It's Thursday - where'd everyone go and who are you

That is so awful that someone would keep your journals. I would be so upset too. Even if I deceided to drop out and not finish I would send the journals back.

I definetly would like to join if someone starts one up. I am in the process of having my house for sale and building a new one, if that would bother anyone.

Nancy--that's a cool idea! :thumbsup2

So, who do you think we can con into organizing this CJ? :rotfl2:

New England Eeyore said she might do it if she could get someone to help here..and Caitsmama said she might be interested! Maybe we could talk the to of them into this..and Vanyel said she would help!!!!

We must work on BernardandMissBianca for her good/evil swap.. Now to go think about that one.. while I fight with these Cindy/Charming photo mats.. What is the deal with these photo mats.. First I fought w/ mini-file folders this week..and now photo mats.. What am I doing wrong??? :confused3

Remember, it is NOT you who is doing anything wrong! The materials just haven't seen the error of their ways yet! They have not figured out that it is best just to go along with the plan! ;)

I think the good/evil swap is going to be cool! Was it just the other day that we were saying "no swaps in the fall"??? Oh well! This is fun! :thumbsup2

I hope New England Eeyore, CaitsMom, and Vanyel will do this! I feel like I "talk" to the people here all the time and this will give us a way to get to know each other.

Good luck with the photo mats! :sunny:

Success!! The photo mats have relinquished their title as being in control and I have one!!!! I have one set done and another set to go!!! I think they are cute.. it's really so hard to do a bunch of embellishements to them... But I did leave room for pictures to slide in behind the elements!!!

I know what you mean.. I "talk" to you all during the day.. I'd love to hear about everyone else and what makes their life happy!!! ;)

You are victorious yet again! I knew you would win the battle vs. the evil photo mat! :thumbsup2

lewdyan1 posted on the Flower and Garden forum to come here and introduce ourselves. I've enjoy the read so far.

Bobbi here, posting mostly on Community board, change one letter out of 5, 6 or 7, that's my favorit puzzle to do a few times a day, just look at my number of postings, more than 3/4 are probably those single word posts, I've done some exhanges too. My all time favorite exchange was Halloween candy :rotfl:

DVC member and DH and I enjoy going to Disney. We're empty nesters, and recently celebrated our 40th anniversary of meeting each other on the boardwalk of Seaside Heights. We celebrated with a week long trip to Florida, including the Flower Power concerts by Herman's Hermits at Epcot :cloud9:

I don't have a digital camera (yet) but I enjoy looking at the flower pictures on the Flower/Garden forum, and gardening is my hobby. This season we've had asparagus, not lots but some, and just coming in now are raspberries from our patch.

DH and I have 2 DS's. The oldest lives in Melrose MA and a wonderful DW and 3 DC. This is part of our 4 generation get together in WDW in August. Other people are my DSis, DMom (86) and our other DS who's soon to be 29, doesn't like WDW much at all, but to be with all of us, he's coming. Right now, he's been volunteering in New Orleans, working to gut houses that haven't been touched since Katrina. He's taking a year off from work to do this, has had enough of working on oil rigs, his last 2 positions were in Venezuela for 2 years and Romania for 3 months.

I'm a p/t adjunct at University of Cincinnati, and DH is an industrial engineer for Delphi. We're about 2-3 years away from retirement.

Glad to meet you all. I can't wait to impress my DDiL with my pronunciation of Peabody MA!

Bobbi :goodvibes

I'm so glad that there is interest for a CJ! If Caitsmama is willing to help, I'd definitely be willing to get the ball rolling. But I have a request. Like I said, the biggest investment in time is making your own book because you'll be doing the intro pages and many of us decorate the outside too. So could we aim for working on it during the summer and have the initial mailing in September (or later if you want)? I know with all the swaps I've signed up for I won't have time to work on it until August at least.

I'm working this weekend and my stepdaughters have highjacked the computer (I had to negotiate to get these 15 minutes here) so I don't have much computer time until Tuesday or Wednesday. How about I post a sign-up thread then? Then we can see exactly how many people are interested and how big our circle would be. Should I post it here or on the swap board?

Are we thinking this would be a Disney-themed CJ, a non-Disney themed one or anything goes? I'm thinking anything goes so each person could decide what they'd prefer.

Are any of my other CJ buddies from the last circle thinking of joining another?

Nice to meet you Bobbi! I really need to jump over to the flower and garden forum. But I stink at gardening! We just put our veggie garden in but lost some of the seeds due to all the rain. My cucumbers however are thriving. We haven't had a garden in years but with the price of veggies days I needed to put one in.

:cheer2: to your DS helping Katrina victims. It's wonderful how much Americans are willing to help each other in their time of need.

Hi Bobbi, nice to meet ya!!!

New England Eeyore.. I would think swap board would be the best place to put it... but that is just me.. Ground them from the computer.. we had too.. LOL We actually they got in trouble.. Actually that time frame would work better for me too... I'm moving along w/ some of my swap elements too... so I'm thrilled.. it's been a productive weekend!!! Yeah!!! :)

August- September start date sounds great!! I really hope by then to be out of this house and moving along with my new one. :)

New England Eeyore--I like the idea of a September mailing, too! I am excited about this, but I didn't know how I'd get it done! You see, I have this addiction to swapping. . .perhaps you've heard of it???

If we do sign-ups on Tuesday, I will be doing my "fill-in" at the bank. Would someone get me in the circle? Thanks!

bobbi--It's nice to meet you! I am like Buffy--I stink at gardening, but I like looking at the Flower and Garden forum! :sunny:

Well, that was so much fun! Finally getting to meet everyone. In many ways, I talk to you all way more than any of the grown ups where I live. :)

My name is Karen and I am a stay at home mom to 2 kids, a DS, Frank, who is six and just as addicted to all things Disney and a DD, Molly, who turned 3 yesterday and is addicted to all things Princess. My DH, Frank, thinks we all have lost our collective minds. The 3 of us agree that the best place to be is Main Street USA looking at the castle.

My hobbies. Well, I like (read that as love, obbess, or any other appropriate word) to scrapbook, take pictures which I then have to scrapbook, make cards, collect paper and embellishments and read. Once upon a time, I did some cross stitching, but that was before the small people entered our lives.

Also, before small people, I was a chemistry teacher, but I am hoping to sub one day a week, so that I can support my habit, I mean hobbie. I do make invitations and announcements, so that helps too! :)

I was thinking yesterday about the number of Disney trips (not enough, of course), and I came up with 14. They are listed in my signature. I'm ready to go tomorrow, but I don't know when we'll get back.

I, too, would love to participate in a CJ, if there is still room. I'm really intrigued by the idea of a recipe one. I need help there! I have 2 kids who prefer naked pasta to just about anything.

Phew. I haven't typed this much in a long time. :wave:

Okay Okay

I'm -em

Ive been scrapping since before it was popular and have completed over 20 books... I scrap 8.5 x 11 cause I hate 12 x 12...

I recently moved from Utah to Orlando where I can be found most days at the Mercantile at the Wilderness Lodge where I am a manager in training... I absolutly love it there and have been learning alot- so next time ya'll are at WDW we are a great place to shop :)

Hobby wise I love pins (VERY dangerous hobby now that I sell pins...)and lost count after 600...

Internet wise Ive been around here for several years and just had my 6th anniversary on my other board (Laughingplace.com)

Cant think of much else so there ya have it

-em

New England Eeyore said:
I'm so glad that there is interest for a CJ! If Caitsmama is willing to help, I'd definitely be willing to get the ball rolling. But I have a request. Like I said, the biggest investment in time is making your own book because you'll be doing the intro pages and many of us decorate the outside too. So could we aim for working on it during the summer and have the initial mailing in September (or later if you want)? I know with all the swaps I've signed up for I won't have time to work on it until August at least.

I'm working this weekend and my stepdaughters have highjacked the computer (I had to negotiate to get these 15 minutes here) so I don't have much computer time until Tuesday or Wednesday. How about I post a sign-up thread then? Then we can see exactly how many people are interested and how big our circle would be. Should I post it here or on the swap board?

Are we thinking this would be a Disney-themed CJ, a non-Disney themed one or anything goes? I'm thinking anything goes so each person could decide what they'd prefer.

Are any of my other CJ buddies from the last circle thinking of joining another?

Sounds great. I sent you a PM about helping out on this so let me know.

I like the anything goes idea - some of the items on the list sounded fun.

Nice to meet you all - lots of interesting lives, hobbies, families and it's great to know more about who's behind the posts. :wave2:

Ok, I am in with co-helping getting the CJ going!! And i think an August/Sept, date would be great.
Also, We could do 2 smaller groups if we had to, and anyone who wants to be in 2 groups could do so, but it might help if there is an over abundance of people wanting to join, it would keep it "managable" for the newbies. Just a thought!!

I am thinking that it would be like a "get to know each other" journal.. basically use your lo's to talk about whatever you want.. but, that would be a great "reference" for all of us to get to know each other. But, you can definately decorate your CJ in any Disney theme if you wish!! Would that work??

Also, NEW ENG. EEYORE, i will not have computer access til late tuesday (night) or Weds. so, if we get this going on Tues, please put me in.. and if there are 2 smaller groups, i will do both.. Then pm me with how i can help! :O)

I've really enjoyed the CJ I've been in, but people are right with their warnings. I'm still mad about the two MIA journals from this circle, and they weren't even mine. It's just rotten when something like that happens. Also, ours has gotten a little mixed up because of some late mailings. Lots of people had two books to work on at once while things got backed up. Right now I'm in a four month, no book gap because of the delays.

That said, I'm REALLY hoping that another one starts up soon. It's been great to get a book each month and see how other people scrap. I'm really looking forward to getting my book back as well. As long as you pick a theme that you're interested in, you're going to love the finished project.

I'd be up for either Disney or non-Disney themed books. Disney is fun because we all clearly love the subject matter. Non-Disney does open a lot of possibilities though. I've thought about how much fun it would be to do a recipe CJ. All those yummy ideas in the final product. My only worry would be that some people don't have pictures of their favorite food. Maybe I could contract with the Photography board on that one, get them to take the pictures for me...

Caitsmama said:
Also, We could do 2 smaller groups if we had to, and anyone who wants to be in 2 groups could do so, but it might help if there is an over abundance of people wanting to join, it would keep it "managable" for the newbies. Just a thought!!

Depending on the number of people interested, what if we did one small group of 6 with a six month journal and a larger group of 12 with a year long one? When I post the sign-ups maybe you can state your preference. That way if the thought of a year intimidates you, you can still get your feet wet.

For those of you who said they won't be around on Tuesday, I'll definitely mark you down. Let me know your preference for 6 months vs 1 year.

If I feel full of energy tomorrow night I might do it then, but odds are it'll probably be Tuesday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter