"It doesn't count as Thanksgiving dinner if I don't get to eat [blank]"

Considering so many people mentioned a lot of standards I want to throw in green bean casserole. I know a lot of people eat it also, made clear by the 20 foot stack of mushroom soup cans at my grocery store.

It's really a throw-down between all the carby goodness: Rolls, mashed potatoes, and stuffing. Stuffing edges out the other two but I'd be disappointed to not have all three. I'm thinking of making a homemade cranberry sauce so I'm looking forward to that.:)

I am not a fan of most thanksgiving food. (I like bread/rolls, but we go to my mother-in-law's and she prefers very soft rolls, while I'd prefer a nice crusty bread. But they'll still probably be my favorite thing there.)

The two most memorable/enjoyable thanksgiving meals I can remember were: 1) one year when I was growing up, we were traveling over thanksgiving and we went to a restaurant. They had a "thanksgiving special" but they were serving the whole menu and I was allowed to order spaghetti. 2) A few years ago, my nephew's marching band took an out-of-town trip to march in a Thanksgiving parade, so MIL wanted to delay thanksgiving dinner till the weekend when they got home. So, she hosted her traditional dinner on Sunday... and came over to our house on Thursday, where I served lasagna, garlic bread and tossed salad... a meal *I'm* thankful for.

Considering so many people mentioned a lot of standards I want to throw in green bean casserole. I know a lot of people eat it also, made clear by the 20 foot stack of mushroom soup cans at my grocery store.

I'll be making that for Christmas. ::yes::

DIL does green beans with bacon for TG.
i get to pick all the Christmas food since I am hosting

Last edited:
It's really a throw-down between all the carby goodness: Rolls, mashed potatoes, and stuffing. Stuffing edges out the other two but I'd be disappointed to not have all three. I'm thinking of making a homemade cranberry sauce so I'm looking forward to that.:)
My mom makes cranberry chutney from scratch every year and it's delicious - somehow very tart and very sweet at the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter