• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Anyone know if AKL is planning to show the Disney Channel remake of “Freaky Friday” next Friday 8/10?

I remember staying at the GF when Camp Rock premiered. It was the evening movie shown on the inflatable screen.

We aren't actually staying at AKL until November but during our October trip we have a lunch ADR at Sanaa after spending the morning at AK. We can take the bus from AK, right? Is this about a 15 minute trip? Thanks for any help with this. We've never stayed at AKL but after reading this thread I am beyond excited for it!

We aren't actually staying at AKL until November but during our October trip we have a lunch ADR at Sanaa after spending the morning at AK. We can take the bus from AK, right? Is this about a 15 minute trip? Thanks for any help with this. We've never stayed at AKL but after reading this thread I am beyond excited for it!
Sure can! It's probably less than 15 minutes but I think that's a safe number for time planning purposes. Kidani, where Sanaa is, is the first stop usually :thumbsup2

Just booked a grand villa for our family next June! I am really excited for our first stay here!

We are staying in a Grand Villa in two weeks. We also have never been here. We added a night on at the beginning of our trip, at All Star Movies. I must admit I am slightly more excited about that. :-)

Does anyone know of a link with a pdf I can check that shows all of the events happening each month at the Lodge?

Does anyone know of a link with a pdf I can check that shows all of the events happening each month at the Lodge?

Someone else posted one that looked like it came directly from Disney at the beginning of July, but I just always use the link on the Mouse for Less. They're always posted a few days into the month, so it doesn't help if you need it for like... tomorrow, but you might want to just bookmark this and keep an eye on it:

https://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/resorts/wdw/pdf/AKLCalendar.pdf

Right now it is still displaying July's.

Someone else posted one that looked like it came directly from Disney at the beginning of July, but I just always use the link on the Mouse for Less. They're always posted a few days into the month, so it doesn't help if you need it for like... tomorrow, but you might want to just bookmark this and keep an eye on it:

https://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/resorts/wdw/pdf/AKLCalendar.pdf

Right now it is still displaying July's.

This is the exact kind of thing I was looking for, thank you very much!

Nice! They know that we have been talking about going to Disney for the 50th....we just never mentioned this upcoming trip. Since we are staying at AKL, I cannot think of a better way to let them know that we are going then waking them up at 4:00 AM on the morning of departure, playing the opening chords of "Circle of Life," from the Lion King Soundtrack...hehehe....

I was going to tell them the night before but now hubby does want to wake them up in the middle of the night. I like this idea!

Kudu or Zebra Trail? We’ve stayed on zebra trail before and liked the proximity to the pool, although felt like the animal viewing was just okay. There seemed to be more feeding spots closer to kudu. Anyone else found this to be true, or was it just the luck we had on our visit. Debating whether or not to request kudu instead this trip.

Last edited:
Some more videos showing the Standard View Kidani rooms with explanations as to which elevators they are near. First one also shows full walk from Jambo lobby to Kidani lobby.
First video is right of Kidani lobby area, second video is left (overlooking pool and down to Pembe savannah).

I was going to tell them the night before but now hubby does want to wake them up in the middle of the night. I like this idea!
We were thinking about telling them the night before, but we decided not to. They would never get to sleep, and since we have an early morning flight...well...we didn't want our first day consisting of sleeping in the hotel room. Besides, I figured that over the years that I have been awakened in the middle of the night, a bit of "payback" is in order....:)

We are 95 days away from our first AKL Kidani Village stay!! :cheer2: We have decided to add a few days in Fort Lauderdale before our trip so we will be driving up to Disney. We will NOT be keeping our car since we prefer Disney transportation.

When we did the same thing two years ago we went right to POR long enough to throw our bags in the room and then left immediately to return the car and hit the parks. This time we plan to hang around AKL for a little upon arrival (grab some food, walk around, etc.) so wouldn't be leaving with the car right away.

Does anyone have any experience with this with the new pay for parking at the resorts thing? I can't imagine that it would be a problem but I didn't know if we would run into trouble keeping the car at the resort for maybe an hour or two vs. taking it back immediately.

Thanks!

We are on the last night if our 5 day stay at AKL. It truly is magical here. We are in room 3324 standard view. I requested partial Savannah View and the view is amazing! Just as good as the Savannah View room we paid for last Summer. Lots of animals all day. Lovely time, sad to be returning home tomorrow.

Hi everyone, I have some more questions I was pondering this weekend.
-Does AKL Jambo have individual sized toiletries, or the giant bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and body wash like they have at POP?
-Do they have coffee makers in the rooms, and what type?
-Where can we refill our mugs?
-Are there an abundance of King bed rooms at AKL Jambo? It's most important for us to have a partial Savannah view, but if there are a lot of King bed rooms, I would put that on our room request as well. Ideally we'd get a King bed with a Savannah view close to the lobby/transportation, but I don't want to get too picky with my requests.
-Do they provide towels at the pool?

I'm sure I'll think more before our trip in 38 days, but hopefully this will be it for now :)

We are 95 days away from our first AKL Kidani Village stay!! :cheer2: We have decided to add a few days in Fort Lauderdale before our trip so we will be driving up to Disney. We will NOT be keeping our car since we prefer Disney transportation.

When we did the same thing two years ago we went right to POR long enough to throw our bags in the room and then left immediately to return the car and hit the parks. This time we plan to hang around AKL for a little upon arrival (grab some food, walk around, etc.) so wouldn't be leaving with the car right away.

Does anyone have any experience with this with the new pay for parking at the resorts thing? I can't imagine that it would be a problem but I didn't know if we would run into trouble keeping the car at the resort for maybe an hour or two vs. taking it back immediately.

Thanks!

No worries - you’ll be fine! When you arrive at the Security gate, tell the guard you’re checking in. When you stop at the front desk, just tell them you do not have a car and you won’t be charged. If you feel the need, you could tell the front desk CM that you arrived by car and that it will be in the parking lot for several hours, but then you’re returning it to the rental agency (but that’s not really necessary). ;)

Hi everyone, I have some more questions I was pondering this weekend.
-Does AKL Jambo have individual sized toiletries, or the giant bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and body wash like they have at POP?
-Do they have coffee makers in the rooms, and what type?
-Where can we refill our mugs?
-Are there an abundance of King bed rooms at AKL Jambo? It's most important for us to have a partial Savannah view, but if there are a lot of King bed rooms, I would put that on our room request as well. Ideally we'd get a King bed with a Savannah view close to the lobby/transportation, but I don't want to get too picky with my requests.
-Do they provide towels at the pool?

I'm sure I'll think more before our trip in 38 days, but hopefully this will be it for now :)

1. Individual toilitries
2. Not sure about the regular rooms regarding type of coffee maker as we only stay in villas but all of the rooms do have some sort of coffee maker
3. The Mara or by the pool, if you go over to Kidani you can refill your mugs either in the gift shop or by the pool
4. I am not sure about the number of King rooms, but the more things you request the harder it is to find a room to match them all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter