It's "Countdown Time"!! Food and Wine Festival in October!

Ms. WDW

A DIS Veteran who just won't grow up!
I just don't know what I've been doing, but I totally lost track of time!!! Well, maybe that's due to my hip surgery in April!! :rotfl::rotfl:

But now, that's over, and I'm ready to go to my "Happy Place" in October for the Food and Wine Festival! It's going to be another solo trip and I do love those trips!!:thumbsup2

I have 61 more days staying at the Boardwalk in a 1 BR. Love my Jacuzzi at night! :love: How about you?????

We'll be joining you!! I can't wait for the booking window to open for the events. Soooo looking forward to all the festivities!! :cool1:

Kelly

I am right there with you guys in October. So fired up and ready to be back in my "Happy Place" in Early October as well!

:figment: Me

:tinker: DSister

I'm with you!! This has become my favorite time of year to go to WDW! :thumbsup2

So who else will be Eating Their Way Around the World in October???

Any idea what activities/seminars/dinners you may want to experience???:scratchin

I will be attempting to book a signature dinner this year - a first for us. We are looking to go to The Beer Dinner with EPCOT Executive Chef Jens Dahlman. We are also hoping to book a Food and Wine Pairing in Morocco.

Other than that, I am impatiently waiting for the Culinary and Beverage Seminar schedule to come out. :)

Kelly

I will be attempting to book a signature dinner this year - a first for us. We are looking to go to The Beer Dinner with EPCOT Executive Chef Jens Dahlman. We are also hoping to book a Food and Wine Pairing in Morocco.

Other than that, I am impatiently waiting for the Culinary and Beverage Seminar schedule to come out. :)

Kelly

I definately want to do a Beverage Seminar and possibly a Food and Wine Pairing. I'll see what info is out now and try to narrow something down based on the dates I'll be there!

I successfully scheduled six beverage, mixology and culinary seminars!:)

Three wine seminars: Australia, Spain and South Africa.
Two culinary seminars: Old Port Royal: scallops and Tony's Town Square: beef
One mixology seminar: Bacardi

I was really happy to be able to book all of them. :) Hopefully my luck will hold out next week as well when I try to book the other two special events we would like to attend.

Kelly

I successfully scheduled six beverage, mixology and culinary seminars!:)

Three wine seminars: Australia, Spain and South Africa.
Two culinary seminars: Old Port Royal: scallops and Tony's Town Square: beef
One mixology seminar: Bacardi

I was really happy to be able to book all of them. :) Hopefully my luck will hold out next week as well when I try to book the other two special events we would like to attend.

Kelly
Good for you!!! I have to sit and look over all that's offered and see what interests me this year. So much to do; so little time! :rotfl:

Well I finally called MS and booked three Beverage seminars.

2 Wine seminars (Robert Mondavi and The Seeker)

1 Mixology seminar - BEAM. - Skinnygirl® Island Coconut Vodka, Cruzan® Passion Fruit Rum and Sauza® Blue Tequila Silver. Sounds yummy!! :rotfl2:

Should be fun since this is a "Mommy Only trip"! :cool1:

So who else is counting the days until they're in WDW for the F&W??

Just ordered some groceries from WeGoShop. Used their service many times in the past and I'm very pleased with their services.

Linda,

Does WeGoShop have a minimum order amount? I am considering using a grocery service instead of schlepping through the Super Target. I will have to convince DH. :)

I was able to book my Food & Wine Pairing and also the Radeberger Beer Dinner!! :yay: I am very excited. This will be our first signature dinner event.

Kelly

66 days for us!!!!!

YEAH!!!!! We are counting down! We went last year but did not get to enjoy it. We had a late breakfast at Cape May and we were FULL!!!!! We did nit try anything. We did walk around reading all the offerings. This year we are staying at BWV and will be within walking distance mush better idea!:woohoo:

I am thinking about getting a small grocery order for our first few days as we are doing a split stay.

1) Can I order and pay now?

2) If I use we shop, what is the cost?

3) I had planed on using Garden grocer because it seems cheaper in regard to delivery?

Thanks so much!

popcorn::

Wego has no minimum. I like them very much and I think this is my 5th time ordering from them.

As for ordering now and paying now, you can ask Amy Martin who owns the service. The website is WeGoShop.com and it prompts you for what area of the country you want. Website also gives you the delivery charges.

Linda,

Does WeGoShop have a minimum order amount? I am considering using a grocery service instead of schlepping through the Super Target. I will have to convince DH. :)

I was able to book my Food & Wine Pairing and also the Radeberger Beer Dinner!! :yay: I am very excited. This will be our first signature dinner event.

Kelly

Hi Kelly,

They don't have a minimum order amount. I like the fact that they will go to your preferred store and you don't have to pay the high prices for items once at the resort. It's great if you don't have a car; like me!! This trip is a "Mommy Only" trip and it's the Magical Express for me!!!

We'll be there too... going at the end of October. Haven't settled on a resort yet (my husband wants to do the poly but nothing comes up with my ap/fl discount so I haven't settled on one yet) but we have booked a cooking demo, a kitchen memories with Brian Voltaggio, and the tequila pairing lunch at La Hacienda. Can't wait...usually we just eat and drink around the world so this will be a little different for us :banana:

39 more days!!! I've lost track of the time!! Groceries are ordered and I'm ready to go now! :) Really looking forward to my trip! :cool1::cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter