Itinerary changes

I'm PIF and have been since Aug. I paid a premium for an Eastern itinerary but it will most likely be moved to Western (which we did and thought was 'ok'). If I didn't already have flights booked, I would try to move my dates. But alas, off to research Western...We'll make the most of it. At the end of the day, it's vacation. Any day on a mickey boat is better than a day in the office!

Hopefully DCL will refund the difference. I'd be disappointed to pay an Eastern price for a Western cruise.

anyways just asking my original question because I wonder if they anticipate switching the other itineraries but aren't communicating to folks, seems like people would want that info

I'm sure they have a Plan B, and possibly even Plan C, in the works. Whether those plans are actually finalized may be the bigger question, more so than they aren't communicating. Remember, there are lots of cruise lines all vying for a finite number of western port berths. I think it's pretty good that they've already managed to fully switch 2 cruises to the "regular" western itinerary without having to switch up the ports or order.

I do feel for passengers whose cruises are uncertain itineraries at this point.

Enjoy your cruise!

oh I didn't think about the other cruise lines and the competition over port space, good call!

I'm due to sail the Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy October 21st. Unfortunately, we did the Western Caribbean with Disney last year and really don't want to repeat a cruise we just did(assuming we're being re-routed to the Western route as well). Does anyone have any insight on whether Disney would allow refunds at this point or allow re-booking on a different date? I understand this is all out of their control but if I have the option to book a different date I'd certainly like to take advantage.

Hopefully DCL will refund the difference. I'd be disappointed to pay an Eastern price for a Western cruise.
I am on the 10/7 and folks in my cruise group were told we won't be paying the western price. DCL claims there is no price difference which is a load of crock. Anywho, I am trying to reschedule...to what I don't know.

I'm due to sail the Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy October 21st. Unfortunately, we did the Western Caribbean with Disney last year and really don't want to repeat a cruise we just did(assuming we're being re-routed to the Western route as well). Does anyone have any insight on whether Disney would allow refunds at this point or allow re-booking on a different date? I understand this is all out of their control but if I have the option to book a different date I'd certainly like to take advantage.

Hi there, I am on the 10/7. They are allowing us to rebook. No refunds.

To my knowledge, the Eastern and Western have the same dining rotation.
Unless it's changed, they don't have the same rotation.

FANTASY DINING ROTATIONS

Western A/Eastern A/Eastern B/Eastern C: 1231231
RAERAER
AERAERA
ERAERAE
Night 1 - Rotation menu /Crush if in AP
Night 2 - Rotation menu [formal night] /Crush if in AP
Night 3 - Rotation menu /Crush if in AP
Night 4 - Pirate menu
Night 5 - Prince & Princess menu / Animation Magic if in AP
Night 6 - Captain's Gala [semiformal night] / Animation Magic if in AP
Night 7 - See You Real Soon menu / Animation Magic if in AP

Western B [w/ Costa Maya]/Western C [w/ Jamaica]: 1231223
RAERAAE
AERAEER
ERAERRA

Night 1 - Rotation menu /Crush if in AP
Night 2 - Rotation menu [formal night] /Crush if in AP
Night 3 - Rotation menu /Crush if in AP
Night 4 - Prince & Princess menu / Animation Magic if in AP
Night 5 - Pirate menu
Night 6 - Captain's Gala [semiformal night] / Animation Magic if in AP
Night 7 - See You Real Soon menu / Animation Magic if in AP

How far in advance do you all think DCL should let people know about a switch from Eastern to Western in terms of what's appropriate notice? Seems like the degree of destruction on Tortola and St. Thomas are bed enough that it would take them out past the October date right? But then again there's the fear of not patronizing the island when it's in need of economic restoration.... and I wonder what the contracts with the islands state.... anyways just asking my original question because I wonder if they anticipate switching the other itineraries but aren't communicating to folks, seems like people would want that info

They may well be trying to work on usable Eastern ports such as San Juan (which from most reports is mostly up and running) rather than switching them all.

They may well be trying to work on usable Eastern ports such as San Juan (which from most reports is mostly up and running) rather than switching them all.

This is my thought which is why I don't know what to do as far as rescheduling. Do I reschedule waaayyy out, something totally diff (Bahamas), or push back a month in hopes they figure out a more creative solution?

This is my thought which is why I don't know what to do as far as rescheduling. Do I reschedule waaayyy out, something totally diff (Bahamas), or push back a month in hopes they figure out a more creative solution?

I'm stuck with my week in Feb because of school. I'm just going to take whatever and enjoy the heck out of being at sea on a Disney ship in warm weather away from cold NYC and my special ed class at school. :)

Anybody know yet if we'd be doing eastern or western dining rotation for Fantasy 9/23?

Pirate night has been switched to the fifth night as is typical on Western cruises so I imagine the dining rotation will be switched, too. We had Palo booked for Pirate night as is our custom. Unfortunately, as of now there isn't availability for my party on the "new" Pirate night.

We were on the 9/23 Fantasy which was switched from an Eastern to a Western. DCL allowed us to change to a European cruise next summer without penalty. The new cruise we chose was about $750 cheaper than the 9/23 cruise. They would not refund us the $750 but they did throw in airport transfers and prepaid gratuities so we ended up only "losing" about $125 which I am more than happy with. I am very pleased with DCL and Beth @ Dreams Unlimited who did a lot of the behind-the-scenes work for us!! Edited to add: Not sure if they will be as accommodating for your situation, since they have not yet announced any changes for the 10/21 sailing - they had only announced port changes for 9/23 and 10/7.

Not only that other cruise lines are
I'm sure they have a Plan B, and possibly even Plan C, in the works. Whether those plans are actually finalized may be the bigger question, more so than they aren't communicating. Remember, there are lots of cruise lines all vying for a finite number of western port berths. I think it's pretty good that they've already managed to fully switch 2 cruises to the "regular" western itinerary without having to switch up the ports or order.

I do feel for passengers whose cruises are uncertain itineraries at this point.

Enjoy your cruise!

Yes all the cruise lines will be moving from Eastern to Western cruises so spots in port are limited.

In addition starting in November that amount of cruise ships in the Caribbean will greatly increase due to all the ships repositioning from Alaska and Europe. That will greatly increase the demand for ports. I think that all cruise lines Eastern to Western itineraries are going to be a week by week basis based on where they can get into port. I think that anyone sailing on a Eastern itinerary for the next 6 months should expect changes as well as possibly porting into interesting different ports. Like Costa Maya instead of Cozumel.

It will be very interesting to see what the itineraries look like after November.

For the Eastern changed to Western, I wonder if DCL will collect the increase in port taxes (4 ports now instead of 3)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter