Is TRON at MK Pooh-Sized Friendly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes at the bruises on the back of Nate's calves!

It really isn’t good advice for him to be telling people to manipulate there position to fit the safety restraints.

If the ride went down that could easily corse serious injuries and damage to muscles, also things like bad crap and even blood clots.

I’m a big Nate fan but really poor form.

I am sorry, I was not being offensive at all. I was simply using a medical diagnosis (I am a MD) to describe his size and implications of riding Tron instead of using derogatory terms

Morbid obesity is a medical diagnosis and not mockery.

I understand that you were not trying to be offensive, and that you were using a term that is common in your profession. However, that does not make it a nice thing to say about somebody. There were other ways to say it.

It really isn’t good advice for him to be telling people to manipulate there position to fit the safety restraints.

If the ride went down that could easily corse serious injuries and damage to muscles, also things like bad crap and even blood clots.

He never gave any advice that was in any way unsafe. He gave tips on how to fit in properly!
Unsafe is manipulating so it doesn't lock in place but only appears to. Or fudging height to bypass a limit.
If the ride locks in place you are not unsafe.
They don't have a ride that is unsafe when you are in place properly, and he was. If he wasn't, it wouldn't have locked

I'm not huge, but fluffy. I know everyone is panicking about fitting in the ride, but I'll wait until I'm there and try it out. Hard to say based on other peoples comments. What I may fit in comfortably may not fit others. I just plan to wait and see approach. And I'm not going to fuss if I don't fit. It is what it is.

I agree with this. All I keep thinking about is the Charley horse that would result from your toes being pointed and your calf smashed for too long.

One of the things to keep in mind also is that if you have to ride in the back seat and you have a child, that other back seat is going to be taken up with that kid. So it's not like you're putting two inconvenienced guests back there at time--you're most likely putting 1 and then their under 14 kid.
Kids 7 or older but under 14 can ride without an adult. Not that many kids under 7 will be tall enough to ride, and if they are they could probably sit in a regular seat directly in FRONT of an adult in the alternate configuration car. The ride looks wild enough that I doubt you'd do much talking with your seatmate, and having your child in front of you wouldn't be much different from the arrangement on Space Mountain.

Anything to get the views

Wow. If you don’t like his channel, don’t watch. Simple. Making rude comments like this that aren’t even relevant to the conversation is outside the bounds of decency.
I watch his channel and like it … what I don’t like is when people get on someone for giving their opinion

Agree 100% but it should be the CM’s responsibility to ensure that all riders fit properly and without any issues. If he could not properly fit with the restraints then he should not have been allowed to ride. Does Disney want a Tyre Sampson situation? That would be tragic. People need to realize that rides are built for safety first.

I watch his channel and like it … what I don’t like is when people get on someone for giving their opinion
ok. But he wasn’t getting on people for giving their opinion. So it still seems mean to make those comments about him for no reason. Call out the people you want to call out for getting on someone for giving their opinion.

Just another observation and way to think about this - in the past several years, Disney has made a number of strategic decisions that benefit Disney's bottom line while seeming to impact some folks in a negative manner, and these boards have had plenty of discussion about it.

Example - elimination of Magic Express and the luggage to room service has been a HUGE challenge for some folks with either wheelchair usage, disabilities, large family groups, and/or multiple car seats. That Disney decision, thought to be for $$ reasons, has caused lots of headaches/heartaches (and potential lost business) for/from families who either couldn't/didn't want to wrangle large family groups/strollers/wheelchairs from MCO. It caused certainly foreseeable problems; Disney did it anyways; and hasn't reversed course after plenty of negative feedback.

The "new" DAS procedure was/is incredibly time consuming/challenging for many folks and was supposedly meant to help eliminate fraud and/or steer guests to the paid LL option. Again, challenge/pain for some/profit for Disney.

Resort room cleaning (dust allergies), Park Hopping restrictions (DAS users/kids who need naps/breaks); mobile order , limited menus (food allergies); paid Fast Pass (budget travelers) - all saving/making money for Disney at the expense of some group of people's ability to enjoy the park experience the way they used to.

I guess after watching so many changes implemented that had foreseeable negative consequences with little/no/super slow course correction from Disney, how are we surprised? They built two coasters, put one up, warehoused the parts for the other, and took over 5 years to build something they'd already built that doesn't "fit" large groups of people?

my goodness, I was trying to describe the fact he is very large individual and still fitted. instead of using "very large" or whatever other term, I used an approved medical term. is that really offensive?

I am out of this thread,no point of arguing this. If moderation wants to delete that comment or punish me, that is fine with me.
As an MD, are you not aware that the term morbid obesity has been replaced with the terms class III obesity or severe obesity? And since you have described him as morbidly obese, then I assume you also calculated his BMI as over 40 or as him having a BMI over 35 but also experiencing obesity related health complications (which is the criteria to diagnose severe obesity)? You were able to do all this from a picture or do you have his height and weight stats?

As an MD, are you not aware that the term morbid obesity has been replaced with the terms class III obesity or severe obesity? And since you have described him as morbidly obese, then I assume you also calculated his BMI as over 40 or as him having a BMI over 35 but also experiencing obesity related health complications (which is the criteria to diagnose severe obesity)? You were able to do all this from a picture or do you have his height and weight stats?
I see obese people all day as part of my specialty and I can guarantee his BMI is over 45.

It does not matter what I called him, morbidly obese or severe obese, people would get offended either way, so I learned my lesson and edited the post. Take care

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter