It’s a...WDWKOOK LIVE TRIP of FIRSTS! TRIP SUMMARY PAGE 17!

Wow, I can't get over how un-crowded Epcot was! I hope it stays that way for the next 3 weeks! Sorry your meet and greet was lame.

Oh no! Strike 2 on the resort room :crazy2: what a bummer. But glad YC was able to accommodate you. Hope that trend doesn't continue with you as you move over to GF.

How has the solo touring been? I've often wondered if I could do it. I'm always with some member of my family so I don't know what I'd do all by myself! I envy those of you that can do it.

Wow, I can't get over how un-crowded Epcot was! I hope it stays that way for the next 3 weeks! Sorry your meet and greet was lame.

Oh no! Strike 2 on the resort room :crazy2: what a bummer. But glad YC was able to accommodate you. Hope that trend doesn't continue with you as you move over to GF.

How has the solo touring been? I've often wondered if I could do it. I'm always with some member of my family so I don't know what I'd do all by myself! I envy those of you that can do it.

I assume crowds will increase after F&W starts on 9/14, the day I leave. I purposefully scheduled my trip between Labor Day and F&W hoping it would be a sweet spot in September, and there have been fewer crowds each day.

As far as solo touring, I spend on average about 2.5-3 hours in a park. I usually have 3 FPs, and at MK, I can manage walk-ons in between. I only did a couple of rides yesterday at DHS and only one today at Epcot. I also like to walk around the resort area in the late afternoon and take pictures, explore. I'm going to head to SAB later, which will be my first pool visit of my trip.

I'm always busy here so the time moves quickly. I usually glance at my phone during meals and text and look out the window and people watch. The time goes by very fast and I never mind doing things alone, maybe because I'm an only-child?

I'm enjoying walking as fast as I want, stopping when I feel like it, flitting from place to place, things I can't do as easily with family. I walk a lot, but enjoy it. Yesterday I walked from CR to the MK bus stop, then from BC to YC and from YC to DHS. Then from DHS, I stopped at BWI and took some pictures, and then headed back to YC. I ended the day with a walk around Epcot and WS and back to YC. That killed a lot of time!

BC GV/WV room. These were rehabbed recently and YC's will be rehabbed soon. YC is much more stale and worn than the BC rooms. However, the BC room carpet had already been ripped.

image.jpeg

Same toiletries as YC. CR has H2O spa toiletries in the large tubes. They also supply toothbrush and sewing kits and shower caps and robes which YC/BC don't and a laundry basket for the soiled towels, like GF, which I much prefer over the pile on the floor!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

All CR rooms have a free liter bottle of water that's replenished daily, BC/YC don't. CR also provides small cups of half & half which I would store in the fridge to cool, but no refrigeration is needed. They also provode two styrofoam to-go cups which I prefer because they're sealed. The unused ceramic coffee cups here smell like coffee for some reason:confused3

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Keyed-access gate going in:
View attachment 193379
Nice to see the keyed-access gate going in.
Now if they can only be as diligent in preventing Epcot going non resort people from taking up spots in their parking lot from registered BWI/BWV guests
it really would be something, but I am not holding my breath.

Chumley has lost weight, and his hair is longer, but I do agree about the strong resemblance!

I just have a general observation, but what happened to the shelf thing on the nightstand in your BC room I wonder? It took me a while to get used to it, but once I did, I really liked it!
7CCF2879-C384-48EA-8388-AFA058530BA0_zpslp9lhg2m.jpg

Your room:
image-jpeg.193388

I just have a general observation, but what happened to the shelf thing on the nightstand in your BC room I wonder? It took me a while to get used to it, but once I did, I really liked it!

Not all BC rooms have the little shelf thing. I've been trying to figure out the common denominator, but I think it may be that the rooms with the dormer balconies have them and the other rooms don't. I think we only had the shelf thing once and we have stayed at the BC in five different rooms since they have been remodeled.

Not all BC rooms have the little shelf thing. I've been trying to figure out the common denominator, but I think it may be that the rooms with the dormer balconies have them and the other rooms don't. I think we only had the shelf thing once and we have stayed at the BC in five different rooms since they have been remodeled.

Wow - really?! I didn't know that! I just assumed it was added to all the rooms. We've only stayed there once or twice since the refurb (club level), so I don't have many room types to compare.

Wow - really?! I didn't know that! I just assumed it was added to all the rooms. We've only stayed there once or twice since the refurb (club level), so I don't have many room types to compare.
I had originally thought that only club level rooms had them but then I noticed that some people with rooms on the fourth floor had them, too.

Reactions: TJA
I loved your YC room compared to the BC room. I wonder if the YC remodel will be as dark as BC because that would be a shame.

I love all of your pictures - thanks for posting so many. I love the Mickey shirt - Mornings should start at noon. My college DDs would love it.

Well, the AllEars meet can be described in one word - lame. I'm probably safe in making that assessment without flaming because apparently no one there was a regular poster to the DISboards! I had thought maybe some DISboard "officials" would be there or some posters, but I seemed to be the only one. I even asked around, but I just heard crickets. There were only maybe a dozen people there.

Deb Wills, the founder, was not even there, she had a cold. No speeches were made nor announcements. I almost wasn't sure where it was because they didn't even have a sign up or any indication what was going on. But, it didn't put me out since I just walked over to it at Sunshine Seasons and I was going to Epcot anyway today. I did get some free band aids and valuable "trading cards":rolleyes1

View attachment 193367

Non-existent 10:00 Epcot crowds:
View attachment 193368
Oh my go to the non existent crowds that is amazing!!

FYI my tree is still here. And this place is not crowded at all.

I think I want to try YC sometime definitely going to avoid BC. It just doesn't look like my thing. MK yesterday wasn't crowded either. Well at least I didn't think so.

Doesn't HS only have like 5 rides anyway? So trying a few is like saying you tried them all.

Love all the great pics. It's funny you got a picture of the back of the chair with the name at BWI. I forgot to look when I was there in July. Was Paul there too? I'm enjoying reading along.

Enjoy the day!

:wave: Loving this solo trip!!!

Your goat pic is precious and makes me laugh. So funny that y'all like those animals. Come see us and we'll endoctornate you into the life of raising goats:p

Too bad about BC...we had a great experience there. HOWEVER...I prefer YC. Not crazy about the BC lobby.

AllEars meet :rolleyes:....told ya so :D Now you can say, "Been there, done that"

Empty parks!! Most fabulous!! Makes me jealous since we can only go when it's shoulder to shoulder. :upsidedow

Looking forward to your GF venture!! Lots of pics, please.

Enjoy your weekend!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter