JAMBO! The Murphy's are LIVE from WDW & AKL 3/18-3/27

Missed the whole "Live" part, but still loved all the updates. I'm sad you do not like POR, my favorite moderate for sure. I have always had really good service there, and I love the boat ride to DTD(springs) and Yehaa Bob in the lounge. I do love staying Vacation Club rental, and AKV is so nice. But with the very limited amount of time I spend in the room, POR will remain tops for me, if it is a cash reservation. I love your birthday hat, and the pictures of the Easter Parade. Sounds like you had a great vacation, your FP+ selections were great! It was very crowded mid March too, it is a great time of year to escape the cold, but it really pays to wait until after the Spring Break crowds have left. I know that is not a choice you have though, with the ages of the boys. Belated Happy Birthday, and Happy Easter!

CANDY BUFFET! :tongue:
Any photos? I just love the idea of a candy buffet!

It was a long table with buckets of candy. :)

FB0B9F40-386A-43E5-9395-709D5F09F18E_zps79gyshb5.jpg

When we checked our luggage early last time at the hotel, it went on an earlier flight to our destination airport and was waiting for us at a claim station when we arrived (not on the carousel). I got a text just after disembarking the plane. Just in case!

Ours came on our plane but was the last bags to come out since they were the first on.

We are home! It's hard to believe the trip is over. 9 nights went by in a flash! :( I've got about a thousand pictures in the Photobucket album if you'd like to see more. Most of the highlights are here and on Instagram. Im happy to answer any questions you might have about AKL, CL, the parks, etc.

Our experience with the bus transportation to and from AKL was great. I never felt like we waited very long except for one time when traveling from AK to AKL and the bus took forever to show up. Not sure what happened there. But every other time it was smooth and easy. I was expecting it to be much worse considering the holiday, but the last two days were surprisingly calm.

I'll be back with another live report soon, thanks so much for following along! :)

We are home! It's hard to believe the trip is over. 9 nights went by in a flash! :( I've got about a thousand pictures in the Photobucket album if you'd like to see more. Most of the highlights are here and on Instagram. Im happy to answer any questions you might have about AKL, CL, the parks, etc.

Our experience with the bus transportation to and from AKL was great. I never felt like we waited very long except for one time when traveling from AK to AKL and the bus took forever to show up. Not sure what happened there. But every other time it was smooth and easy. I was expecting it to be much worse considering the holiday, but the last two days were surprisingly calm.

I'll be back with another live report soon, thanks so much for following along! :)
Thank you so much for inviting us to come along on your Disney vacation. You are so good at capturing the magic! I thoroughly enjoyed following along!

This has been our experience at AKL every time and we stay there at least once a year. Great bus service everywhere EXCEPT AK! I don't get it, you would think it would be the quickest.
Glad you had a great trip, and a wonderful birthday!

Loved your trip report! We are staying club level in December at AKL and then switching 2 a 1br villa Jambo through rented dvc points. I hope the perks of club level don't go away. At least I know to request turn down service. -at almost $700 a night you would think that you would have to ask for turn down service. Thanks again for your great pics - I enjoyed reading your posts every day.

May I ask, did CL still offer afternoon snacks before tea time? (Chips, cookies, etc.?) thanks!

Yes, the first set of photos I posted of the trail mix, BBQ chips, nuts, cookies, etc, that was snack time. It runs from 11:30 AM til 3:00 PM. Then the tea time follows from 3:00 PM til 4:30 PM. That was the set of pictures with the brownie bites, scones, and Krispy treats. Then they close up all food from 4:30-5:00 while they set up evening appetizers.

Thanks for your report. Great to get a insight into AKL club. Will definitely be requesting turn down!

As an experiment I did not request turn down on our last night , it was a continuing room-only reservation for just one night. We did not receive turn down that night. I hate to see this service discontinued. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter