It's getting really tiring

getting the "someone ate the page". :mad:

Be SURE to trash your browser's cache and cookies.

The MDX site seems to lack the ability to refresh those after the first Stitch posting and so it often won't
give you the correct site page even if there is not a current problem.

I get the you broke the internet page.

I first responded with HECK YEAH I JUST DID SOCIETY A FAVOR!!!

It was then I figured out I got it only because the page wouldn't open.

Their website is obnoxiously, atrociously written. If I wrote code like this I'd be laughed out of my office, it's incredibly inefficient, it has visible errors which areembarassing and frankly insecure. If I were one of the 'developers' (I don't think they deserve the title) for this, I'd be afraid to list it on my resume! I've done some extensive work analyzing the actual data flowing back and forth with the server during use of the site and app and it's... well frankly it looks like a college students first major project. Which it very well may have been, and it relies on a lot of state being held in the browser itself. What this means is, the server is trusting your computer to remember all the important little bits, but also does a bad job of giving it up to date information, and when the information doesn't match it can't recover. It should be able to, but it can't, so it ends up just giving up as soon as something is off, which happens a lot. Once this happens, you're stuck with outdated information that will keep breaking it until it eventually expires.

Long story short, this is why I only use MDE in incognito mode, so I can be sure to not have stale data. It makes it work a lot better (but still poorly and way too slow).

Matt

My mom had it too on chrome. I used ie and had no problems. Since chrome is such an issue for them I tend to stay away from it for MDE.

I tend to get it the most (when it's not acting up across the board for everyone) when I try to search for something such as any type of reservation while I'm only logged in via auto-log-in/remember me or whatever they call it. If I go to the sign in screen from the stitch screen and actually sign myself in, it then seems to do ok.

But the website is atrocious, I agree.

If you have google chrome, click the three dots on the top right of your screen and open an "Incognito" window. Seems to work really well for getting around Stitch's page eating proclivities.

Yes! When dealing with Disney's websites, an incognito window in chrome is your best friend.

Stitch ate my page yesterday and I tried the Chrome incognito window . . . It worked! Thank you for the great idea.

Love Disney, but we have said for years they need to really improve technology and the call center you get when you have to call before you arrive. A perfect example, we did a split stay and no one on the reservation phone line could tell us how the dining plan worked until we got here—we called several times and got different answers and speculations each call. We had to call because the website didn’t help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter