IT'S 6 IN THE MORNING! A 24hr, SWW,Birthday Adventure--Updated 1/25x3!!!-FINISHED

Our adventure joining in with the Dark Side had temporarily come to a halt for now as we headed over to venture through far off worlds, and most importantly….get some food in our bellies. We zipped through the store at the entrance to the International Gateway to pick up a few bottles of water and take in the air conditioning, when I started to look at the Vera Bradley bags! I knew I needed a new cross body bag for the parks (the old Tinkerbell one I had had been sewed back together a few times already). I’d thought about a Dooney, but those are even more pricey, and a little too small for me, eventually between Jenna & I we had me convinced, I mean, it could count as a birthday present for me, right?! We stopped briefly outside the shop so I could re arrange everything and throw out the stained, dirty and sewed together bag, and then it was off to France!

The bakery back there was our target for food, I knew they had some good stuff, and some vegetarian choices, so it was a good place for us to hit being the starving folk that we were! And this, is where the moment kinda hit me…I was standing there, waiting to pay beside Jenna inside the bakery when it really hit me that I had gotten the cultural rep job…that in a mere 4 months (at the time) I would be living in and working for Disney, doing what the people who were currently serving me were doing, and I MAY have had the tiniest little emotional freak out inside! Lol. It was a weird moment.

Lunch though, was clearly the more important part of the day….we both got sandwiches, I got the ham & swiss with a chocolate mousse for dessert while Jenna opted for the brie, apple slices and cranberry with an éclair for dessert! I also took the opportunity to get a mimosa, because after the stress and grumpiness of the morning, we both needed it (and yes, I shared…)

Lunch was super good, and just what we both needed, some food in our bellies, a little booze to blow off the steam, and some great desserts! Jenna wasn’t the hugest fan of her sandwich, it was kinda weird, but LOVED the éclair, and I loved everything lol! We did end up both wrapping up our sandwiches to take with us as we explored, I ate some pieces of mine later, but I think Jenna just threw hers out. Lol.

Our first stop was Morocco, where we found some awesome lamps we both wanted.

Only to find out the next day they were made from sheep skin…or like…stomach or something kinda weird like that…something that made Jenna not like them anymore, bahah!

We spent a VERY decent chunk of time in Morrocco, and it really made Jenna want to travel, explore, and fall in love with it! I definitely have a love for this pavilion, it’s probably the prettiest, and has a lot of stuff to explore and look at, which made us both happy!

We wandered through the stores in Japan, and of course, had to make sure we got a selfie in there!

Before we moved on to ‘Murica, where we stopped for a bathroom break.

The journey through Italy was brief, but we did enough to check out as many of the cute cast members as we could (bahaha) before moving onto Germany.

Jenna asked where we were and when I told her it went something like this: “awe man, Germany! A beer would be so good from here!” I laughed and told her that that was why I had held off on another drink, I knew she’d want to share a beer from here! Lol. We jumped in line for the kiosk more inside the pavilion and “lucked out” to be in front of a douchey group of young adult guys…yay… (can you feel the sarcasm?) They’d clearly been drinking, and were commenting on the looks of the girls that were serving in Germany, and some of the comments were not the nicest, leading to Jenna & I having an eye rolling conversation. We also heard them be all
“ew grapefruit beer that can’t be good.” What did we get? The grapefruit beer please & thanks! Hilariously, as we walked away, we heard one of the guys loudly order the grapefruit beer. Thanks bub, just because you saw two cute blondes order a certain kind of beer and then you order it doesn’t mean we’re gonna like you…you’re a poop head.

Sometime after that I clearly needed 2 hands so I passed the beer off to Jenna and this happened:

And we left Germany behind

We did see Mulan out and about, and the Chinese acrobats, but didn’t stop long for either, it was HOT still, and air conditioning was nice!

It was nice to see Norway not nearly as crowded with Anna & Elsa down, but the wait for Maelstorm was still OVER half an hour! YIKES!

I’m pretty sure we stopped inside the pavilion to take a look around, and then we circled through over to the Future World side of the park for some lovely pictures!

The black & white one is another favorite from the day! We continued our adventure through Canada & the UK where I grabbed a Welsh Dragon from the Rose & Crown, Jenna and I commented on HOW SUPER ATTRACTIVE EVERYONE WAS, and we grabbed a seat in the little gardens behind the tea shoppe! It was just after 4:30 now, and we had had a lovely afternoon through Epcot, and Quintin (who was in FoF earlier in the week!) was just getting off work and came over to hang out for a bit. He’d been up at the front of the park hanging with Pluto all day and was relieved to be relaxing now!

The three of us just sat on that bench hanging out, talking and relaxing for probably another half hour. Honestly, and you guys know this, I’m one for go-go-go-go-go-ing on Disney trips, rushing from one place to another, but this year, there has been a lot of differences in that way. January I slept in and went to the gym, April Suzie & I slept in and took a relaxing trip around the world, and with Jenna, it was such a nice relief to be able to slowly go through everything and really explore. She’d voice her opinion if she wanted to go on a ride again or do something different, but especially with Epcot, she was MORE than okay just wandering or relaxing. The time we spent together on this trip truly was amazing and wonderful, and this half hour on that bench in the UK was just as fantastic as the rest of it.

Eventually, Quintin decided he had to go, and Jenna and I decided we should probably get a move on as well! We walked back through the International Gateway and through the Boardwalk in search of some dinner. We eventually ended up over at the Yacht Club where the counter service place had no good choices, and Beaches & Cream was full. I also searched aimlessly through the gift shop to try and find some decongestant. See, another reason I hadn’t been doing too well that day, I was definitely getting sick. Jenna’d been fighting off something before we left, and had probably kicked it’s butt, but after 2 nights of sharing a bed, and water bottles, it’d passed along to me! SAD DAYS! I also couldn’t find any decongestant’s in packages and had to buy them one by one….EVEN SADDER DAYS.

Finally, we found our way out to the little counter service place by the pool bar, and ended up both getting some kids grilled cheese sandwiches that came in sand pails! We had a lot of a mix up with the sides, Jenna just wanted double fries, and that came out wrong, and then mine came with fries even though I just wanted grapes & apple slices. *sigh * We promptly then took our sand pail meals over to the bar to sit down and eat, bahhaha!

Doing his job the bartender greeted us and we had a nice little chat with him before he asked if we needed any drinks, and of course when I ordered one, he asked for ID, half apologizing for it. I told him there was no need, I was eating a grilled cheese out of a sand pail, I’d ID me too! Lol.

As we ate, it started to rain, which then turned into a DOWNPOUR of a HUGE thunder & lightning storm, so we were super glad to be under cover for it! We also noticed the families beside us, two of them, and once the kids were done eating, the wife’s took them upstairs for a nap or something or other, and the Dad’s promptly starting half leering over at us. They didn’t say anything, but the vibe was there, and the eyeing was there…clearly I was of age because I had a drink, but lets be real, Jenna looks about 17, and with no drink, there was no proof of age…and that’s REAL AWKWARD.

Luckily for us the rain storm soon ended, and food and drink fueled us to walk all the way back to Hollywood Studios, because, why not?! It was a really nice walk, that we both definitely did barefoot, and enjoyed each other’s company the entire way!

The bakery in France is always a great decision. Always.

You know, I always hear things about cute CMs in Italy and I'm not sure if I've ever seen any.

Ugh, of course there will always be people who are obnoxious tools. Sorry you had to deal with them.

Sick is not fun :( But meals out of sand pails are fun. Even if they are grilled cheese.

Creepy strangers again? Eeek. That's bad luck. At least the rain cleared up and you were able to go.

Yeah, I would imagine being in Epcot where you'll actually be working would bring on some emotions. Totally makes sense. Kinda sweet too.

Oh yeah Morocco Rocks!! I imagine so many people give it a quick glance at best, but exploring around the back, there is SO MUCH to see.

Wait, World Showcase also has male CM's?? :confused3

As much as I detest obnoxious people, part of me still enjoys the entertainment value of their annoying-ness. A small part, but a part nonetheless.

Oh good lord, you always find the creepy guys, lol. Awkward indeed!

That is awesome to tour the park and area of the park you will be working :goodvibes

I hate annoying people, I wish that when people stepped into Disney they were all sprinkled with pixie dust that made them be nice!

I have never spent much time in the World Showcase but hope to one day really take a day to walk into the countries (instead of just walking by) and enjoy them.

Wow I would have been creeped out with the guy at the pool, glad the weather cleared up for you so you could get out of there ::yes::

The France bakery definitely has some good options - though sorry Jenna didn't enjoy her sandwich more. I love the Moroccan pavilion and think they have a bunch of great stuff for sale - though part of me wonders how much stuff they actually sell :confused3

'Merica - the bathroom break of the World Showcase :rotfl2:

yeah, guys are the worst ;) I am a pretty hardcore dark craft beer person, but on a hot day, that Grapefruit Beer is pretty darn refreshing!

Reading about you having the beach pails and then getting a drink makes me fondly remember the Beach Club at Pleasure Island where they would serve the drinks in beach pails

The bakery in France is always a great decision. Always.

You know, I always hear things about cute CMs in Italy and I'm not sure if I've ever seen any.

Ugh, of course there will always be people who are obnoxious tools. Sorry you had to deal with them.

Sick is not fun :( But meals out of sand pails are fun. Even if they are grilled cheese.

Creepy strangers again? Eeek. That's bad luck. At least the rain cleared up and you were able to go.

Always!!

Bahahah! I think it might depend on the day, sometimes you do a lap around WS and everyone's super attractive and sometimes there's no such luck!!

Hahha truth!! Yeah, it proved for an interesting evening that's for sure!

Yeah, I would imagine being in Epcot where you'll actually be working would bring on some emotions. Totally makes sense. Kinda sweet too.

Oh yeah Morocco Rocks!! I imagine so many people give it a quick glance at best, but exploring around the back, there is SO MUCH to see.

Wait, World Showcase also has male CM's?? :confused3

As much as I detest obnoxious people, part of me still enjoys the entertainment value of their annoying-ness. A small part, but a part nonetheless.

Oh good lord, you always find the creepy guys, lol. Awkward indeed!

Hahaha yeah, it was a moment! lol.

It's so amazing!!

BAHAHAHA! Yes, they do....:lmao:

I always find the creepy guys? Lol. Do you remember something I don't? Or perhaps I've blocked it out by now? lol!!!

That is awesome to tour the park and area of the park you will be working :goodvibes

I hate annoying people, I wish that when people stepped into Disney they were all sprinkled with pixie dust that made them be nice!

I have never spent much time in the World Showcase but hope to one day really take a day to walk into the countries (instead of just walking by) and enjoy them.

Wow I would have been creeped out with the guy at the pool, glad the weather cleared up for you so you could get out of there ::yes::

It would be lovely if people were lovely in disney, but i feel like it's more the opposite case!

It was super awkward, we were very happy when we were able to elave!

The France bakery definitely has some good options - though sorry Jenna didn't enjoy her sandwich more. I love the Moroccan pavilion and think they have a bunch of great stuff for sale - though part of me wonders how much stuff they actually sell :confused3

'Merica - the bathroom break of the World Showcase :rotfl2:

yeah, guys are the worst ;) I am a pretty hardcore dark craft beer person, but on a hot day, that Grapefruit Beer is pretty darn refreshing!

Reading about you having the beach pails and then getting a drink makes me fondly remember the Beach Club at Pleasure Island where they would serve the drinks in beach pails

I love morocco too! She wasn't sure at that point how she'd feel about it so we didn't head there for food!!

Bahah, so true!!

It really is! Had one the other day & it's just perfect!!

Lol!!! I could imagine that! My old work had sand pail drinks too!!

Jenna & I had escaped the rain, and the weird Dads over at Yacht Club with the intention of going on some adventures before the evening fun began at DHS! We checked the wait for Tower and it was just too long, so I suggested we jump in the single rider line at RnR so she could experience it! We didn’t wait long, I bailed at the chicken exit and found a spot to charge our phones in the gift shop. Jenna found me before I even thought she’d be off the ride, and she said she’d loved the ride! I asked if she wanted the picture and she said there was a weird dude beside her so she didn’t care, bahahaha!

The two of us had one very important mission left on our minds from that morning, and that required us to get back into Darth’s Maul (which again, was no problem) and get ourselves some of these babies: (we also noticed that there was some different merchandise out from that morning…weird)

We couldn’t decide what cupcake to get so we each got one and split them both, but the winner was DEFINITELY the Vader peanut butter cupcake! I mean, it’s chocolate, it’s peanut butter, and it’s the dark side, it clearly WINS! We barely touched the other one…and speaking of Dark Side’s….the drink SUCKED! I honestly had to check my receipt to see if they had given me the non alcoholic one…but I had been charged for the boozey one…though I hadn’t been ID’d…so WHO FREKAING KNOWS?! But it tasted like watered down kool aid….sad days.

Cupcakes finished as much as we could, we headed back towards the crossroads of the Hat and the Boulevard leading to Fantasmic’s theater so we could try and hit both. We cracked open our glow stick light sabers that I’d gotten at Dollarama (and I messaged this picture to Scott, saying that we’d found bigger lightsabers….maybe now Maul would take us on? Bahaha)

And before we knew it, the show was about to begin! We were pretty far back, so these are the best I could do with the camera in one hand, up on my tippiest of tippy toes holding my hand up, holding onto Jenna for balance with the other hand…so my apologies lol!

And when the fireworks spectacular began, Jenna was the smart one that turned to me and said “I’ll picture, you video?” THANK YOU BRILLIANT SOUL!

Now, we all obviously know that Disney does GREAT things and their fireworks displays are always amazing and beautiful and to die for, but I was seriously blown away by the spectacle we saw tonight! Maybe it was because it was something NEW to me, maybe it was my newfound love for Star Wars, who knows?

It looks like a starry filled sky!

The show was seriously incredible, and for it just being set to Star Wars music, it was amazing, the finale was HUGE, deafening and all around perfection. I do have to say, just from seeing videos of it, I WISH they’d still do Hyperspace Hoopla though! I wish they’d add it in like a Dream Along thing, a show they do multiple times a day, just to help thin the crowds out a bit cause we wouldn’t have seen ANY of it if it had been done that night! Lol.

Once the fireworks were over, before the lights even came up, we DASHED our way down towards the amphitheater, and with our magical weaving powers, made it all the way up to the FRONT of the rope and had to actually wait for them to open for Fantasmic! WHOOT WHOOT!

While we waited I played around with my phone and Jenna played around with her camera…..

I told her if she wanted to see the glowing to turn her flash off…

I’m pretty sure the cupcake high had hit her around this point, we were both fighting each other with our light sabers, and she was constantly taking ridiculous photos of me with me just ignoring her…I’ve simply chosen the least horrible of the bunch to share with ya’ll ,bahahah! Luckily for me, we were let in relatively quickly, and withour magical skills, managed to be at the very front, and as far center as we could get! HECK YES!

While we waited we witnessed a complete pin head of a Dad, who clearly was raising these pretentious children to think that whatever they say is right and they’re better than everyone else, especially those in customer service jobs. I’m pretty sure the poor CM he was dealing with (over the pop corn he bought from her pre boxed being too stale…twice) was nearly in tears when she finally walked away. Sad, sad days. Luckily, the other family in front of us was a younger Mom, her like, I wanna say 4 year old daughter, and the Mom’s friend (or partner, but it seemed like a friend situation) who was just the CUTEST little girl ON EARTH!

The show began, and try as I might, it was still difficult to photograph…as always! I also was SUPER proud of the small girl in front of us because when the cannon went off in the Poca scene, both Jenna & I jumped, and she didn’t even WINCE!

Let me tell you, that fire was HOT tonight!

And Mickey saves the day!! Thank goodness!

Ahhh the finale….the most heart breaking gut wrenching part of the entire show. I mean, the boat is one part that kills me, but it kills me with happy thoughts and smiles and soft cuddly kittens, then Mickey BAM’S up on top of the mountain and I AM JUST COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY DONE FOR ONCE AND FOR ALLLL TIME FOR EVER AND EVER!

We both really enjoyed the show, and took our time getting out of the theater, but once we were up those bleachers, we used our weaving powers to get out of the crowds, and Jenna took a bathroom break while I gazed upon my beloved hotel.

At about ten minutes past eleven, we were heading out of the park, but we did get in a little bit of a fight on the way out….whoops…

Wait….if we’re both on the dark side….why are we fighting?!

THAT’S BETTER!!

The two of us found a huge line at the Pop Century stop, so we hopped onto the AoA bus and walked through from over there…again…lol…we had yet to actually take a bus back to our own resort that week! I stopped at the atm, and picked up some mor medicine in hopes that tomorrow would be better, Jenna grabbed some tea and a snack and we headed up to the room for showers and bed. I definitely needed sleep to try and kick whatever this cold that was coming in was, and it had been a long day of fighting to save (break?) the galaxy! Sweet dreams!

Haha, now I want to see that RnRC ride photo. :lmao:

Oh no, the drink sucked??? Hmmm, maybe they did go easy on the alcohol. Not cool.

I LOVE DOLLARAMA!!!! Sorry, that just needed to be said.

I've only seen the Frozen fireworks, but DHS does do some impressive fireworks, so set to Star Wars would be so awesome.

Hahahaha, I love the cannon because I swear I am usually the only one plugging his ears. People must think I'm weird until the cannon blast and everyone JUMPS. Then I look like a genius. Good times.

Thanks for the pics of Ariel. :)

And incidentally, this was the first time I noticed your avatar as "Location: Orlando, Fl". :dance3: :woohoo:

Katt, I'm too far behind to comment (both my mother and brother are ill and I've been running back and forth after 8+ hours at the office to see them both). I did read the update and loved it. I like your Fantasmic pictures and the pics of you and your friend with the Star Wars border. And I am so mad I forgot to get that Darth cupcake in June. :(

Mmm those cupcakes look uber good right about now.

Sympthony in the Stars is so great. It was the fireworks winner for our friends.

Mad skills to have to wait for Fantasmic to open. I commend you.

Very fab pictures on your way out.

And hey, if the bus line is shorter, it's better to walk than to wait.

Haha, now I want to see that RnRC ride photo. :lmao:

Oh no, the drink sucked??? Hmmm, maybe they did go easy on the alcohol. Not cool.

I LOVE DOLLARAMA!!!! Sorry, that just needed to be said.

I've only seen the Frozen fireworks, but DHS does do some impressive fireworks, so set to Star Wars would be so awesome.

Hahahaha, I love the cannon because I swear I am usually the only one plugging his ears. People must think I'm weird until the cannon blast and everyone JUMPS. Then I look like a genius. Good times.

Thanks for the pics of Ariel. :)

And incidentally, this was the first time I noticed your avatar as "Location: Orlando, Fl". :dance3: :woohoo:

Lol, yeah, I'm sure ti would've been a good one!

It was odd, most people said they loved it & it was so awesome but I really didn't enjoy it...

RIGHT?! It's amazing!!

I never got the Frozen ones, but the sww ones were fabulous! Super excited for it again next year!

Bahaha!

Lol, no worries!

Yay!!!

Katt, I'm too far behind to comment (both my mother and brother are ill and I've been running back and forth after 8+ hours at the office to see them both). I did read the update and loved it. I like your Fantasmic pictures and the pics of you and your friend with the Star Wars border. And I am so mad I forgot to get that Darth cupcake in June. :(

Oh no! Hope everything is going better for ya now!

Thank you!!!

Mmm those cupcakes look uber good right about now.

Sympthony in the Stars is so great. It was the fireworks winner for our friends.

Mad skills to have to wait for Fantasmic to open. I commend you.

Very fab pictures on your way out.

And hey, if the bus line is shorter, it's better to walk than to wait.

They were delicious!!

SWW fireworks were seriously amazing!!

Lol, thank you so much!

GOOOOOOD MOOOORRRNNNIIIINNNNNGGGG!!!! Well ladies & gents, if you think that today was back to normal and we got up rarin to go after a day battling with the rebels & the dark side….you were wrong….

I know, shocking, right?! Jenna was tired, I was still feeling pretty sick, so when the first alarm went off, I rolled over, asked “do you wanna keep sleeping a bit?” and when Jenna said yes, it was back to bed we went!

We slowly started getting up and moving a while later, Disneybounds on (double Belle’s today! Jenna mentioned she wanted to do either ballgown Belle or Beast, and I had been wanting to do blue dress Belle, so it worked) I attempted to drug myself up with advil (my throat was getting pretty bad today, I was starting to lose my voice…ecck).

Once we got on our way, we were arriving into Epcot around 11:30! Jenna did ask “weren’t we going back to Hollywood?” and I told her we were originally going to, to hit up some rides, but sleeping in took up that time, and we’d go back the next day!

Naturally, some photopass’s were in order! The photographer then told us to “do a silly one”

“That’s all you’ve got?!”

Yup…we are SOME CLASS ACT PRINCESSES!

In case you hadn’t realized that already….

Our first stop of the day would be over to see Belle, so we headed there first, and I caught a (what I think) is a beautiful monorail shot!

LOVE! You can just FEEL the Epcot feels! Belle wasn’t out yet, but we jumped in the line knowing it would get cut off if we didn’t, and we commented that it was hot…too damn hot…bahaha, the line was definitely way too in the sun, but hey, it’s all worth it at the end of the day!

Belle was super cute, there was no huge notice of our Disneybound, but did comment to Jenna that she “had her ballgown on today” and that she loved both of our “lovely dresses” I wrote down that she was super interactive, but I was writing down notes at the end of the day #whoops. SORRY! Lol. She was great either way!

We thanked the lovely bookworm, and since it was around noon, there was no better thing to do than get a GM slush! AM I RIGHT?! Ugh, I cannot WAIT to have one again!! Slush in hand, we moved to the other side of France and jumped into line for Aurora, she was coming out soon and the line was about 5 people deep, so it was nice. During our wait there was a small part of a school choir/arts group behind us, and it was super funny to us because there was this girl who was loud, a little obnoxious, couldn’t deal with the heat, and was just EXACTLY like Jenna’s old roommate! It was seriously hilarious.

I wanna say Aurora came out around 12:45, judging by the time on our photos being 12:48, and boy did we have a LOVELY time with her. Aurora’s my girl, and her friend today is an Instagram friend of mine, so we of course greeted each other like old friends and with the BEST HUGS!

She commented that she hadn’t expected to see me so soon, and asked how I was, I told her it seemed like a sea witch was stealing my voice, but aside from that I was doing okay. Aurora hoped that there wasn’t actually a sea witch after my voice and wished I get better soon!

She said that she loved our dresses, and that Jenna reminded her of her friend Belle, and asked if we had been to see her yet! Jenna was quick to mention that I was doing the other dress, and Aurora said that we were just both so lovely!

And then we took a MILLION photos!

The photopass even said “and hold on, just one more for instagram!” bahahaha, and he actually turned my phone into the square mode to take a couple of pictures for us! Overall it was seriously SUCH an amazing experience, the attendant, photopass and of course Aurora were all amazing wonderful and so much fun to hang out with for that little bit of time. Aurora is seriously amazing and perfect, so beautiful and clearly has just the greatest heart, it truly makes me so incredibly happy to have been brought together with so many friends through social media stuff!!

Waving good bye to Aurora we continued on our journey through World Showcase, naturally, taking a lot of time through Morocco!

We checked in on the characters, but it was STILL JUST Jasmine, so we didn’t bother, and hoped her counterpart would be out at MK the next day, and continued on our way over into America!

And as we walked past the entrance, I noticed the Voices of Liberty were singing!! I had a bit of a freak out and dragged Jenna inside to watch. Obviously, both of us were in complete AWE (I have no pictures, we were both definitely videoing lol, there’s a bunch in my trip video!) They were completely amazing, there is so much raw and incredible talent from each and every one of them! We stayed for their full set, but moved back outside once they directed everyone in for the movie. Jenna and I commented that it was interesting to watch them perform to see which of them were clearly classically trained in opera style, or had more experience performing with that style vs the two that clearly had been doing some more commercialized singing stuff, interesting stuff to us!

The ceiling that makes them sound just that much better! Lol, cause ya know, they’re not amazing enough as is, bahaha! We skipped out on the movie, and moved on along. When we reached Norway, I decided I was getting a little hungry, and a snack would do right about now, so we headed into the bakery. I knew I didn’t want School Bread (shocking I know, but hey, more for you!) so I ended up taking quite a bit of time deciding what I wanted….which I IMMEDIATELY REGRETTED.

There was a family beside/behind us that the kids were just the WHINIEST BRATTIEST MOST SPOILED THINGS, and the Mother was letting them do whatever….spoiled…..They of course, wanted the Frozen cupcakes, but IT HAD TO BE ELSA! Then they were getting the Olaf treat (marshmallows on a straw) and after they were served them, Mom asked if she could get one with a yellow straw, and one with a blue one….and the poor CM had to go all the way to the back to get another one…..and then they took FOREVER to pay and it was just a super headache for everyone involved…..

BUT I GOT MY TREAT

I ended up opting for the sweet pretzel, which was really nothing like a pretzel except for the shape…but hey, it was super tasty! We sat in the little courtyard for a bit (SHADE) and just hung out while we watched the antics of the same insane family from earlier.

With my belly a little more full from our pit stop over in Norway, we moved along over into Mexico, where I went to get a Cucumber Margarita! The PERFECT and refreshing drink, especially when you don’t want to have anything blended (they take too long to drink, seriously) I remember having a little bit of hassle with the bartender and my ID, ugh….See, us Canadians have to have our passports, because they don’t accept Canadian Drivers Liscences in Disney anymore…..well, I’m not carrying my passport around all the time (and when we went to House of Blues in April they only needed my Canada ID…) so I have a photocopy of it and my liscence, and that’s more than okay! However today the guy chose to kinda be a prick about it, and give me a hard time, but gave me the drink anyways….*sigh *

As we were about to head out of the Paviillion to cross back over into Canada (bahaha) we noticed that it had begun to rain….and rain HEAVILY!

We discussed getting poncho’s and walked down to buy some but Jenna wans’t going to pay that much, and I ended up being a wuss when it came to the rain today, so we were just goint to wait it out….until Jenna had to pee. She asked where the nearest bathroom was, a CM directed her, and she disappeared. A little bit later, I got a text from her saying “THAT LADY LIED! THE BATHROOM IS NOT JUST AROUND THE CORNER, IT’S ALL THE WAY OVER IN FREAKING CANADA!”

WHAT?!

Thinking she had turned the wrong way I asked her if she maybe meant Norway, or if she had gone all the way across the promenade…no worries…she was in Norway! But had still gotten soaked, and the rain had just picked up heavier and heavier since she’d left, and she didn’t want to get that wet again.

So Jenna was trapped in Norway.

And I was stuck in Mexico (wow….just like Sept….) with a drink that I was slowly finishing by myself….I texted Jenna to jokingly tell her I was going to be drunk by the time she got back! Bahaha. I was also texting with Victoria, as she was joining us for dinner that night! She was just getting off work over at MK and somehow managed to miss the entire downpour of rain!

Eventually Jenna braved it and made it back over to Mexico in time to help me finish my drink, and we noticed that Donald had moved inside to continue doing sets!

LOVE it when they get the “selfie in progress” picture!

He was super adorable as always, and nicely for us ,the rain was letting up when we were finishing up with him! Victoria wasn’t quite at the park yet, and Jenna & I were in need of a snack…neither of us had really eaten anything that day, so we all met up over at Sunshine Seasons where Jenna & I shared a fruit & cheese plate and caught up with Victoria’s day at work!

Snacks eaten we headed back on course over into Canada. Jenna had been really wondering what kind of questions the CM’s in there get asked, and also REALLY wanted to put on a fake accent and be all “tell me about your country” to them, just to see what they would say. Giggles controlled, we headed up to the merchandise stand outside, and the VERY FIRST NAMETAG WE SAW SAID FREAKING OKOTOKS!!

….which is a teeny tiny town about 30 minutes away from Calgary….

And we had previously discussed how there was never anyone from Alberta in the pavilion, but lo and behold, legitimately EVERYONE that was out there that day was from Alberta……So Jenna dropped the accent, freaked out, and we spent a good amount of time chatting with them. They were all super friendly (duh) and we discussed working on the Cultural Rep program as I’m starting it in October, and we started trading pins. This is where Jenna’s interest peaked again….she saw a pin she really wanted, so I gave her one of my randoms to trade with, and then she got HOOOOKED. So I threw her a bunch of my random ones to trade with for the rest of the day! And our pin trading fiasco BEGAN! Inside the store first!

I had to take a picture of that…it’s a hockey player….made out of maple syrup…I captioned it on Instagram “is this really what they think of us?!”
Bahahah. The three of us headed up to the back of the pavilion, to get a birds eye view on the waterfall and greenery up there, which was actually a place I’d never been before! Jenna also really wanted to see where I would end up working, so she asked if we could go into Le Cellier and the cast members were lovely enough to let us take a look into the dining room to check things out. We thanked them, and moved along!

We pin traded our way through the rest of the countries, Jenna & I for ourselves, and Victoria so she could trade out some of the crappy ones on her work lanyard so she’d have good ones to give kids the next couple of days! We stopped for some photos on the bridge into France:

Where the photopass picked up on the Disneybounding, and dubbed Vicotira as Alice in Wonderland, which totally worked, I also joked that she was just still in attendant garb since the colouring was right, bahah!

And then the photographer told us to be like models, and pose a little more, so this happened:

We traded out way around the world, and in Germany, I found some hilariously adorable cheese treats that I’m seriously still regretting not buying, maybe next time!

Over in Italy, we again stopped for some more photopass pictures, where the photographer was seriously amazing. He kept calling us princess sisters, and had us do a TON of poses, including solo ones that I only have of Jenna since I think the rest only got scanned onto Victoria’s card, SAD DAYS

We continued our way around the world and made it all the way back to the front of the park where I asked if we wanted to meet Duffy, and of course the answer was yes, he’s so stinkin cute!

Like, I actually love him. He gave us all the biggest hugs, blew us all kisses and we all got lots of love and it was adorably adorable!

I hate when people let their kids act up while in Disney, my last trip my husband almost walked out with Becky because she was acting up. When she realized we were serious she stopped. It's as easy as that (well at least for my kids!)

I agree, it IS a beautiful monorail shot. And well done also since I was just recently commenting that failing to take a monorail shot is grounds for arrest.

"there was no better thing to do than get a GM slush! AM I RIGHT?!" YES you are right, although do prefer the GGS, but that's ok.

VOICES OF LIBERTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: They are my FOTLK, lol.

I'm a little disappointed that Jenna mistook Norway for Canada, but given the circumstances I can let it slide.

I'm still working my way around the DIS trying to get caught up from my October trip. And I leave for WDW in 10 days so I'll just get way behind again. Sigh....

But at least I'm caught up on this one. Your pictures with Duffy reminded me that I want to meet him this trip. I've read some rumors that he is going to be replaced next year with Daisy Duck so it might be my last chance!

I hate when people let their kids act up while in Disney, my last trip my husband almost walked out with Becky because she was acting up. When she realized we were serious she stopped. It's as easy as that (well at least for my kids!)

It is super annoying lol!

I agree, it IS a beautiful monorail shot. And well done also since I was just recently commenting that failing to take a monorail shot is grounds for arrest.

"there was no better thing to do than get a GM slush! AM I RIGHT?!" YES you are right, although do prefer the GGS, but that's ok.

VOICES OF LIBERTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: They are my FOTLK, lol.

I'm a little disappointed that Jenna mistook Norway for Canada, but given the circumstances I can let it slide.

Thank you!! Bahahha

There's never a better thing to do lol!

Lol, excellent! They are so tatelented!!

Bahah i think she was just confused! who knows!

As we continued over to Future World, Victoria asked if Jenna had tried the Beverly yet, so naturally we headed into Club Cool to try out some tasty (and some not so tasty) drinks. We also had the pop vs soda conversation while we were in here, lol. Scott made fun of me for calling it “pop”, and other people definitely think it’s weird….ah well…it’s probably only a matter of time before I start calling it “soda” bahah!

We spent some time trying a bunch of different ones, and I was happy to see that they’d changed up a couple of them since I’d last been there! Jenna cursed us for making her try the Beverly, and then for some reason I decided to try the Beverly…like I didn’t know what was coming?!? #DURP

It was then time for us to use our fast passes for Soarin! Victoria didn’t have one so she found an outlet to charge her phone and said she’d check is in to dinner if we weren’t off the ride in time, yay!

We had a fantastic flight, laughed over KRONK being in the intro…and my HEART BROKE INTO A MILLION PIECES because I was sick and COULDN’T SMELL ANY OF THE SMEEEELLLLLLLSSSS.

Like, legit I was actually so sad about it.

We got off the ride JUST in time for dinner, where Victoria had gotten a little worried, but with no problems we checked in at the Garden Grille. The cast member at the podium told us the restaurant wouldn’t be rotating tonight, which kinda sucked, but hey, there was still going to be food & characters, so we were totally okay with that, so they lead us around the corner to our table!

I commented that we needed those at work simply because our servers never learn table numbers properly, bahaha! It must help for the cast members here though! Right as we had sat down and were getting settled a woman came up to our table and said she had recognized me from the disboards, she said she didn’t post much but recognized me from the trip reports and such!

Now, our server took a while to come around, and even longer to come back with drinks, I’m pretty sure our salad actually came out first…

There were also delicious buns that we DUG in to once they popped up, and, you may notice that there is most definitely bacon on the salad….and you may remember that Jenna is a vegetarian. We had explained that to the server, and she said they had a special polenta dinner for vegetarians, and if we wanted another salad, we could get one. It took even longer for a bacon free salad to come out. It was good, nothing spectacular, but good.

Pluto came around while we were hanging out!

I am just now realizing that all of the pictures of Victoria were on her camera, but I promise you she was there! Lol. Mickey came around next!

He’s so freaking cute in his overalls! Before our main dishes came around, the chipmunks decided to pay us a visit!

I got up for Chip too, but the munks ended up coming around MULTIPLE TIMES during our meal. Like, we legit hit 2 and a half rotations, 2 different sets of “friends” of evewryone that’s how long this evening took….

Our platter was luckily at the table soon!

And Jenna’s polenta!

I’d also asked for a side of the mac & cheese and the sweet potato fries, but the fries never came….

The platter was freaking AMAZINGLY delicious, the vegetables, potatoes and the STUFFING were the clear winners, along with the mac & cheese. We had originally asked if they could bring out a second plate of the sides for Jenna, but SURPRISE they didn’t, so she literally DUG around the beef to get potatoes that weren’t touching beef or gravy….and the SERVER SAW THIS AND STILL WAS LIKE “oh….” And I asked if we could please get a side of the potatoes & veggies, Jenna would like them, the polenta wasn’t very good.

Yeah…not such a great experience for service….but the characters started to come around for a second time while we were dealing with it, and it was definitely a second set of them, as they had no idea they’d seen us already, bahha! Victoria got pictures with everyone again, but I opted to only jump up for my Munks!

Dale was a definite amazing experience, (surprise) tonight, he saw me, and FREAKED OUT, got super, super excited over it, clearly he recognized me, so I jumped up to get a picture with my boy!

SO HAPPY! He then turned to Jenna, and she wasn’t getting up, partially because she no longer had shoes on, and partially cause she’d seen them already, Well, when she turned down Dale, he got DEVESTATED, and SO OVER DRAMATCIALLY THREW himself against the wall and fell down and it was seriously hilarious. She obviously felt bad enough that she got up for a picture….

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter