It's Thursday - where'd everyone go and who are you

vanyel

Mouseketeer<br><font color=db28a5>I like to escape
Ok, I wrote this whole long message and then lost it trying to add bullet points.

The gist - we're really quiet lately on this board - and as a newbie here, I really enjoyed the people. Some of you probably know each other but I thought with new ones around, maybe we can do intros.

Anyone interested?

I'll start and hope others join in.

Cathy from NW Indiana - transplanted from Western PA 20 yrs

48 yrs old - you don't have to give your age!
2nd marriage to a great guy who cooks and cleans - how lucky can I get
Hobbies - Reading (mysteries, sci-fi fantasy, british fiction, lots of other things, including those romances), beading, new to scrapbooking, flower gardening, dis boards, travel but don't do it enough
Kids - 2 dd, dd23 lives in Bloomington, IN, and DD25 - Portland oregon but is moving to the Detroit area to live w/her dad (temporarily)
Work at a university as a retention coordinator and an adjunct faculty member for English and SPEA
2 dd(dogs) dachsunds that I treat like kids now that I have an empty nest
8 trips to WDW - favorite resort was the Poly, 2nd - CSR

I know I'm rambling a bit but am hoping we start talking a bit more on the Creative Community.

I tried to put this in a list but I lost the first message so didn't try again.

Wendy from Missouri - born in Southern California, moved to KS in the 70's.

Single, work as a Customer Service Rep (same job for 15+ years), own my house - it's just me and my 3 dogs (schipperke named Gilly, schauzer mix named Tippy and beagle named Molly).

Hobbies: Scrapbooking, reading (mysteries mainly), watching movies, shopping, cooking, gardening, travel.

Trips to WDW: 5, all off property. Seriously thinking of a trip in early 2007, along with a trip planned to Williamsburg, Virginia in May 2007.

Hi Cathy :wave2:

I'm Nancy... leave west of Indianapolis! DH's family is from your direction.. So. Bend area... Been in Indiana all my life...

I'm married to DH of 10 years and loving every minute of it..
We have 5 children.. 3 of our own and 2 from his first marriage...but I consider them my own!!
Let's see.. I love to scrapbook, I just started avidly a year or so ago... I'd been doing it off and on for a few years and then the kids started school..now I'm getting back into it!

5 trips to WDW! 2 with DH and kids (others when I was younger in 70's/80s).. WE are planning a stay in July/August 2007... We are looking at dates now.. Trying to schedule thing around sports camps and 4-H for the kids..
I must say it's been quiet in here too.. I believe alot of vacations have been going on and some of our members still have little ones getting out of school this week.

HI,

I'm Rebecca, we live just about2 hours South of WDW in Florida. We have season passes and go up for weekend and day trips a least once a month and take a longer trip about once a year. I am married for almost 7 years, no kids but I teach so I get a new batch every year. Ijust started scrapbooking a few months ago. I move from craft to craft as I find things I want to create and sooner or later tend to move on and then back again. I love to read all kinds of fiction, sometimes I review books for different publications. My mother is an author so I go to the Christian Book convention with her each summer. I also take regular trips with the Church youth group that DH and I chaperone.

Hi guys, great thread!!!

Quick bio:
My name is Dyan I am going to be 40 next month (in WDW). :cool1:
I am married for 12 years and have two great kids! :goodvibes
I am a stay at home mom who sometimes subtitutes in Pre-K ESE classes. :teacher:
I love to buy scrapbook supplies! :teeth:
I live in Miami, Fl. :sunny:
I stopped counting WDW trips at 35, but know it is getting close to 50. :rolleyes1
I spend way to much time on the DIS. :surfweb:
I love reading, mostly as Cathy said, bodice-rippers! ;)
I love reality TV! popcorn::
I don't iron! :rolleyes:

It's nice meeting all of you! :wave2:

Nice to meet you all :wave2:

Isn't it fun getting these mini bios of everyone we "talk" to or "listen" to daily? Any more out there?

Hi there everyone. I'm Joy. I live in Shirley Massachusetts, right in the middle of the state, along the New Hampshire border. I've lived in lots of little Massachusetts towns but I keep finding myself drifting farther and farther west to get away from the crowds. I've been married for four years, no children as of yet, but two very large, entertaining cats help keep the house interesting.

I'm a teacher in a small town public school. I'm a special education co-teacher right now. I get to be in all of the third grade rooms as an additional teacher. As far as the kids are concerned, they all have two teachers, one of them just isn't in the room as much.

I love to scrapbook and craft, basically anything that keeps my hands busy. I love reading and am usually in the middle of two or three books at any given time. Lots nad lots of fantasy books, as well as some historical fiction. I love going back to young adult fiction. You'd be amazed at how many really good authors there are for that age range these days.

Here I go!!!

My name is Jenny and I live in Cary,NC. I'm 31 and will have been married for 2 years on July 31st. My DH and I are closing on our first house Tuesday and we move next week. I will have a whole scrapping place all to myself once we get there and I can't wait. No children yet but we have a cat name Kali and a dog named Loki who are not nearly as excited as we are to move. The boxes are making them nervous.

I love buying scrapbooking supplies. LOL maybe one day I'll actually get around to using some of them. I am also into making cards. I love the instant satisfaction you get from creating a card and giving it to someone.

I am addicted to TV. Just ask my DH and he will tell you. We have 2 Tivos and 4 VCRs and I have been known to use them all at the same time. Well ok maybe only 2 of the VCRS with the 2 tivos. And yes I do work full time and spend way to much time on the DIS while I'm here.

I love this thread and getting to read about everyone.

:wave:

Crystal from So. Cal here!
Tomorrow will be 9 months since our fairy tale wedding. We are avid Disney freaks! I like to make jewelry, crafts, and to bake. I work in architecture - we build shopping centers! Perfect for a shopoholic... :rotfl:

I've lost count of the times I've been to DL. I've been to WDW 5x and on the DCL once!

No kids, but we have a rambunctious, crazy, wild doggie named Shenzi...

My favorite character is Mickey...especially Sorcerer Mickey! My kitchen has a lot of Mickey in it - my most recent acquisition being the mickey kitchen timer! :thumbsup2

Hi! I'm Buffy and I'm a scrap addict and PrincessNancy's muse.
I'm from Blink and ya miss it, CT

I'm 32 and holding, I've been married to DH the photography addict for 13 years. (We feed our obsessions)

I'm a never at home mom to 3 boys 9,5,and 4 and our new daughter 3 months.

No pets anymore, our beloved golden, Popcorn, passed on last February from complications due to epilepsy. I couldn't go through that again.

Hobbies- buying scrap stuff, looking at scrap stuff, dreaming of using scrap stuff, reading bodice rippers LOL, cross stitch and DISing

WDW trips- 1 in 2004 at POR, 4 in 2005 3 at POR and 1 at the Contemporary.

Oh and I don't iron either. That's why they invented dry cleaners!!

PrincessNancy96 said:
I must say it's been quiet in here too.. I believe alot of vacations have been going on and some of our members still have little ones getting out of school this week.

That would be me.... darn snow!!! :furious:

What a great idea!!!! :thumbsup2

I'm Debbie from Delaware :wave2: Originally a Jersey Girl, been in DE for 23 yrs

Age - Ummmm, it's just a number... :3dglasses

Married to a born organized DH that just doesn't "get" his "artsy fartsy" (his words) blonde wife sometimes...He also cooks and cleans, and does laundry... He is actually better at it than I am...well, except for the cooking :stir:

Kids - 3 DS's, 2 are mine, and 1 DH's from his first marriage. Ages are 23, 18, and 14. DS23 is into computers, and made that his career. DS18 is a free spirit, into music, plays bass and guitar, and isn't sure what he wants to do, so is going to college but no major declared yet. DS14 is going to high school next year, into mangas, computers, and anime.

Work - At the big local hospital in the lab, part-time..

2 fur babies, 1 yellow lab, 1 choc lab. The yellow one likes to play ball and eat socks, garden gloves, and kitchen rags...how do I know?? We have had to have a sock-ectomy, and a glove-ectomy. The other things have passed, one way or another...eeewwwww...The choc one is a "good one", she is fiercely protective. She is a lover, calmed down at about 1 year old, and is just so sweet...and fat, she looks like a table, a big rectangle with 4 legs....

Hobbies - TOO MANY!!! DH once tried to count all the hobbies and gave up at 18. :confused3 My big 3 are Beading, Painting, and Scrapbooking.

Disney stuff - DVC Member. Castaway Club member. Wish we could live closer so I could visit "home" more! Have Disney things all over the house, DH and the kids just roll their eyes :lmao:

BernardandMissBianca said:
Hi! I'm Buffy and I'm a scrap addict and PrincessNancy's muse.
You are a riot!! :rotfl:

Without you where would I be? Oh, that's right.. fighting with that file folder that just would not cooperate to be in a swap! :lmao:

PrincessNancy96 said:
You are a riot!! :rotfl:

Without you where would I be? Oh, that's right.. fighting with that file folder that just would not cooperate to be in a swap! :lmao:

:ssst: :teeth: :lmao:

Guess it just wasn't swap material!

Nice to meet all of you! :wave:

I'm Suzanne, I'm 27 and I live in Peabody, Massachusetts - about 20 miles north of Boston but I grew up in Salem, MA - the infamous witch city! I've been married for 4 years (feels like 24 sometimes :crazy: ). I have 3 stepdaughters, ages 17, 16 and 13. That has been very interesting - crazy and wonderful. ;) We've had every possible variation of custody arrangements over the years but currently they live with their mom and visit us on the weekends. We just got a new baby - our kitten Lucky. He's the cutest cat in the world - seriously.

I work a lot so scrapbooking is the only hobby I have time for lately. I've been doing it for about 6 years now. I love to read but lately I find myself much more often vegging out in front of some mind-numbing TV. And DIS-ing of course!!

I am an official Disney Nut. I made 8 trips as a kid, then once I rediscovered it as an adult I've been 7 times since 2000 and two trips this year will pass my childhood tally. With no sign of stopping. :woohoo:

Hi everyone! :wave: I love this thread! Great idea!

My name is Brooke, and I live in Maryville, TN (that's in East Tennessee)--about 20 miles south of Knoxville. I will be 30 in September (ringing in my actual birthday at the Animal Kingdom! :simba: ). DH & I have been married for 6 1/2 wonderful years. He does the laundry and the cooking, so I am very fortunate! I guess he considers himself fortunate, too, since he doesn't have to eat MY cooking! :stir:

I am a high school guidance counselor at a high school about 20 miles south of where we live. Actually, the high school I attended (in the dark ages, my students would say) was consolidated with another high school. The resulting high school is where I work--so I am on the faculty with people who I had as teachers. Up until April, I have been a high school cheerleading coach. I gave that up for this next school year, so I'm hoping that gives me more time for scrapping and SWAPPING!

We don't have kids, but we have "fur" children. We have 2 cats--Fish (26 lbs.) and Maggy (4 lbs.), 2 golden retrievers (Buster & Keaton), and a lab mix named Lucy. DH & I live about a mile from KAMommy and her husband (GoofyDad869), and we eat dinner together about once a week. Her kids are my "adopted" human kids! ;)

I am, of course, a Disney addict and I'm married to one as well! Every room in our house has some sort of Disney theme (my mom, dad & brother just roll their eyes). DH & I have made 6 trips together, and we just became new DVC members. Our first trip "home" is in September, and we will be at SSR.

Ok, I'll stop with my novel now! :rotfl: This is such a great thread! Thanks for starting it!

PrincessNancy96 said:
:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :laughing:

Where's the tag fairy? That was a good one!!! :)

I guess she's MIA. Hey tag fairy I'll trade my sneezes for swappers!

Swappers Unite!!! ummm...never mind..... that just doesn't sound right..... :blush:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter