JAMBO! The Murphy's are LIVE from WDW & AKL 3/18-3/27

How did I miss the "live" report! I guess I never "watched" the thread. I'm sad to see amenities being d/c! I was there for my birthday Jan 8-11 and we had everything (welcome gift, birthday chocolates, turndown) but not robes...housekeeping seems to slack at times, but the CMs at AKL are super. Looking forward to your next few reports. We're heading "home" split stay AKL/poly April 16-24!

Thank you again for taking the time to share your trip with us! Such a small joy to follow along. We watch quite a bit of Disney Jr around here and Disney's latest round of shows (Lion Guard) and commercials have done a fine job "selling" AKL to DS. He asked me the other day if we could ever go there. Definitely on the bucket list for sometime soon. Thank you again!

How did I miss the "live" report! I guess I never "watched" the thread. I'm sad to see amenities being d/c! I was there for my birthday Jan 8-11 and we had everything (welcome gift, birthday chocolates, turndown) but not robes...housekeeping seems to slack at times, but the CMs at AKL are super. Looking forward to your next few reports. We're heading "home" split stay AKL/poly April 16-24!

The CMs don't seem happy about the changes either. I'm sure it makes their jobs more stressful because they have to deal with the aftermath of the cutbacks.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your trip with us! Such a small joy to follow along. We watch quite a bit of Disney Jr around here and Disney's latest round of shows (Lion Guard) and commercials have done a fine job "selling" AKL to DS. He asked me the other day if we could ever go there. Definitely on the bucket list for sometime soon. Thank you again!

Lion Guard is EVERYWHERE at WDW. Since my kids are teens I didn't really know what it was, but they've got a lot of merchandise and advertising for it in the gift shops.

Lion Guard is EVERYWHERE at WDW. Since my kids are teens I didn't really know what it was, but they've got a lot of merchandise and advertising for it in the gift shops.

We don't get any Disney channels right now. I've seen comments about "Lion Guard" but never realized it was a new show! I'll have to check it out. :)

I saw you mention this report in the CL thread so I popped over. So glad I did. I am debating between AKL CL/Jambo 1 bedroom or skipping it. I'm now leaning toward skipping because we really want CL but I'm not excited about the small rooms...with the cut backs it seems it probably wouldn't be a good fit for us, especially coming from CL at either BC or GF.

Yes, the first set of photos I posted of the trail mix, BBQ chips, nuts, cookies, etc, that was snack time. It runs from 11:30 AM til 3:00 PM. Then the tea time follows from 3:00 PM til 4:30 PM. That was the set of pictures with the brownie bites, scones, and Krispy treats. Then they close up all food from 4:30-5:00 while they set up evening appetizers.

I'm so sorry, I completely forgot you posted the snack pictures! I actually just went back to find them!! Thank you!

I've really enjoyed reading your trip report and it's made me want to try CL at AKL. Belated happy birthday too!

I'm already looking forward to your GF report as we'll be staying at SL in July/August.

We are going in July and will be at BWI from the 13th to the 21st. Any chance you'll be there then?

Our July dates are 20th-27th right now. I might possibly extend at the end but we definitely won't be coming earlier because the kids are in summer school right before that.

I've really enjoyed reading your trip report and it's made me want to try CL at AKL. Belated happy birthday too!

I'm already looking forward to your GF report as we'll be staying at SL in July/August.

I've got a couple of GF reports about SL on my blog... we stayed there twice last year (August and December). If you want to see pics and stuff here's the link: https://erika_murphy.silvrback.com/ I also did live DIS reports too, you can find the Christmas one here: http://www.disboards.com/threads/me...f-and-bc-12-18-12-26updated-with-nye.3468851/ And the August one here: http://www.disboards.com/threads/th...-the-bc-and-gf-july-25-august-3-2015.3431066/
SL has become a favorite lately. :D

Thanks for sharing another trip Erika!! Always enjoy them. Looking forward to the May one. I will be having Disney depression by then.

As an experiment I did not request turn down on our last night , it was a continuing room-only reservation for just one night. We did not receive turn down that night. I hate to see this service discontinued. :(

Did you get chocolate with turn down or just a cleaned up room?

Thanks for sharing another trip Erika!! Always enjoy them. Looking forward to the May one. I will be having Disney depression by then.

I'm already in PDD! Mountains of laundry plus a sore throat. :sad: Why do I always get sick every single time I go??? :sad2:

I've got a couple of GF reports about SL on my blog... we stayed there twice last year (August and December). If you want to see pics and stuff here's the link: https://erika_murphy.silvrback.com/ I also did live DIS reports too, you can find the Christmas one here: http://www.disboards.com/threads/me...f-and-bc-12-18-12-26updated-with-nye.3468851/ And the August one here: http://www.disboards.com/threads/th...-the-bc-and-gf-july-25-august-3-2015.3431066/
SL has become a favorite lately. :D

Thank you! I've already read them and they are fab!

We've stayed at the GF before, one in a standard non CL room and last year in RPC which was amazing. We were going to stay there again on the bounceback at Christmas but got SL for $2000 cheaper. I've heard great reports about it. Ideally I'd like to stay at all the CL resorts - we're in the UK and can realistically only get to WDW three times a year at the most. We also have DVC so need to use our points too.

I love all the info and advice on the board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter