"It doesn't count as Thanksgiving dinner if I don't get to eat [blank]"

NotUrsula

DIS Veteran
I'm not a huge fan of Thanksgiving as a holiday (*so* much work), or even a lot of the traditional foods, but I do look forward to the pecan pie every year.

So, what's your "if I didn't get [blank], then I didn't have Thanksgiving Dinner" dish?

Uh no. Correct answer is STUFFING 😉

(and turkey and gravy…everything else is just bonus)
No stuffing in our house, dressing. No cavity to stuff on the boneless turkey breast we will be having. And with a vegetarian at the meal, even if we had a whole turkey, it would be cooked outside the bird.
And as far as gravy, I hope you mean giblet gravy.

Well, in our family, lefse is almost always served with a turkey dinner. I love lefse, but I have got to say that good dressing is a must. (I have tasted some truly awful dressings/stuffings, and in that case, lefse wins.)

I have to pick just one? OK - Turkey. After that, sweet potatoes, stuffing, apple pie, key lime pie. I'm the cook in our house - cook gets to make the menu.

honey brined turkey roasted in the oven
stuffing
lingonberry sauce

I don't care about the rest of the sides. If it has those 3 things, then I'm a happy camper.

It's a "can't have one without the other" things for me. I couldn't possibly pick just one dish because the one and only time of year we have a turkey feast is Thanksgiving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter