Itinerary changes

Ravenne

Queen is never late everyone else is simply early
Scott from DCL Blog posted that the Sept 23 Eastern has now been changed to Western due to island damages from Irma. When that happens, how are excursions handled? I know DCL will cancel the ones booked for the Eastern, but what if passengers want to book something on the Western now? Do they change the info on their site to allow guests to go through the excursions selections again? Call? Or does everyone flock the Port Adventures desk once onboard?

And what about excursions booked independently from DCL? I would imagine that's a challenge to get ahold of the vendors on those damaged islands now. :(

I just got a call detailing our changes. We are on the Oct 7 Fantasy and our two shore excursions have morphed into three totally different ports in Western Caribbean rather than Eastern. We'll need to rebook port excursions. Castaway Cay is the same day and our port excursions are the same. They'll also need to reshuffle some onboard stuff because of the addition of a third port. No idea about independent excursions.

For details, our itinerary is now: Day 1 Depart Day 2: At sea Day 3: Cozumel, Mexico Day 4: Falmouth, Jamaica Day 5: Grand Cayman Day 6: At Sea Day 7: Port Canaveral

I just got a call detailing our changes. We are on the Oct 7 Fantasy and our two shore excursions have morphed into three totally different ports in Western Caribbean rather than Eastern. We'll need to rebook port excursions. Castaway Cay is the same day and our port excursions are the same. They'll also need to reshuffle some onboard stuff because of the addition of a third port. No idea about independent excursions.

Are you able to log into your DCL account to rebook excursions, or do you have to call or go to the Port Adventure desk onboard?

Are you able to log into your DCL account to rebook excursions, or do you have to call or go to the Port Adventure desk onboard?
Sorry! Forgot to add they said we'd be able to log in online "after Friday." The site has been buggy for me, probably because everyone is trying to log in.

Aren't some of those ports tender only? It might make a difference to someone making a booking on this type of short notice.

I cant believe that DCL isnt getting lots of cruises the rest of this year being either cancelled or moved to a different date due to all of these potential itinerary changes

Aren't some of those ports tender only? It might make a difference to someone making a booking on this type of short notice.

Grand Cayman is the only one on the Western that tenders, and it wasn't bad at all. Pretty much the same as any other disembarkation, but onto a smaller boat for a short ride to shore.

I cant believe that DCL isnt getting lots of cruises the rest of this year being either cancelled or moved to a different date due to all of these potential itinerary changes

Right. It's gonna take a while for those islands to recover, rebuild, etc. Curious to see how it plays out.

Not everyone can just change their plans on a whim. And aren't there a good number of those already in PIF?

From the reports out of St. Thomas and Tortola, it's unlikely that either of those stops will take cruises for the rest of the year, Disney or otherwise. The damage on both islands is massive. Disney's not going to cancel its cruises, and it remains to be seen whether they'll soften the cancellation policy. They'll either continue to convert the Fantasy sailings to the Western Caribbean itinerary or try to make arrangements for alternative stops in the Eastern Caribbean. Prayers for the folks on those islands.

I'm PIF and have been since Aug. I paid a premium for an Eastern itinerary but it will most likely be moved to Western (which we did and thought was 'ok'). If I didn't already have flights booked, I would try to move my dates. But alas, off to research Western...We'll make the most of it. At the end of the day, it's vacation. Any day on a mickey boat is better than a day in the office!

Anybody know yet if we'd be doing eastern or western dining rotation for Fantasy 9/23?

Anybody know yet if we'd be doing eastern or western dining rotation for Fantasy 9/23?

The next two Fantasy cruises that were to be Eastern are now Western.

I expect either similar changes to more OR other options found for Eastern itineraries.

But 9/23 and 10/7 are now Westerns

You guys have been most knowledgeable and I really appreciate your help, but I was asking about dining rotation - doesn't each itinerary usually have its own MDR rotation pattern? Should we expect to be switched to the pattern for western?

You guys have been most knowledgeable and I really appreciate your help, but I was asking about dining rotation - doesn't each itinerary usually have its own MDR rotation pattern? Should we expect to be switched to the pattern for western?

To my knowledge, the Eastern and Western have the same dining rotation.

How far in advance do you all think DCL should let people know about a switch from Eastern to Western in terms of what's appropriate notice? Seems like the degree of destruction on Tortola and St. Thomas are bed enough that it would take them out past the October date right? But then again there's the fear of not patronizing the island when it's in need of economic restoration.... and I wonder what the contracts with the islands state.... anyways just asking my original question because I wonder if they anticipate switching the other itineraries but aren't communicating to folks, seems like people would want that info

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter