It's the final countdown.... Or final poll rather. POLL IS CLOSED!

Pick which dates you want for the 4th annual Girls-only trip?

• March 31 - April 4

• April 14 - 18

• No preference, just tell me when to go and I'm there!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I voted! I voted! And I managed to be decisive while not deciding on anything at all. You just tell me when and I'll show up.

Sunlover13 and CathrynRose voted - did I miss them posting hello and introducing themselves - or they just want to vote :confused3

I am AmyOkraSue

This will be my 4th trip, so most know me.

I do like walks in the rain, pina coladas...

I am old. oh, and I have a freakishly large head.

I think that is all.

Oh, and I iron, and am prone to bursts of craftiness.

But has she posted a hi and introduced herself here for this trip??

I guess I never looked for a post like that from here since I already know her from the boards.

I am AmyOkraSue

This will be my 4th trip, so most know me.

I do like walks in the rain, pina coladas...

I am old. oh, and I have a freakishly large head.

I think that is all.

Oh, and I iron, and am prone to bursts of craftiness.

You wanna share a bed?

I still haven't had the lobster nachos . . . .

everyone does . . . . .

I know I do!

Callie, my mom and I shared a plate of lobster nachos and a round of cocktails at Cove Bar while the group was at Ariel's. They were deeeeee-lish!

Bethy~can you please add my mom's vote for the first weekend? Thanks lady!

:confused3
Sunlover13 and CathrynRose voted - did I miss them posting hello and introducing themselves - or they just want to vote :confused3

They are going to stay in Calcutta! Why do people need to introduce themselves? Cat & Sun have been on the boards foreva!!
Cat & Sun are super cool!

Ok one question.....Why are we having a revote this year? Last year it was take the winning vote and get over it? But this year a revote with a no preference? I don't remember a no preference being in the top two dates.

:confused3

They are going to stay in Calcutta! Why do people need to introduce themselves? Cat & Sun have been on the boards foreva!!
Cat & Sun are super cool!

Ok one question.....Why are we having a revote this year? Last year it was take the winning vote and get over it? But this year a revote with a no preference? I don't remember a no preference being in the top two dates.

Why wouldn't they introduce themselves if they've never posted on the Diva thread before??

I'm removing my vote officially from the poll.

If anyone wants to take over keeping track of the results, feel free. If not, I will continue to track the results. If you want to cancel the whole revote that's okay too.

I'm sorry I upset anyone. I was only trying to be fair and keep the group happy. Clearly I have failed at that. Then again, I don't know if it's possible to keep 45-50 different ladies happy. Maybe someone else is better suited for the job.

If anyone wants to take over keeping track of the results, feel free. If not, I will continue to track the results. If you want to cancel the whole revote that's okay too.

I'm sorry I upset anyone. I was only trying to be fair and keep the group happy. Clearly I have failed at that. Then again, I don't know if it's possible to keep 45-50 different ladies happy. Maybe someone else is better suited for the job.

You can take mine off too.

I will 'fess up' that I expressed my displeasure to Beth about this year's voting procedure and the re-vote. Especially since the "rules" indicated that there would be a re-vote in the event of a tie.

Beth--I was very careful in my message to you to indicate that you were not to take it personally, but in the future that we needed to avoid misunderstandings about the procedure and throughly discuss options before jumping to a vote less than one week after everyone got back. If you will all recall, I came back sick, with a load of work and I know other ladies had families and other responsibilities that took much of their time last week--so they couldn't perhaps concentrate on the decision-making process. Given some of the posts I have seen for the rationale for the votes some people have cast it does not appear to me to have been fully thought through.

I also wanted to make sure that if we are going to do things as a "Diva"-group that everyone's input on activities is considered before decisions are made. My personal opinion is that this has not always been the case.

Beth: if you truly feel that you do not want to be a part of this group that is your decision--I hope that is not the case because I know you are valued by the group. If it was my single PM that caused you to post the above message that is and was not my intention.

Okay Beth. Absolutely NO ONE can make us all happy. In fact, I bet not all of us have the capacity to be happy, and certainly not all at the same time.

I have certainly proven that I have the uncanny ability to really piss people off with little effort...so I am not certain we have anyone jumping up and down asking for a chance to run this group.

I am sorry that in your efforts to try to please us...we try to push you around. Human nature I suppose.

So, put your vote back up you silly thing. (can I interest you in changing your date, howeve?r)

You can take mine off too.

Stacielee..I see the love you have for Beth here..and I understand it...but let us not let all this heat and fight and passion pull us apart...we have a year..we do..we will get over it, won't we?

OKay, maybe we won't and you all will want to vote ME off the island and come kick my a** out of Calcutta...but I HATE THIS!!!! So, Let's just Kiss and make up and have a group hug and cry and all that.

I will 'fess up' that I expressed my displeasure to Beth about this year's voting procedure and the re-vote. Especially since the "rules" indicated that there would be a re-vote in the event of a tie.

Beth--I was very careful in my message to you to indicate that you were not to take it personally, but in the future that we needed to avoid misunderstandings about the procedure and throughly discuss options before jumping to a vote less than one week after everyone got back. If you will all recall, I came back sick, with a load of work and I know other ladies had families and other responsibilities that took much of their time last week--so they couldn't perhaps concentrate on the decision-making process. Given some of the posts I have seen for the rationale for the votes some people have cast it does not appear to me to have been fully thought through.

I also wanted to make sure that if we are going to do things as a "Diva"-group that everyone's input on activities is considered before decisions are made. My personal opinion is that this has not always been the case.

Beth: if you truly feel that you do not want to be a part of this group that is your decision--I hope that is not the case because I know you are valued by the group. If it was my single PM that caused you to post the above message that is and was not my intention.

CHeryl.....the Lawyer voice, well said.

In our zeal to get planning, our excitement was high.

Let us calm down...Be friends and remember that the trip is what we can make of it.

AmyDuckingToAvoidTheHurledVegetablesOkraSue

Last year I received grief for not doing a revote. This year I am getting grief for doing one. I cannot win.
I had more than one person tell me on the trip that the sooner the dates were picked the better for their work and home situations. If it felt rushed, I'm sorry.

I just think maybe it's time I stepped down and let someone else take over. I'm not mad, nor do I want to distance myself from anyone. I just don't seem to be able to do a good job of it anymore and I'm fine with anyone else wanting to take over and try their hand at it. :)

I love this group and I'm sorry if I've upset any of you with my actions.

Stacielee..I see the love you have for Beth here..and I understand it...but let us not let all this heat and fight and passion pull us apart...we have a year..we do..we will get over it, won't we?

I'm just backing off for now, this is too much drama for me.

OK, friends. I think we all need to sleep on it. The trips are fun bonding experiences that we look forward to all year. The stress of picking a date is getting too, well, stressful.

Last year I received grief for not doing a revote. This year I am getting grief for doing one. I cannot win.
I had more than one person tell me on the trip that the sooner the dates were picked the better for their work and home situations. If it felt rushed, I'm sorry.

I just think maybe it's time I stepped down and let someone else take over. I'm not mad, nor do I want to distance myself from anyone. I just don't seem to be able to do a good job of it anymore and I'm fine with anyone else wanting to take over and try their hand at it. :)

I love this group and I'm sorry if I've upset any of you with my actions.

Sorry Beth..good luck with that!!! I am not seeing any takers!!;)

What is it my mom used to say, dam*** if you do, and dam*** if you don't!!

But, sleep well tonight and know while we are pissing and moaning...that is all it is...just complaining and making noise...when it all comes out in the wash we will have each others' backs...okay????

I'm just backing off for now, this is too much drama for me.

Okay...it is a bit of drama...and I was such the jock nerd in high school I really missed all this popular girl drama in high school, I really don't handle it very well either...my stomach feels all squirrelly...or as my DD said when she was about 2, "feels like I have a throat lizard".

So, as long as you Promise/PinkySwear to come back, I can handle that, but I think we really need to count your vote...you want to come during food and wine, that is cool.

Okay...You guys are driving me mad. I, AmyOkraSue, the hyper totally nonsensical member being the voice of reason...it ain't right, it just isn't.

So, we will all vote. We will all suck it up. We will all get along.

OR not.

Good night all. And take care.

AmySteppingOffTheSoapBoxForTheNightEvenThoughIDOn'tReallyKnowWhatThatMeansOkraSUe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter