any view of the actual pool from these rooms you would likely be disappointed. There is dense foliage in front of these patios. That, coupled with the pool fence/foliage, would make any view from these very obstructed. I personally, would not want a first floor pool view if I were at all interested in a view of anything but plants.

I just did a lap of the first floor pool view rooms at Jambo, as far as I could tell all had a regular full patio. That said, if you are looking for any view of the actual pool from these rooms you would likely be disappointed. There is dense foliage in front of these patios. That, coupled with the pool fence/foliage, would make any view from these very obstructed. I personally, would not want a first floor pool view if I were at all interested in a view of anything but plants.
Thank you so much for doing that! I appreciate it!

I absolutely LOVE looking at this menu ! I love room service. We usually get the continental breakfast and an entree if it is just DH and I. Last month we were in a 2br at Jambo and there were 8 of us (3 were children ages 4,4, and 5) and when the gentleman came in to set our table they were asking a million questions about what was in the dishes. We had Mickey waffles, pancakes, continental breakfast, pastry basket, and 2 other entrees. It was so much food. We called after we were done and they arrived soon after and took everything away. So easy and much less stressful than eating at the buffet downstairs. It will only be DH and I in April and instead of room service everyday, we may go to BOMA. Jiko is a must :)

I absolutely LOVE looking at this menu ! I love room service. We usually get the continental breakfast and an entree if it is just DH and I. Last month we were in a 2br at Jambo and there were 8 of us (3 were children ages 4,4, and 5) and when the gentleman came in to set our table they were asking a million questions about what was in the dishes. We had Mickey waffles, pancakes, continental breakfast, pastry basket, and 2 other entrees. It was so much food. We called after we were done and they arrived soon after and took everything away. So easy and much less stressful than eating at the buffet downstairs. It will only be DH and I in April and instead of room service everyday, we may go to BOMA. Jiko is a must :)

We did Jiko our first day of this trip! Everything was great as usual. DH got the filet and I got the wild boar app, and we split the Taste of Africa, the boboti mac and cheese, and a bottle of wine, excellent start to the trip!!! We were considering Boma last night since we found a couple open reservations for two, but decided to stay in Epcot for Illuminations instead.

the boboti mac and cheese

@gillep you just made my day - this is my favorite dish anywhere! Was it on the menu or did you have to ask them to make it as a special order? I think the last time I had Jiko they'd put the "standard" mac and cheese back on the menu and I assumed the bobotie version was gone.

@gillep you just made my day - this is my favorite dish anywhere! Was it on the menu or did you have to ask them to make it as a special order? I think the last time I had Jiko they'd put the "standard" mac and cheese back on the menu and I assumed the bobotie version was gone.

It is now listed as an enhancement right at the bottom of the menu!!!!! It was slightly different than when it was being served with the filet, in that the toppings were on top of the mac and cheese and you mixed them in yourself (probably makes for a better presentation) but it still tasted the same once mixed, and was definitely a large enough portion to share, we brought back leftovers to our room.

We did Jiko our first day of this trip! Everything was great as usual. DH got the filet and I got the wild boar app, and we split the Taste of Africa, the boboti mac and cheese, and a bottle of wine, excellent start to the trip!!! We were considering Boma last night since we found a couple open reservations for two, but decided to stay in Epcot for Illuminations instead.

We dined at Jiko our last night in December. We had the Lamb, scallops -only 2 on the plate :( , Taste of Africa, a bottle of wine, a couple of neat Angel's bourbons, poached shrimp (no flavor-won't have again) -great meal-excellent service. Definitely trying that mac and cheese in April.

It is now listed as an enhancement right at the bottom of the menu!!!!! It was slightly different than when it was being served with the filet, in that the toppings were on top of the mac and cheese and you mixed them in yourself (probably makes for a better presentation) but it still tasted the same once mixed, and was definitely a large enough portion to share, we brought back leftovers to our room.

We dined at Jiko our last night in December. We had the Lamb, scallops -only 2 on the plate :( , Taste of Africa, a bottle of wine, a couple of neat Angel's bourbons, poached shrimp (no flavor-won't have again) -great meal-excellent service. Definitely trying that mac and cheese in April.

Even with the change in presentation I am happy to hear it's back on the menu! The last time we had it we got an extra side. I think they charged us something like $8 but it could have been a meal in and of itself. I am looking forward to returning now!

Edited to add my photo of the side we got back in September 2017

EqjxxZcl.png

I've got to say, it does not look very appealing :crazy2: but it was absolutely scrumptious and that was a huge portion considering how rich it is! Oh and my receipt confirms it was actually $12. Thanks google photos!

Has anyone taken an Uber from AKL to SeaWorld lately? I just wanted to know if it was a hassle getting there and back,how long did it take, and the cost. We would like to go to SeaWorld one of our days.

Has anyone taken an Uber from AKL to SeaWorld lately? I just wanted to know if it was a hassle getting there and back,how long did it take, and the cost. We would like to go to SeaWorld one of our days.

It was not a hassle at all, easy peasy. An UberX was $18.50 there, $19.25 back and took about 25 minutes each way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter