Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

It doesn't look like anyone answered this part of your question, so I just wanted to mention that the map of room locations is available on touring plans. The value studios are on Ostrich and Giraffe trails (the short wings). If you have her reservation number you can make a request through touring plans as well. The trade off is that even if she gets a view of the "Buick savanna" (parking lot) these rooms are conveniently located, in my opinion.

thanks for the response. Is there a way to find out what rooms are DVC rooms? are they all on the 5th floor? I know I stayed in a 1br standard view but we had a view of the savanna. it was a great room but I can not for the life of me remember it. We have a 2br (I guess lockoff right) at Jambo House STANDARD view booked but I would love a partial savanna if at all possible. I will try and look at several rooms on the fifth floor again to see if there are any standard view with apartial savanna that I may request.

Also, do you know if there are any 2br lockoffs in the value are that we booked for our daughter? it would be great to be a little close to her room also. thanks again. I appreciate your help.

Has anyone done The Wanyama Safari? I’m getting it for our party of four as a birthday surprise for my dad’s 70th birthday. Was it worth the expense?
I’ve done it 3 times and we’re scheduled to do it a 4th this Dec., so IMO it’s worth it :) But I’m a total animal geek & we like nice restaurants, so I’m maybe a bit biased!

How much is it?
I paid $206 (or maybe $208) per person total which included tax and tip. One difference now is that you pay when you book, unlike prior years when you paid on the day of your safari after your meal at Jiko.

Just booked our first trip at a deluxe resort.. Animal Kingdom Lodge! 10 magical days! We've been loyal guests of Coronado Springs but the construction and tower are a real turn off for us. Very excited for a new Disney experience.

Does anyone know where I could find the July activities recreation calendar?? We are planning on spending some time at the lodge and I’m hoping to plan around some of the fun stuff :-)

HI ALL ! I rented points through DAVID'S for a 2 BR Standard view Jambo House. I have rented before a couple of times but Savanna view so no need for specific location request. My question is What would i request to get a partial savanna (grandchildren's first visit) so that they may be able to see some animals. I think i rented a standard view 1 BR once and got a Savanna view (with people pen) - it was still great but i didn't make a request that time either. Should i just roll the dice and hope for a partial Savanna view or is there a suggestion anyone can make when using the Touring plans room request? I have had a subscription with them for years and i would like to try this out anyway.

Also, is there a map that has the room types and locations for the villas at Jambo house? I rented a Value Studio for my middle daughter and i know i can't make a request on her room right? thanks for the help - Karen
I was told by a nice CM there that when they are assigning room they always try to give people with standard bookings the partial views first before giving people the ugly parking lot views. I do know that all I asked for on our standard reservations (non DVC) was a partial savanna view and they gave us room 4343 and 4345 which were above a people pen and had incredible views and I got over 100 pictures of animals wandering by our view.

I have a reservation here on Oct 18 through the 20th in a standard view room. I am also staying at Kidani savanna view Oct 9th through the 11th in a studio. I am starting to wonder if the extra cost to stay twice during a trip is worth it. Is there any major differences between the two?

Just booked our first trip at a deluxe resort.. Animal Kingdom Lodge! 10 magical days! We've been loyal guests of Coronado Springs but the construction and tower are a real turn off for us. Very excited for a new Disney experience.

You're going to have an amazing time! I hope you're ready to possibly start staying at Deluxe's always now, once you start you can't go back lol

I was told by a nice CM there that when they are assigning room they always try to give people with standard bookings the partial views first before giving people the ugly parking lot views. I do know that all I asked for on our standard reservations (non DVC) was a partial savanna view and they gave us room 4343 and 4345 which were above a people pen and had incredible views and I got over 100 pictures of animals wandering by our view.

Interesting! I wanted to wait and check in when we get there. It maybe I should check in early so they can assign my room?

This will be our first stay at Jambo House value studio in August. We are a family of 4 adults. We are so excited and need this trip.
We will be taking the bus to the parks daily. Are these rooms centrally located? Are these value studio rooms in one area of the hotel? Is there an area I should request? Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

This will be our first stay at Jambo House value studio in August. We are a family of 4 adults. We are so excited and need this trip.
We will be taking the bus to the parks daily. Are these rooms centrally located? Are these value studio rooms in one area of the hotel? Is there an area I should request? Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

Have a great trip. Do you mind reporting back on the comfort of the sofa bed for 2 adults. I am staying in a couple different studios through out property and wondering how the sofa bed is at Jambo House. Thanks in advance.

Thank you!

The Value Studios at Jambo are all located in the 2 short wings of the resort, at the front of the resort, and are close to the lobby and transportation. The 2 wings are Giraffe Trail and Ostrich Trail. Unless something changed very recently, they do not allow you to make "view" requests for the Value Studios. If you want to be closer to transportation, you should request Giraffe Trail. Ostrich Trail, though, will give you a better chance of a Savanna view.

I just have to add: I hope you 4 adults really, really like each other because it's going to be a bit crowded! The biggest issue may well be there's very little storage space at all. But, hey, you'll be at AKL and WDW so you'll have a great time! ;)

We’re spending one night at AKL right now. Booked standard view. At check-in, the CM told us we had actually been given a pool view room, but it wasn’t ready yet and she wanted to see if she could get us an even better view in a room that was ready. She showed us photos of the view from two rooms on her computer and pointed out their locations on the map and let us pick. I have never had a CM be so kind to us while checking in! We are on the Kudu Trail with a great view of the savanna and animals.

Also just had an excellent lunch at Sanaa — our first time there. I requested a window table and was told there was a very long wait for one, so I said don’t worry about it, we’ll take whatever you have ready.
A few minutes later we were seated ... At a window table!

We’re spending one night at AKL right now. Booked standard view. At check-in, the CM told us we had actually been given a pool view room, but it wasn’t ready yet and she wanted to see if she could get us an even better view in a room that was ready. She showed us photos of the view from two rooms on her computer and pointed out their locations on the map and let us pick. I have never had a CM be so kind to us while checking in! We are on the Kudu Trail with a great view of the savanna and animals.

Also just had an excellent lunch at Sanaa — our first time there. I requested a window table and was told there was a very long wait for one, so I said don’t worry about it, we’ll take whatever you have ready.
A few minutes later we were seated ... At a window table!

Glad you're having an amazing 1 day stay at AKL :) I cannot wait for my friend to see it in December, she's stayed at pretty much every deluxe resort, but has never stepped foot in AKL yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter