I've been given an assignment & need your help *UPDATE*

MOMTOMOOTOO

<font color=blue>The people in Shop Rite would not
This is so fun for me. The word is out in and around the family that I spend way too much time planning our bi-annual disney vacations. My brother's in-laws have asked for me to plan their trip. I have literally been gibe carte blanche!! The wife actually dropped off her cc here this morning. So help me plan for them. This truly is a case of money being no object (dare to dream) It will be the DW & DH and 2 DDs ages 2 & 4. I know the adults have been to DL Paris and Tokyo but never WDW. So where do I put them. My 1st thought is the GF, but since I've never been myself I thought Poly Concierge? Also, its a 12 night trip in early June so should I split the stay? Maybe send them over to the Epcot area? Oh how I wish this was for us..Anyway all imput is aprreciated.

Laura

WOW :eek: !

I don't know whether to be happy for you or sad :confused: ?

I guess we'd need to know a little about the in-laws. I don't know that I would split them between 2 resorts, but that's MHO - Especially with 2/kids.

OMG!!!- Thats awesome!!! I am not a fan of changing resorts esp. with 2 small children...but you have a good point. Are they the type who will throw it in your face...like why didn't you pick this or that when they come back?

The poly C is a great idea, but I really like the BC/YC. do they have concerige too? you have a huge responsiblity on your hands. Keep us updated with your plans.. i would love to know what you are deciding!!!
Tracy

Wow! Planning can be so much fun even if it is for someone else.

Unless you really feel like the MK area is a must I would highly recommend that Yacht Club specifically for the Stormalong Bay Pool. I had the great fortune to be able to stay there many moons ago when the rates were more affordable and my kids were 5 and 3 at that time. They had the best time at the pool, loved Beaches and Cream IceCream and taking the boat to MGM, etc.

I have never been to Poly or any of the other deluxe resorts except for a 1 night stay in CR years ago.

Have Fun!!:smooth:

Poly concierge for sure!!! Waterview room!!!

If you REALLY want to go all out--get a sitter for teh kids one night and have dinner catered for the parents on the Grand One Yacht during the MK fireworks, with the server to stay with them onboard. It truly was the single most remarkable thing I have EVER done at WDW!!! (we didn't have dinner--that was too much $$, we had cheese and crackers and wine.)

With little ones I would NOT go with one of the "plans" just do it all ala carte.

Anne

All I can say is, "Wow" too. First off, you should volunteer to be their personal guide - that way you can go too!
I'd split their time between AKL - the kids would love the animals - and the GF - so the parents could do some spa time. Make sure to include character meals - I'd hit Chef Mickeys and at least one of the Princess meals. I'd do maybe 3-4 full park days, and more half park/half down time days, and maybe even throw in Sea World (so they don't get Disney-overloaded). Give them a list of must-see attractions in each park and tell them to hit Fantasyland in the MK in the afternoon (seems to me like the families hit that first thing in the morning so its less crowded in the afternoon). Include one-on-one time for each parent and child - ex. Mom and the 4 yr old can do the tea at the GF and Dad and the younger DD can hit the pool. Doesn't Fort Wilderness have a petting zoo or something? Maybe hit that and dinner at the HDDR.

Have fun planning - its the next-best thing to going there!

I personally would interview them a bit to get some answers.
Ask them if they mind switching resorts half way through the stay.
Ask them if they prefer a woodsy national park lodge or a elegant victorian style hotel. They may not feel comfortable in the victorian style room. They might like a Jr. Suite at the WL.
I don't think i would plan something that big for someone with out getting info out of them.

Oh boy, now I am getting jealous that its not for us!! hehehe I
I am really leaning towards the Poly Concierge because I have stayed there myself. And being on the monorail would be a big plus w/ the kids.

And ducklite, what a great idea for the Grand One..I am going to sit down with them on Friday night to get their likes and dislikes. I know they will not have a problem with an in room sitter so the possibilites are endless. I defeinately will be sending them to V&As. I have about a week before I start to make PS's.

Abouth the waterview room at the POLY, is it really that much better than garden view?

Keep all the suggestions coming, we can do this together!

With 2 children you couldn't go wrong with BC concierge. Stormalong Bay pool would be a blast for the entire family and the concierge staff there are great. I also heard from the Mousekeepers that on the concierge floor they make an extra effort to leave towel animals in rooms where there are kids. :p

On the other hand, AKL concierge would be wonderful, too -- wake up with the animals and then do a Sunrise Safari one morning. That'd be so cool!

You might want to find out if they'd consider a split stay -- wow, I'd love to do 6 nights at BC and then 6 nights at AKL. What a dream trip!

I would suggest 1/2 the trip at Poly Concierge-great to have the monorail for the kids and be so close to MK. The other 1/2 at AKL Concierge-they'll be close enought to Epcot to get there fairly quickly.

Any way you work it, they'll have fun.

If AKL doesn't sound good to them I would suggest Poly Concierge and then maybe BC or YC Concierge for the 2nd half-assuming they don't mind moving resorts. It should be pretty easy for them to move if they don't want to do 12 nights at 1 place.

Let us know what you do for them. Have fun planning.

Originally posted by MOMTOMOOTOO
Abouth the waterview room at the POLY, is it really that much better than garden view?

Keep all the suggestions coming, we can do this together!

Absolutely. There is no comparison. Imgine waking up and seeing the Castle changing colors across the water from your bed.

I also would NOT split the stay, too disruptive especially with the little ones.

Anne

Another vote for Polynesian LV Concierge! Parents and kids will love the lounge, rooms are large, pool and beach are terrific, beautiful grounds, laid-back atmosphere, ease of monorail for MK access. The lagoon view is incredible! Some of my favorite memories of our stay are of the times on the balcony looking at the view-fireworks (4th of July!), water parade, castle changing colors at night, weddings on the point, early morning peacefulness. We split our Polynesian stay with AKL and I don't think I would make the move again.

Wow!!! Sounds like you're in for some planning fun!
I'd ask them some questions on what they're looking for and then pick a resort based on their answers.

Many people like the monorail resorts with young children; others enjoy the EPCOT resort area because it's so easy to get around that area.

Beth :sunny:

Polynesian, Lagoon view, concierge would be perfect. The view is amazing! I would also set up a PS for the princess breakfast. My girls loved it and it would be a nice treat for them.

I don't think that they could fully enjoy themselves without a guide! So make sure you get a room and tickets for yourself!

I would suggest a MK resort, I am guessing that kids that age will enjoy MK the most. Poly is wonderful although we have not stayed there concierge form what I have read it is the premier concierge service on-grounds.

After speaking with the family on Friday I went ahead and booked the POLY LV Concierge for 8 nites. Then they will spend 4 nites at the Portofino in a kidsuite. I was able to get them a PS for Cindy's WOO HOO!!. And I was quite surprised that they were able to get into V&A's I thought it would be booked. I also made a few other dinner PS's, LTT, Jiko, Narcossess, and CG. Gosh this was so much fun I just love spending other people's money!! Thanks for all your ideas. They still haven't decided on the Grand One Yacht. I also suggested Cirque but they declined. I think my mission is almost finished but it was sure fun!

Laura

I would definitely say do NOT split the trip up- they will love it so much I'm sure they'll plan another trip in 2 years. Here are the three I would go for...

Are they formal- preferring the Ritz Carlton over the Doubletree?
Then go for the Grand Floridian.

Do they like to roll in the floor and play wrestle with the girls? Don't mind if their tie is messed up from the little girls pulling on them?
Then go for the Beach Club Resort.

Will they want an in-room babysitter to have some romantic time alone?
Then go for the Polynesian.

Will they want some "adult time" away from the kiddies- then plan on booking a 2BR suite- those pull out couches in the 1BR suites are not comfortable no matter what size you are. And ask if they have bedrails for the 2 year old to put on one side of the bed. We enjoyed our stay at the Animal Kingdom lodge- but I think the pool areas at Poly and BC are much better- and at the GF you have lots of options ($$) for water crafts and fun.
I hope they have too much fun!
Tara

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter