Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

First I have heard about the room refurb, where did you hear about this. I could deal with the pool being refurbished during our stay but the room refurbishment causes me some concern.

On the Theme Park Attractions and Strategies forum, there is a page at the top titled “Disney World Refurbishments,” I saw it there.

I think the room refurbs are soft refurbs and shouldn’t affect your stay

Forgive my ignorance, what is a soft refurb? Like just replacing the furniture and not doing construction? Also, how did you come across this information? Thanks for your insight!!

Just read that Jambo House is supposed to have a room refurbishment from 8/18-fall 2019. Does anyone know the extent of these renovations? I’ve never stayed at a resort that was undergoing construction, will it affect us that much?

Edited to add: We are staying Jan 2019. Booked through David’s DVC rentals, not sure if we can change our reservation. We have a toddler so will be returning to our room mid-day for naps every day.
I’ve never rented points (I use the ones I own for my stays :)) but I believe your contract w/ David’s will set forth the details, and from everything I’ve read through the years, David’s d/n allow changes to reservations.
I was staying in the BW when it was having a soft goods refurb & the only reason I knew about it was that they came by to ask when it would be convenient to put in the new mattresses. Since it’s such a long time frame for the refurb., they may be planning to shut down certain areas to work on them before moving on to the next area.
Hi all! I booked a standard view for 9/20-9/22 and was wondering if there are requests I can make on MDE that would get me at least close to a partial Savanna view? High floor, near lobby, etc?
The requests on MDE aren’t very useful, IMO, if you want a partial savanna view call and have that request noted on your reservation.

Forgive my ignorance, what is a soft refurb? Like just replacing the furniture and not doing construction? Also, how did you come across this information? Thanks for your insight!!
If you go back a few pages in this thread, or do a search, it was discussed a few weeks ago. Mostly replacing the televisions, as I recall.

Hi all! I booked a standard view for 9/20-9/22 and was wondering if there are requests I can make on MDE that would get me at least close to a partial Savanna view? High floor, near lobby, etc?

I send a Touringplans fax request for something like "Any possible view of animals would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for any help you can provide and I hope you have a great day." The less you narrow down the room request the more options they have. It has worked 2/2 for me thus far. Both were what I believe to be partial Savannah views but one was pretty close to Savannah view. I was in DVC standard though. Both were quite the walk but we got the view. Some have had luck with more precise requests.

If you go back a few pages in this thread, or do a search, it was discussed a few weeks ago. Mostly replacing the televisions, as I recall.

Earlier this year (February), I stayed at AKV on DVC points, then moved to AKL Club Level after several days. The Villas already had the large Smart TVs; the regular resort rooms did not. The DVC rooms appeared to be in great shape; not in need for a refurbishment (soft goods or otherwise)! The regular resort rooms definitely need some upgrading. ;)

Earlier this year (February), I stayed at AKV on DVC points, then moved to AKL Club Level after several days. The Villas already had the large Smart TVs; the regular resort rooms did not. The DVC rooms appeared to be in great shape; not in need for a refurbishment (soft goods or otherwise)! The regular resort rooms definitely need some upgrading. ;)

Was your AKV DVC room at Jambo or Kidani? Our Kidani rooms the past two times we have stayed there post-refurb were fantastic (love the large TVs), but I can't for the life of me remember if my DVC studio at Jambo this past January was newly refurbished or not.

Was your AKV DVC room at Jambo or Kidani? Our Kidani rooms the past two times we have stayed there post-refurb were fantastic (love the large TVs), but I can't for the life of me remember if my DVC studio at Jambo this past January was newly refurbished or not.

It was Jambo!! I was pleasantly surprised! The studio I had was in wonderful condition - this was in early February and it was obvious the refurb was very recent! :thumbsup2

Thinking of booking a pool view/bunk bed room. Price is $261/night with AP discount. Is that a good price? Are the views good? Can you see any animals from these rooms? For dates 8/31-9/6. Kids are big pool kids. Sounds like it'll be close to pool, but pool closed starting on 9/4? Is that correct? Also, are these rooms far from the food ct/lobby? We will be driving, so how far away from the parking lot are the pool view rooms? Anything else I should know? We have never stayed at AKL before. Any replies would be greatly appreciated!

Thinking of booking a pool view/bunk bed room. Price is $261/night with AP discount. Is that a good price? Are the views good? Can you see any animals from these rooms? For dates 8/31-9/6. Kids are big pool kids. Sounds like it'll be close to pool, but pool closed starting on 9/4? Is that correct? Also, are these rooms far from the food ct/lobby? We will be driving, so how far away from the parking lot are the pool view rooms? Anything else I should know? We have never stayed at AKL before. Any replies would be greatly appreciated!

Here’s where I posted the view from our pool view room. It was close to everything and I loved the view! Seems like a pretty good rate to me!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/j...rmation-thread.3567178/page-194#post-59420006

Thanks so much! :)

And to add on, that room was on Giraffe trail, which is at the front of the resort so it would be pretty close to the parking lot as well!

There was an elevator bank near the room and taking that down to 1 led outside by the pool with easy access to The Mara (the food court). And it was a short walk to the lobby/transportation. Great location overall!

And to add on, that room was on Giraffe trail, which is at the front of the resort so it would be pretty close to the parking lot as well!

There was an elevator bank near the room and taking that down to 1 led outside by the pool with easy access to The Mara (the food court). And it was a short walk to the lobby/transportation. Great location overall!

Thank you so much for the great info!

Yesterday marks ONE MONTH until our stay at Jambo! I'm taking my boyfriend, who has never been to Disney before. I'm PUMPED.
We booked a standard room 8/11-18. I'm hoping to send in a fax about a week prior to check-in to respectfully request a partial savannah... but we'll see :)

I haven't stayed at a Disney resort in a long time. I did online check-in, but I have a room only reservation and need to pay the balance at the front desk when we arrive. What's the point of online check in if I have to go to the front desk anyways? (I'm not mad-- we have to go up there regardless to get my boyfriend a birthday pin!) I'm just curious.

Yesterday marks ONE MONTH until our stay at Jambo! I'm taking my boyfriend, who has never been to Disney before. I'm PUMPED.
We booked a standard room 8/11-18. I'm hoping to send in a fax about a week prior to check-in to respectfully request a partial savannah... but we'll see :)

I haven't stayed at a Disney resort in a long time. I did online check-in, but I have a room only reservation and need to pay the balance at the front desk when we arrive. What's the point of online check in if I have to go to the front desk anyways? (I'm not mad-- we have to go up there regardless to get my boyfriend a birthday pin!) I'm just curious.

Well, with packages the total is paid before check-in so then it makes sense!

Good morning I just booked a standard room at AKL. There will be 4 of us and my boys prefer not to share a bed. Does anyone know if an air mattress will fit in the room. Thank you for any information on this resort. First time stay here.

Good morning I just booked a standard room at AKL. There will be 4 of us and my boys prefer not to share a bed. Does anyone know if an air mattress will fit in the room. Thank you for any information on this resort. First time stay here.

Maybe if it's a twin size, but nothing larger than that. Have you considered the bunk bed rooms (One queen bed and two bunk beds)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter